Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Knight

Dragon Knight

Discuss all things pertaining to Dragon Knight here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Knight

Can someone tell me how to itemize this hero? I mean, it's so hard to pick a 2nd core item after treads.. There's sny, halberd, bkb, shadow blade.. and I've also been considering Necrobook 2 (goldwise they're not so far off in price). I think Necrobook 2 would be pretty good because by level 11 your dragon form isn't the same anymore--no poison damage to tower. At the same time necrobook units have 80 and 50 base damage--not to mention the extra atk speed and move speed (something you can get from drums/sny). But since the necrobook is made up of staff of wizardry, the intelligence you get comes in very handy.. From around, give or take, 400 mana at lvl 11, to around 700 mana. You get to cast more breathfires and stuns during the teamfight which is usually a problem so we resort to a bottle (not saying that we shouldn't get a bottle; bottle is great). Advice? Opinion?

they kept poison on level 2 dragon a patch or two ago didnt tehy?

i actually am clueless, because i looked at the description yesterday or the other day and wherever i saw it--it didn't state so at all.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Steam ID
    maara5
    blinks great on that hero

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    i think u can build him totally based on what u want him to do. mek/pipe into ac is a really strong build if that's what u want him for. the hero actually brings a lot besides DPS so this build and builds like it are totally viable.

if you're dealing damage u can choose between treads/drum/bkb or treads/drum/shadow blade or just get a bracer instead of drums. after bkb/shadow blade u can choose between maelstrom/mjolnir and ac. later in the game u can go crit, possibly satanic as a 6th slot, or halbard if the sitation calls for it.

i have 90% win rate on this hero, ask me anything

Quote Originally Posted by maarakaan View Post
    blinks great on that hero

amazing, wow. thanks for help~

I think, if it's possible and appropriate to be aggressive--if you have a really good timing on shadow blade, then not finishing the drums is ok. But if you think your team needs a bit more to settle, then I guess drums would also be great early on. And of course, depending on what kind of strat your team has such as early push etc.

In my initial post, it's not really like I didn't know shadow blade was an option, I just think I personally have a weird disliking to that item. I feel like it's too easy to counter, but then again it does give pretty good dps and initiation. So if there's a chance to be really aggressive and keep the pressure up; buying the detection for the enemy team will be an economic victory..

shadow blade's good, coupled with phase boots you can get some great initiations. i personally don't really like building drum on dk, the extra mana's nice but since i usually build phaseboots the extra ms isn't really necessary. if i'm mid i go something like bottle wand phase-> sb-> crit/bkb/sy. mjolnir's probably really great now, i haven't been playing really last month at all but the active alone justifies the pickup imo

Ya no that makes total lot of sense. I've seen my friend get mjol on him and it just wrecks people. The buff does so much damage, having dk as the tank, but also dealing so much damage because at level sixteen you're literally a drow ranger except you can even get lifesteal at the same time if you wanted.

ive been getting midas on him lately and i think its fine if there isnt a lot of urgency to the laning-pre 20 min game

Holy Shit
    Basically after treads you have a few cross roads. First choice is whether to make drums or not. I get it most games but you could choose to skip out for a variety of reasons.

Next decision is deciding what a shadow blade would do for you. Would it set up free kills and initiations? I usually get it but it won't always do something for you.

Next crossroads is determining whether to get BKB or not. I almost never get it but that's because I draft DK when im also drafting a Chen and often an offlane omni knight. Generally I need damage more than I need BKB but depending on your lineup/enemy lineup you might need one.

Next crossroads is choosing between Mjollnir and AC. Either choice you will likely want the hyperstone first unless the armor is needed urgently. Mjollnir is just a game winning item on him. Popping your lvl 16 ulty and siegeing that tier three with the lightning shield on you and the AoE procs coming out and the natural slow + game winning aoe damage of that frost dragon is usually when the enemy has to tap out

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    I'm a goddamn legend at this hero and you should just listen to what KZZ posted and ignore everyone else, no offense everyone else
    ask me about indigo children

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    When I'm on the mountain (Kilimanjaro) They call me Meme Master
    How's this hero fun

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    You breathe fire and turn into a dragon hows that not fun
    ask me about indigo children

Quote Originally Posted by 13ad7uck. View Post
    How's this hero fun
    you make fun items on him then come out of invis and kill someone in stun, how's that not fun

Steam ID
    FelonyGoD
    Treads midas hotd armlet into heart satanic + 1(halberd crit ac) as 1 role

Treads drums optional shadowblade bkb then w/e as a 2

this heroes broken I think

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    When I'm on the mountain (Kilimanjaro) They call me Meme Master
    yeah... but its not flashy man i need dagon and corpse explosions lens flare too

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast