Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 5627
  1. #41
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tomacawk View Post
    at least you find meaning in your gaming life through threatening to use your internet forum power

    melee is the dopest non dota game though. this documentary is awesome so far (haven't watched past part 1).
    seriously the technical depth of melee is just unreal, it's an extreme pleasure to watch top level play when you completely understand the vortex of mindgames going on
    the grimace on pp's face this weekend was hilarious

    he always looked like he was in serious pain, especially after he lost to hbox

  2. #42
    M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,788
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:53981838
    everyone has something they're good at it's just a matter of being able to peddle that talent for money

  3. #43
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    on another note



    kevin and zac are SO fucking good at doubles it blows my mind

  4. #44
    Unstoppable tomacawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by tsUmuGi- View Post
    the grimace on pp's face this weekend was hilarious

    he always looked like he was in serious pain, especially after he lost to hbox
    playing in tournies is so god damn stressful, i know where he's coming from
    you can have as much raw talent as you want, you'll never win majors without being able to stay calm and avoid frustration

    pewfat is mega fucking legit
    if those two can reach s tier level individually they will be the new ken and isai

  5. #45
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    i kinda agree with whoever it was that said that pp's attitude towards the game is different, with the whole thing of accepting ur mistakes + moving on versus on dwelling on them in frustration and shit. its not like he hasnt been in those situations before, but he seems to be dealing with em differently now; maybe he's just tired idk

    and yeah its ridiculous seeing where those 2 are as players now versus what they were 5 years ago. they've come so far its insane

    also kevin legit makes marth look like a good character in teams

  6. #46
    Unstoppable tomacawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    817
    i think marth is super viable in teams, you just play a different play style
    you can't really do marth combos unless you can isolate one of the opponents because the combos take too long and often have laggy, punishable moves (like fsmash, chain grabbing, trying to finish with a ken combo, etc)
    but if you let your teammate go in and sit back and put up a wall of priority, you can have a huge impact on the match

    i've always been a better doubles player than singles, and it's nice to see a top team that isn't relying on being better individual players to win
    you really do have to play a different style from doubles -> singles

    good example is from my own play when i was really active
    you can see in games like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHY6ecuuidI i'm the worst player in the game, but by playing intelligently and knowing what i need to do within the context of complimenting my teammate, i can make a huge impact
    there's lots of games of me and andale vs tink/kels, kirkq/cosmo, dart/orly etc where I'm the worst player but making huge impacts by positioning well and working around my teammate's play style

  7. #47
    M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,788
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:53981838
    were you falco or peach in that game?

    i was an ass doubles player.

    well i was an ass singles player too

    it's nice to see that the scene is still going

  8. #48
    I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    42,217
    Who's not better double retard, blame teammate

  9. #49
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    yeah, i think its unusual to see marth perform so well in teams cause it seems that no other high level marth has really taken the time to work on teams at this kind of level

    besides m2k who doesnt even play marth in teams cause hes got sheik/fox

    teams is so fucking rewarding when you actually figure out how it works; reminds me of when my friend and i had a solid win in round one, then had to go play pewfat round 2 and we got murdered oh god. games hard when the other team has better teamwork and is more individually skilled

    the feeling of pulling off crisp combos in a 2v1 situation feels so much better than just doing it in a singles situation

  10. #50
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by tomacawk View Post
    i think marth is super viable in teams, you just play a different play style
    you can't really do marth combos unless you can isolate one of the opponents because the combos take too long and often have laggy, punishable moves (like fsmash, chain grabbing, trying to finish with a ken combo, etc)
    but if you let your teammate go in and sit back and put up a wall of priority, you can have a huge impact on the match

    i've always been a better doubles player than singles, and it's nice to see a top team that isn't relying on being better individual players to win
    you really do have to play a different style from doubles -> singles

    good example is from my own play when i was really active
    you can see in games like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHY6ecuuidI i'm the worst player in the game, but by playing intelligently and knowing what i need to do within the context of complimenting my teammate, i can make a huge impact
    there's lots of games of me and andale vs tink/kels, kirkq/cosmo, dart/orly etc where I'm the worst player but making huge impacts by positioning well and working around my teammate's play style
    that falco choked so fucking hard game1

    weird seeing fox being the stock tank and puff going in like that especially against zelda and shit

  11. #51
    Unstoppable tomacawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    817
    i was fox? there was no peach

    man the sickest teams combo i ever had was in 2012 teaming with dekuschrub, wasn't recorded unfortunately
    it was me and deku vs strongbad's last stock, all 3 of us fox
    i did a dash attack tech chase, then did another dash attack, and then a third one because i wanted to keep doing the same move
    then after the third one strongbad di'd into deku and he dash attacked him a fourth time, and then he just backaired him and it was game
    dash attacked blind

    tsumugi i work full time now and the pay is legit, i'll probably make my way to cali for the next national you guys host
    let's fuckin play some smash
    and smoke some sacred herb if you're into the daily sacrament

    edit-andale is insane man. check the upload date on that video. he was by far the best resting puff (for this time) and his aggression in general was amazing
    i wish he didn't quit, i think he could have been top level a year ago at the rate he was improving
    him and dart both (dart being the best midwest marth, i think he's also inactive now) went from getting 3 stocked by me in 2008 to being even in 2009 and 2 stocking me in 2010
    and i was active the whole time so no johns
    Last edited by tomacawk; October 15th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

  12. #52
    Well, whatever. rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8,602
    brock li is actually p. legit at smash
    BWCdaddy
    3 days ago LMFAO SHE GOT PAID TO LOOK LIKE THAT. Ya pornhub should take down a porn video that everyone got paid and vetted for. Unreal u fucking pussy made cunt. Go join christian mingle.com holy fuck . I was gonna jerk off now im too pissed reading ur dumbass opinions. Cut ur dick off cuz ur already a bitch

  13. #53
    Holy Shit tsUmuGi-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5,086
    oh deku is the guy darkatma talks about. actually dont u know darkatma too or something

    sounds good, ill actually be able to travel once i graduate and start working and shit. i aint missing evo this year

  14. #54
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    7,331
    pewfats so goddamn good
    the next el chocolate diablo or w/e

  15. #55
    M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    us
    Posts
    1,788
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:53981838
    Quote Originally Posted by tomacawk View Post
    i was fox? there was no peach

    man the sickest teams combo i ever had was in 2012 teaming with dekuschrub, wasn't recorded unfortunately
    it was me and deku vs strongbad's last stock, all 3 of us fox
    i did a dash attack tech chase, then did another dash attack, and then a third one because i wanted to keep doing the same move
    then after the third one strongbad di'd into deku and he dash attacked him a fourth time, and then he just backaired him and it was game
    dash attacked blind

    tsumugi i work full time now and the pay is legit, i'll probably make my way to cali for the next national you guys host
    let's fuckin play some smash
    and smoke some sacred herb if you're into the daily sacrament

    edit-andale is insane man. check the upload date on that video. he was by far the best resting puff (for this time) and his aggression in general was amazing
    i wish he didn't quit, i think he could have been top level a year ago at the rate he was improving
    him and dart both (dart being the best midwest marth, i think he's also inactive now) went from getting 3 stocked by me in 2008 to being even in 2009 and 2 stocking me in 2010
    and i was active the whole time so no johns
    i'm blind as fuck and didnt realize that was zelda or that you were blue team forgive me


    now that i remember a bit more i think i was a sheik picker

  16. #56
    Unstoppable tomacawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    817
    yeah i know binyan. when he was going to washU in StL I was going to SIUE about 25-30 minutes away from there. He and deku were the only players better than me in the region.
    deku's really really good, and he's also absolutely hilarious. one of my favorite players. pretty smart guy too, he might be dr. schrub now but i think he's just master schrub

    this is the most recent tournament I went to. it's pretty funny to watch for me because it's evident how on tilt I was. spamming spot dodges and ccing every dsmash. his crew was behind us cheering for him and shit talking me the whole set, i play so bad when the crowd is flaming me lol. had to just play falcon because i couldn't play fox when i'm so tilted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgcqRWfLYUE
    this is the only other set that was recorded from the tourny, me bodying a local
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJatsnzrQok
    reppin the midwest with the StL hat. this tourny was nuts. I hadn't slept since the day before and came to the tournament super tired and absolutely blitzed from the herb lol
    tsumugi link me some of your matches

  17. #57
    I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    38,970
    the documentary is dope so far this game is so much fun

  18. #58
    Well, whatever. rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8,602
    ya im on ep3 they did a really good job
    BWCdaddy
    3 days ago LMFAO SHE GOT PAID TO LOOK LIKE THAT. Ya pornhub should take down a porn video that everyone got paid and vetted for. Unreal u fucking pussy made cunt. Go join christian mingle.com holy fuck . I was gonna jerk off now im too pissed reading ur dumbass opinions. Cut ur dick off cuz ur already a bitch

  19. #59
    Holy Shit Risk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    5,981
    Steam ID
    Risk_Player
    Thanks for sharing this Ganked, I watched the first 2 ep and I love it. Never been a competitive Smash Player but I always loved the game.

  20. #60
    Legend Spit-wad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    13,839
    Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Quote Originally Posted by tsUmuGi- View Post
    smashboards been fucked ever since that revamp a couple of years back
    Don't think that was even a year ago, if you're talking about switching from vBulletin to Xenforo.

    Dumb move.

Page 3 of 282 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •