Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kunkka

Kunkka

Discuss all things pertaining to Kunnka here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Kunkka

so um i go phase boots daedelus but in light of recent events i was told this is a retard build

what is the right build for this hero

bottle -> phase (drum, shadowblade or urn) crystalys -> BKB AC

i see people build battlefury on him sometimes and ive experimented with it but i dont think it's that amazing i think bottle works.

urn might be better than drum but i havent tried it enough to say which one i like better. shadowblade is really quite good on him you can just x torrent boat into shadowblade crit and kill anybody i think

you always want a quelling, you always want a stout shield. halberd is quite good on him

use x on a teammate and have them tp back to base with your bottle. they will fully heal in fountain then come back via x with a full bottle for you. i believe this also works if you just give them your bottle as soon as they come back from x (since there's a glitch where fountain fills bottles for a split second even after people have tp'd) although im not 100% sure this still works as i havent done it in awhile
    Last edited by Max_; July 13th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    u need either a bkb, shadow blade, or blink dagger. the hero doesn't function without one of thhose in any kind of real game in a carry role.

Godlike
    blinks sick

ive never tried blink but i want to now.

i think BKB/AC are pretty much core every game there aren't any other items that give him the survivability he needs once he has phase+crystal+1 and the dmg you get from BKB is actually pretty efficient compared to other heroes because of his cleave, being a strength hero, and having crystal.

i also think linkens is pretty good on this hero if you forgo the BKB for a shadowblade or something or even with BKB if you need to be blocking dismember, doom, fiend's grip, or putting it on your wombo initiator (DS, FV, Magnus, etc.)

one thing to consider is that this hero has armor issues, and they aren't easily addressed pre-AC and this problem is compounded by his lack of item slots (considering you will want to keep quelling for as long as possible and have a bottle). maybe getting RoB instead of stout in the early game would be better?

something like tango quelling branches -> bottle -> phase -> RoB -> choose 1 of urn/shadowblade/blink -> crystalys -> BKB -> AC. idk you still have item slot issues like that and the RoB just seems like a 500 gold delay of your pre-crystal item but this hero has legit armor issues
    Last edited by Max_; July 13th, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

the more i think about it the more i think urn is much better than drum. i used to do drum a lot but i dont really do it anymore now that i started going urn on him. urn + tidebringer is a lot of dmg that can be dealt out from a long distance and urn is very strong utility item on this hero considering how much he benefits from the strength. all of his skills are extremely strong in pushing/defending push situations and with urn charges + your 4 role having a mek you'll have great sustainability, coupled with his ability to punish poorly positioned enemy heroes during push situations to get more urn charges

even though i think he can be played as a 1 i think he's much stronger in a 2 role like an offlane FV or a mirana might usually take on and so building up utility items like linkens, AC, and urn are powerful on him since you should be in fights anyway making room for your 1. if you are gonna go 1 though you can skip the bottle and go RoH -> phase -> battlefury -> crit -> bkb -> ac and it works pretty well actually, it's the only time i build battlefury on him. if your supports stack hard camps/ancients for you it's possible to get the battlefury really quickly. im sure that it's not as good though it just works at my shit mmr. i was considering deleting this section but i wanted to address bfury on him

bottle/phase/urn is a lot of survivability in the early game and this hero is amazing at turning around tower dives because you just port in and clear the wave and hit running enemy heroes with a tidebringer while using X to punish/catch out enemy heroes and boat to buff up your allies
    Last edited by Max_; July 13th, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

i'd never get a bfury on this guy because his potential doesnt need it

i suppose i see why AC's useful but i don't pick it up on him much. the proper situation is key

mobility is very strong which is why phase drum is popular

sb or bd is fun but bkb is usually the way to go if you've invested in phase drum

rob vs stout shield is a fickle thing, rob scales better and provides a bit of mana but stout shield is really really good for kunkka in the laning stage.

properly bottlecrowing is really important on this hero and you shouldn't pick fights without mostly full health or enough mana for plenty of spells

hero does enough damage/has strategic value that qb doesn't really seem necessary
    Last edited by divine; July 13th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

but if u hit creeps ur time bringer hits people harder with qb right? that's why I was under the impression that qb is a core item until you don't have the item slots for it anymore

I'm not trying to say bfury is good either I don't really like it on him but I have experimented with it and find its only really good if you can get it very quickly through hard camp stacks and free lane farm for a role 1 kunkka.

this hero is more suited to a utility/2 role though for sure

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    battlefury + blink dagger is pretty good

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    support kunkka is pretty good too

Steam ID
    Twilight2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_ View Post
    but if u hit creeps ur time bringer hits people harder with qb right? that's why I was under the impression that qb is a core item until you don't have the item slots for it anymore
    No, tidebringer doesn't cleave quelling blade damage.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by G.SkiLL View Post
    support kunkka is pretty good too
    nice LGD picked support kunkka

that shit is super fucking legit

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight2008 View Post
    No, tidebringer doesn't cleave quelling blade damage.
    ur right okay i dont think quelling is core anymore someone lied to me

Steam ID
    Smiddeee
    SnY and Urn are super legit on this hero

Holy Shit
    Blink + level 4 x is some really wild initiation range

Godlike
    Steam ID
    wArbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_ View Post
    ur right okay i dont think quelling is core anymore someone lied to me
    It did in Dota 1 for like 3 days then it got patched and thats why you could never purchase Quelling Blade on that hero.

With Dota 2 they can change the mechanics of heros/items which is why its purchasable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9sky View Post
    orb walking = use autocast on drow frost arrows when u got lifesteal

im seeing tons of bottle -> phase -> battlefury -> blink -> daedalus games in high mmr replays ive been watching

Attacker, the guy that's 6900 mmr goes this build as well

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    Battlefury seems mega useless on him
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Holy Shit
    well Attacker gets it so i prolly gonna try it now

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast