Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    When I'm on the mountain (Kilimanjaro) They call me Meme Master
    ive seen my legenedary sniper runi earth spirits and phoenixes alike cause of headshot proc oh the pain is rich!

Unstoppable
    heroes like lina, ursa, clinkz, troll, lc, and huskar that have built in attack speed own him throughout the game. you can outplay ursa/clinkz in a lot of situations but in general if they choose to shut you down they will. huskar is pretty much autolose.

supports with silences disrupt his teamfighting and fuck up dive during lane phase (the swoop in a circle feed). return sux too.

ph requires mana to defend himself in lane so nyx lion or am can easily starve him out during lane phase. in fact the hero's so mana dependent that if a silencer kills you twice in lane your mana pool wont be high enough to use spirits and ult.

rhasta and lions instant cast hex can be used to fuck over dive initiation

supports with good autoattack animations can zone him purely from right clicks. having good animations means dodging spirits between autoattacks is much easier. ph cant trade autoattacks vs anyone without spirits hitting cause hes got no armor and no hp. wr and dazzle are particular ones that come to mind. the same applies to the farmer against ph. in particular ive lost to a lot of snipers that rush phase boots.

A lot of what I talk about has to do with lane phase cause I think the counter lies in it. realize that the hero is a complete glass cannon and that in the lane spirits have to land in order to do damage. Pub offlaning isnt like real offlaning. You tend to get way more than you should be getting if everyone were doing theri job right. So having supports that can fullproof zone out and make the ph play from behind in levels is gonna keep him from bullying everyone with his ult and keep the snowballing from occuring. he can technically recover from a shut down lane with stacked jungle camps, but no one does that for an offlaner in pubs so you're probably good to go from here

Unstoppable
    sidenote everyone that plays this hero has such awful aim and decision making that you rarely see the gayness at its full potential. id hate to play myself on that hero lols

Steam ID
    Smiddeee
    i don't play enough phx to give a proper stradegy advice, how ever i have spammed him a little on my sub for fun (he is a fun hero)

So if you're new to the hero like i was, my only advice is always get urn and alway get shiva's guard.
    From the moment I first saw your photograph, some odd weeks ago, I have been enraptured with your beauty. Never before in my life have I been so struck by something as simple as a photograph, a digital one to boot. I cannot remember who showed it to me, but at the moment I knew my life would forever change. For much of my life, I have been a lone wolf, cynically mocking those I've known for their recollections of this concept of love, tossing it aside as an evolutionary byproduct of humankind becoming too intelligent for their own good, and thus creating a lie so everyone doesn't just run off a cliff like a wild pack of lemmings into the ocean below. Yet at that moment, I finally understood.
    :beaten:

Holy Shit
    i lose to this hero a lot. i think im like 3-15 against pheonix.

Banned
    hero seems super busted. when someone is good with it i just dread the game

Does anyone get Veil of Discord on Phoenix?

Unstoppable
    i originally used to do tranq urn shivas but found id get stuck in midgame not getting the gold to finish it

basically from the perspective of trying to win the game on ur own its better to get a cheaper midgame item so u have more influence earlier.

In a real game mek is probably the best first item choice.

in pubs if theres a big mmr gap i go veil. its probably the better item no matter what if ur owning. if u end up hitting level 11 earlier than normal and have a veil you can bully the other team nearly solo eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGg2ia5qdx4
    Last edited by 2c; August 31st, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

that video
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

I bet if you put this hero solo safelane and ran aggro trilanes that it would be borderline unbeatable

how many viable offlaners beat this fucker 1v1

Holy Shit
    Lost another two games to a Phoenix yesterday fuck off birds

Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
    I bet if you put this hero solo safelane and ran aggro trilanes that it would be borderline unbeatable

how many viable offlaners beat this fucker 1v1
    clinkz windrunner lc omni and nyx all do good against him

if you 'predict' such a lane happening you can straight rape him/force lane adjustments with a viper or huskar

you bring up what i kind of said earlier though. he can lane everywhere and generally it will work out well from him. in particular the most underused position for him in pubs is playing him mid radiant and double stacking the hard/med camps.

Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by epok View Post
    that video
    let it be known that i kill that doom too but it takes a long time so i cut it

Quote Originally Posted by 2c View Post
    clinkz windrunner lc omni and nyx all do good against him

if you 'predict' such a lane happening you can straight rape him/force lane adjustments with a viper or huskar

you bring up what i kind of said earlier though. he can lane everywhere and generally it will work out well from him. in particular the most underused position for him in pubs is playing him mid radiant and double stacking the hard/med camps.
    Why is Windranger so good against this hero? I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Unstoppable
    Hard to hit with spirits
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite654 View Post
    he can solo like any hero really fucking easily by buying tranquil boots in safelane

Quote Originally Posted by Tiiy View Post
    Why is Windranger so good against this hero? I'm not sure what I'm missing.
    you press r and the egg dies

Holy Shit
    I finally won a game against a Phoenix. I was storm spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Ahhhh. I was thinking pre level 6.

Steam ID
    Twilight2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    You can't focus fire the egg.

Beyond Grantlike