Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    First Blood
    Steam ID
    STEAM_1:0:4295787
    Wongs

DurpDurp's POV on FnaticRC.NA ending

Hi, I was FnaticRC.NA DurpDUrp, now just DurpDurp. I'm posting to make a few things clear. Since whitebeard's copy paste already got leaked here most of my screenshots are just ranting at our former manager. Also as a warning my english is terrible, and some was edited by a friend.
    http://imgur.com/8OoGUav,gUHoKvb,IwnSQkw#0
    http://imgur.com/8OoGUav,gUHoKvb,IwnSQkw#1
    http://imgur.com/8OoGUav,gUHoKvb,IwnSQkw#2

After our defense game whitebeard and I both got a post something like this.
    [1/20/2013 2:36:12 PM] Elroy Pinto: so am basically going to get right down to it. Fnatic management came to me a few days back saying that we need to make sure the results come in and after some careful deliberations we've decided to restructure the team. We're going to only retain Smurf and try and build up a team from there. I know this sounds harsh but I think it's a step in a direction we need to take. Unfortunately I don’t think at this point we see a place for you on the new team and I'd like to say that we appreciate the time and effort you put into the team, about your gear you can keep it, the monitor needs to be returned at some point and I'll give you instructions on that

Unfortunately this was all planned by smurf. Highlighted in screen2 and later confirmed by smurf is that smurf and the manager had already been considering people to replace me, whitebeard, and tachi at least 2 weeks prior to us being kicked. I explain later in post there was no reason I personally got booted, it was up entirely to smurf if he wanted me to stay or not. Also note when I say rolo was the biggest problem in the screenshot when we had original 5, I mean schedule wise rolo had trouble coming to scheduled practice, no flame intended towards his skill level.
    Before rolo left the manager would talk to him the most, and the next smurf with me being the least, tabako and whitebeard being minimal. So when rolo left apparently it became smurf in charge, his words "im the inside man." Also I can’t confirm but smurf was definitely trying to get rid of whitebeard even before the bootcamp.

Whitebeard technically has a reason for being dropped (even if it’s a bad reason): because of school whitebeard cannot make "ideal" practice times vs EU teams in the morning. Tachi was our standin after rolo, and tabako decided to leave the team after our bootcamp because of his busy schedules. Tachi was playing well, can play chen, visage, and wisp, which is not something you can say about many NA support.
    He was playing fine generally and we were definately keeping him in the long run to tryout for a real Fnatic spot. After our bootcamp we got a new practice schedule and Tachi took days off from work so he could actually come and play on those days we had practice. He was also not informed of being removed or a warning of any kind until after our last defense game. I feel this move by smurf screws over Tachi, as Tachi made a lot of effort to play and practice with us and then smurf just cut him without warning.

Me however in the post u can see and in screenshots I am not told at all why I was dropped but smurf could stay. He just says smurf is more communicative. I would safely say I was after I joined JT (our team before becoming Fnatic’s academy team), the most dedicated to be playing on a competitive team out of the original JT Dota (whitebeard, tabako, rolo, smurf and me). I am the only one on the team, smurf included to NEVER miss a scheduled practice or match ever (the reason we didn't play saturday the day before our defense match was because of smurf, though in his defense he was attending a funeral I believe, but it’s still his fault we could not practice (things like this happened several times). I won't say I’m a better player than smurf but I certainly did not underperform in any of our games. Of course I made some mistakes, but nothing serious enough to be booted for. In part of our teams time where whitebeard was our solo mid I tried to step up and captain the team because as mid you can't really captain, at least during the early game. While we eventually went back to whitebeard being our captain, I always tried my hardest and have been dedicated to making the team work. The only thing I could legally be booted for in my contract was that I didn't post monthly blogs.

Something I want to make clear is that our manager was just awful. (This does not include Fnatic.EU or their management at all, maybe some higher ups that decide on both the teams, but I have no information on that at all.) He says in the post they want results. I am pretty sure you have a better chance of finding results by allowing people to play and grow together, instead of booting all but 1 of the original team who have played together for the past 5 months
    Also if you don't remember they started out sponsoring 1 person, Powernet which did not work at all, another bad idea in my opinion. In the screenshots I show the manager did not talk to me since dec 17th. There is a small skype chat about rolo and tabako leaving at bootcamp that was on a different comp but that was purely about my opinion on them leaving though. No warning to improve or be booted after the bootcamp. Nothing.

The manager called me immature after our skype chat. Probably true but I would at least have the decency if I were the manager of a team to inform people that maybe sacrificing things in their personal life to play well on the team that they need to improve or a warning at least that they might not be on that team much longer. For example I've been applying for jobs the past 2 weeks that wouldn't interfere with our practice times, if smurf had decided to want me on the team and they still kick whitebeard to try to practice at 8am pst I would of been screwed again, having to choose between a job and practice. And at the very least wasted all my time looking and applying for jobs that I couldn't take if I decided to be on the team still.

Shit like this is why NA dota is so terrible. There are plenty of good players enough to make a bunch of decent teams, hell a bunch of u guys flame FNATIC.NA for being bad and we had
    over 75% win rate on gosugamers top 20 for a while. But everybody is greedy and want better rosters and disband / roster change all the time so there is no actual teams to practice on a NA time schedule so you are forced to try to play early morning to play vs EU teams, which the NA teams lose to them and try to roster change and disband some more and then forms a cycle. IF people would stop being so hasty trying to be best right off the bat and like tabako said in his interview when we joined Fnatic, to just keep stable rosters is the key, then NA dota can improve without having only the people who can wake up at 8am pst on weekdays improve.

TLDR: smurf planned with the manager to have the rest of us booted without our knowledge or a warning and replace us, and the manager is a joke.

Also one bit of flame, after a few scrims with sneyking on our team he says on voice in skype "You need to pick smurf a blink hero or something cause you aren't going to win with your hard carry getting picked like that every game." I found it amusing.
    Last edited by DurpDurp; January 21st, 2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: question answered

how does that make you feel

Steam ID
    afsdf
    Wongs
    call the ruff ryders

Steam ID
    KF11
    Wongs
    can i get a TL;DR

Steam ID
    afsdf
    Wongs
    fnatic management has really bad social skills pretty much

Godlike
    Steam ID
    Dayayayayve
    Wongs
    What an awful experience and good words of advice. Good luck finding a better team.

Godlike
    Steam ID
    rana549
    Wongs
    Based on the Skype shots I'd agree with your assessment of the manager seeming like a douche, simply based on his insistence that he was not there to listen to anything you had to say.

Steam ID
    afsdf
    Wongs
    if they decide you should get booted then you get booted, that's what he meant by "it's a decision" cause there's nothing else they have to uphold

Quote Originally Posted by Dayayayayve View Post
    What an awful experience and good words of advice. Good luck finding a better team.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingKoalaDolphin View Post
    can i get a TL;DR
    smurf went all SFG and got everyone kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    good thing we're all well adjusted human beings here that don't ever take shit too far

Steam ID
    afsdf
    Wongs
    i mean someone should listen out of decency but they have no obligation to. i'm sure this was all in plain sight when u signed any form of a contract with them

Godlike
    Steam ID
    rana549
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    if they decide you should get booted then you get booted, that's what he meant by "it's a decision" cause there's nothing else they have to uphold
    Is this directed at what I wrote?

Steam ID
    Smiddeee
    Wongs
    You should start your name off with "Herp"

Then add the letter A between each syllable
    insert gif here

Wongs
    i feel like if this was any other team this could be a hall of fame thread kinda deal but as it is no one cares and im hella not reading that

Wongs
    heres the tldr

hell a bunch of u guys flame FNATIC.NA for being bad and we had
    over 75% win rate on gosugamers top 20 for a while

Steam ID
    afsdf
    Wongs
    wonder who smurf will sign

grats in advance rtz

Wongs
    grartz rtz!!!

Honestly, you should be thankful that a organization like fnatic picked you up in the first place, also you went to some lan thing and got gear, not trying to be offensive (fnatics manager did seem like a douch) but you were a team with 0 accomplishments and got picked by a huge organization. Hope you enjoyed the free ride.

Steam ID
    SMURF-
    Wongs
    pick me a blink hero durp.. oh wait.

I guess ill post my side of the story when i get home.
    Last edited by cocothebutcher; January 21st, 2013 at 09:08 PM.

Steam ID
    SMURF-
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood_Star View Post
    i feel like if this was any other team this could be a hall of fame thread kinda deal but as it is no one cares and im hella not reading that
    nvm