Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    Double Kill
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:0:3955151

Take5's side to the MLG disqualification

I made a super huge mistake posting this during a hissy fit.

I want to apologize to MLG, VexX gaming, and the reddit community. Also Decency and Gazboolean because I targeted you.

To Reddit: First I want to make it clear I did not start the reddit discussion I simply responded to it. That said it is obvious that I was trying to bait this out into an argument in the open and win favor with people. The way I handled myself during the discussion was not acceptable and that is what I apologize for, but it is quite contradictory or reddit to upvote personal attacks on a poster while then condemning him for doing the same thing. I have been lurking for a while and this is my first real time posting on reddit at the very least I hope the post showed people that I was not maliciously trying to break the rules and that I am passionate about the game.

To MLG: Even more than reddit I think MLG deserves the biggest apology. I am sorry I bitterly posted logs of our private conversations.

To Vexx Gaming: I want to apologize for how my players reacted in the game and before the game and how I reacted after being declined by MLG, and I want people to stop flaming them for doing what is in their best interest. If I had an opportunity to do something like this against a team I can not say I would not take it.
    Last edited by Pandaego; October 9th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.

Steam ID
    elementdota
    :'[

Double Kill
    Steam ID
    Ps. Your welcome spitwad

Dominating
    Steam ID
    ryaNNN
    I still don't understand why the admins would let the game start in the first place. If standins are such a big deal.

oh dear

thanks for the insight pandaego

Double Kill
    Steam ID
    I said to the admin Jason said it was ok because no where in our email correspondence does it say standins are not allowed and because Jason is basically the head of the tournament the admin started the game.

Steam ID
    rainbow
    Demon forgot about our match and went to the gym.
    Quote Originally Posted by vT.Jubei View Post
    we're reviving "that's that ivy league advantage" and "─=≡Σ((( つ̀ώ)つ" as our new nadota q2 2014 memes. hop on board boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternaLEnVy View Post
    well ur the only nadota poster with brains i guess.

I can certainly see that Take5 has an argument here, it's almost feeling like MLG skirted around the issue to try to keep their schedule.

Steam ID
    rainbow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaego View Post
    Which if u watched the game was totally inconsequential to the outcome. Except for the Dq obviously which we did not expect or know about until after the fact. This isnt on Demon at all if anything its me.
    It sounds like they just really didn't like your teams attitude (Arteezy with that pause and spam ping, Mason with his name) and then just made up more official sounding reasons to DQ you.
    we're reviving "that's that ivy league advantage" and "─=≡Σ((( つ̀ώ)つ" as our new nadota q2 2014 memes. hop on board boys.

Double Kill
    Steam ID
    RTZ was pinging me cause I kill stole, and to all the people saying Take 5 be more professional go fuck urself. If we were EG or Liquid this would not be a DQ. So I am not going to act professional until I get treated the same as sponsored teams.

Steam ID
    rainbow
    Yeah, I saw the KS and the subsequent pings but the pause was a little overboard. I don't think it should matter but a lot of those reddit type autists get really mad about that shit.

Steam ID
    jing
    if you get disqualified for using subs but want to rematch with the original roster why would they not allow it?

i guess it's up to them to be lenient about the rules and vexx obviously won't even try to compete with t5 even if it was some sort of mason+4 stack

"It’s unfortunate that other Dota 2 tournaments have ignored the use of non-Roster substitutes. We feel that that is one of the most basic forms of cheating that exists in professional sports, and we will continue to prohibit it."

ROFL so using standins isnt just like a rule they have, but they actually consider it cheating? wow.
    fuckin mlg i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoj View Post
    "wow you made me blow my load early you dumbass kill urself" - arteezy

fucking nadotas gonna crash again

Steam ID
    jing
    you have to look at this subjectively form their point of view. this is MLG they have like 0 connection to nadota beyond knowing who competed in the international (and probably not even the names of the players other than the few very well known ones) so form a business perspective you're mega expendable.

if they DO allow you to rematch vexx will cry on reddit and TL and joindota or w/e it is about how they've treated THEM unfairly for overlooking rules. obviously they can't have that because 1) they're out of touch with the dota community by like a fucking galaxy and 2) it's way more work for them

PANDAEGO GOING HAM

Steam ID
    jing
    everyone who post frequently on reddit's guaranteed to be horrible at dota and in denial

vexx being a reddit team embodies both those attributes so if they lose by a landslide they're going to look for every opportunity to avoid further confrontation with the winning team. they're not even going about it subtly it's so blatantly obvious what they're trying to do.

if i'm being honest it's not even their fault or MLG's. they can't help being the weasels they are but on the other hand you gave them too many holes to tunnel

Well if I was in vexx gaming I'd let u go.

Steam ID
    Spit-wad