Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom

Doom

Discuss all things pertaining to Doom here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Doom

Steam ID
    subkamran
    phase drums vlads + alpha wolf is ownage when u got other right clickers on ur team (melee or not). people flame the early vlads but it actually wins games, just stack auras and dont die.

blink shiva is still good though
    Last edited by kaki; April 30th, 2014 at 02:30 AM.

Can't Stump the Trump (Hi snakebite654's Avatar
    midas bot aka the do nothing build.

Steam ID
    TheLastBaron
    Does anyone here ever get his aghs?

Get aghs when you feel just knocking 1-2 heroes out of a fight. I mean, getting aghs would mean you prioritize doom so you're most likely trying to head for a refresher orb. I had a game yesterday against a mirana and a void, along with three supports (sk, abad, lich). I usually build a tanky doom, but in that game it really seemed to be beneficial to doom 2 heroes during a fight (I mean of course it's beneficial, but it seemed necessary because it would tip the teamfight heavily towards our favor). If you're getting aghs, makes sure there are other damage dealers in your team and remember that your armor won't be too high if you go for aghs first. And probably, aghs becomes an option when it's closer to late game and the enemies are tanky enough to survive a doom because they're too tanky or they have heal sustain in a fight. Ultimately, I think it all depends on how much impact that opponent is creating, and if you also feel it would be that great of a difference-maker to build an aghs.
    Last edited by ptrck; April 30th, 2014 at 04:07 AM.

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    no ahgs is almost totally worthless

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    doom is brkoen because of the wolf aura

a 2x crit and 20% base damage is fucking insane as a 5th ability slot, it's absolutely fucking absurd and i think nerfing that aura or crit would keep doom in line. i mean ideally u would see dooms taking cent stun if they're playing a more support role but in reality the crit/aura is so fucking good u should take it almost no matter hwat

ya I get where you're coming from. it's just I guess when I was playing that game. I realized how their heroes were more.. jump-in-to-do-shit.. after you leap with mirana and timewalk with void really. If you get doomed, it's pretty much suicide. But like you said pack leader aura is really imba. it's like having venge on your team. Not to mention many get vlads on doom when stacking aura

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Steam ID
    maara5
    aghs isnt even that bad

it gives you like 700 damage bonus minimum

Unstoppable
    ur dumb lmao
    also vlads rush when jungling i have a 4-0 record with, aura doom is fucking legit, u go vlads phase bracer/vit booster into ac/shivas + bkb or w/e, you doom one, hit antoher, win the fi´ghts, push fast, and yeah. any1 who doesnt get alpha wolf aura on doom deserves to be euthanized
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite654 View Post
    he can solo like any hero really fucking easily by buying tranquil boots in safelane

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    Quote Originally Posted by maarakaan View Post
    aghs isnt even that bad

it gives you like 700 damage bonus minimum
    not really. most of the time doomed targets don't last the full duration, they die cause they're fucking doomed and can't do anything. 13 seconds or whatever is enough, building items that improve your hero in other ways is a lot more attractive.

Unstoppable
    plus us have to follow him arround for it to be full dmg, there is no situation aghs is ever good.
    any1 buying aghs is sub human imo
    he can solo like any hero really fucking easily by buying tranquil boots in safelane

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    Aghs is a massive waste of gold and item slot

There's the "support" mana boots mek blink Shiva centaur stomp build

Then theres like various damage/carry builds with wolf aura and shit that are probably more up to personal preference or whatever

Enjoyable hero tho
    ask me about indigo children

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    When I'm on the mountain (Kilimanjaro) They call me Meme Master
    If ur considering aghs refresher is better

Steam ID
    FelonyGoD
    reminder that I'm the shit at this hero and kzz is right on all accounts and aghs is so fucking bad on this hero never get it

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    Shoutout to you

You go Felony
    ask me about indigo children

Unstoppable
    i used to think i was the shit on doom, after going 7-0 in ranked with him, turns out my dotabuff winrate is below 40%, wtf man, past me was really bad at playing doom.

Unstoppable
    also refresher got better stats than aghs apart from the raw hp.

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    if you need to do damage and you can get it before 20 minutes radiance +1 vanguard/drums/mek/blademail is solid. I see a lotta dooms (tc) try to carry and do no damage. this isn't the hero you want to pick as a carry if you lose the lanes tho

i like dooms that are just a walking arua with support items. his ult seems more supporty to me anyway.
    CarSoN: confirmed swirely taker at MLG and emo.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast