Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lycan

Lycan

Discuss all things pertaining to Lycan here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Lycanthrope
    I can't follow signature rules

Wicked Sick
    I notice that most people even at decent mmr are so inefficient at farming with this hero, you will see people just lasthitting and a-clicking in a lane
    I mean even if you suck at microing you can shift queue a-click jungle camps with your hero while lasthitting on a lane with wolves

Yes you should push as much as possible with this hero but there are many times where this is a lot better and you will actually get so much more gold and since this hero is so broken its better to just get a sick timing on some core items with efficient farming and then try to end the game instead of being brainafk and a-clicking a lane whenever you can

M-M-M-Monster Kill FROs Big Black Veiny Co's Avatar
    Steam ID
    fromatoe
    Shadow blade is fun
    Probably shit tho

Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:79599092
    shadow blades fun on anything though

Shadow blade made dota fun and then they go and nerf it. WHy not just make shadow blade make the game crash and your cpu overheat when bought on furion and call it good

Holy Shit
    i usually solo farm the jungle while getting last hits + denies in lane with wolves when i play lycan, it's easier to do that way, you can just shift command yourself through the jungle and actually be able to clear it all, if you do it with the wolves they'll just die

this way is easier and probably gives you just as much exp and more farm as you can spend all your attention getting every last hit in the lane with the wolves
    follow @122_Gaming

Wicked Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    i usually solo farm the jungle while getting last hits + denies in lane with wolves when i play lycan, it's easier to do that way, you can just shift command yourself through the jungle and actually be able to clear it all, if you do it with the wolves they'll just die

this way is easier and probably gives you just as much exp and more farm as you can spend all your attention getting every last hit in the lane with the wolves
    exactly thats what i intended to describe, its just painful to watch people being so inefficient with a lot of heroes

isnt this hero really good against all these meta heroes this patch?
    CarSoN: confirmed swirely taker at MLG and emo.

Steam ID
    FROFRO
    I mean, I dont play this hero too often so I'm definitely not the master but it seems this hero is only good for rosh and split push, and even that is whatever. Like what does he even do with aegis?

His kit seems lacking, anything that isnt zoo aura seems to be terrible. His mana pool is awful. He can't lane for shit.

Like if I wanted to make someone disappear with one hit, I'd pick ta. If I want to rat/rosh, Id pick prophet or something. I want to carry and give people damage, luna...I guess.

I don't know, I feel like I sound retarded but whenever I try playing this hero I just end up trying to fight and people just stun me and I disappear. Then I get a bkb and they kill my teammates and I dont know.

Steam ID
    FROFRO
    Just give him enough mana so he can use shadowblade or blademail or something and he'll be dope.

make lycan phase too
    Last edited by Chief Keef; November 16th, 2015 at 05:05 PM.

he fucks on almost everyone with treads medallion vlads necro 3 and works well in fights with it too, just sucks to be focused on

scouts with wolves too
    Last edited by divine; November 17th, 2015 at 06:36 AM.
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.
    gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    this is a kill their barracks while they're not looking kind of hero

it's probably super hard to win games if you're the only carry but if you have another hero that scales well into late you can force the other team off pushes by threatening their buildings while your teammates get bigger
    ask me about indigo children

Steam ID
    CALL SEAN HANNITY
    Did this hero get nerfed or buffed this patch I can't tell. It kinda feels like Lycan got nerfed because of crit loss on wolves. That being said his damage output during shapeshift with necrobook crits is fucking ABSURD.

Do the new jungle changes/items allow him to jungle from level one?
    Quote Originally Posted by canada's nightmare View Post
    ?? The US healthcare system is the best in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendi View Post
    you can 3d print ARs. Are you going to ban 3d printers as well?

Beyond Grantlike
    probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralf View Post
    i genuinely wish death upon this person

Beyond Grantlike
    i wonder if u go manta now on lycan
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralf View Post
    i genuinely wish death upon this person

Steam ID
    CALL SEAN HANNITY
    What for illu crit? Or just more split push

Steam ID
    I_am_hoban
    His crit gives illusions 34% increased damage so instead of 2 illusions doing 66% damage they are doing 87% of lycans damage per second. That's pretty amazing actually. Against towers illusions deal 25% less damage so you're doing an additional 65% of your DPS with ult on and 50% without.

So the buildup would be boots vlads necro3 manta AC slotting in BKB/Abyssal if the game requires it.

I think I need to do some math on AC to see if it gives better DPS.
    I'm part of CGNY and we host monthly NYC lans - lanhattan.com

Steam ID
    I_am_hoban
    Yea manta seems pretty legit now. You should get it before AC. Good call casandra.

Holy Shit
    He got buffed I THINK based on playing him just once. Damage output is higher on a single target during ult, people melt

Steam ID
    I_am_hoban
    Fuck I totally forgot to include Feral Impulse and Howl into damage calculations for manta. Yea Manta seems like a very strong item for him.

I'm really excited to get home and play this hero. Anyone have experience jungling him this patch? How fast is he?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast