Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Undying

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    i max q for days
    ask me about indigo children

What items are you guys picking up for late game? I have played this hero several times and in the laning phase, shortly after that I'm gucci. He drops off BIG TIME. Like someone said previously, bkbs work well against this hero. What are you guys picking up late to keep him an impact?

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    hex, shiva's, blade mail

he doesn't really fall off that hard lategame, his ult remains really strong and zombies are annoying in long fights (although tomb dies fast obviously)

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    that's assuming u have items.

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    JabanoGavno
    arc urn vg/mek shivas/hex/blademail
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    he's got to be killed, it's really that simple.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Steam ID
    maara5
    if the undying stays alive int he teamfight for a decent while chances are all your teams dead even in the mid-late game

Zombies are too easily countered by AoE physical picks like Gyro, Kunkka, Slardar etc early and late game.

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    can u keep ur spiel int he tournament forum

Holy Shit
    zombies dont give gold or xp anymore

Yeah he doesn't fall off late

I'll have to look back and see if they did have a lot of AOE spells. It was only after about 5 games or playing him or so. I was just getting taken out quickly.

Holy Shit
    Build whatever you are going to need to survive the fight. Some games that will mean mek into ghost scepter. Some games hood, pipe, shivas.

I never enjoy item discussions for dirge because it's always situational and you need to figure out what to get that allows you to remain alive and spamming decays and heals while keeping your massive damage amp on the enemy team.

Ive gotten a hex + necro 3 on him before and I've also had games where I need to make strength treads, 2 bracers, wand, and casual cloak because I need the raw hp to live through the initial burst damage.

He's a hard hero to lose with really. Such a dominant force throughout the game that unless you are behind a lot most enemy compositions can't ever take a teamfight against you if you build appropriately.

I mean if you have no items any hero falls off late

If you keep up just decaying people on the short cd with plenty mana and your ulti and all your spells are strong

in my experience, lot of people put the tombstone in a vulnerable spot, you wanna put it somewhere they'll be exposed if they try to focus it while still spawning zombies on the fight

Holy Shit
    Dirge is incredibly good now. Should be played as a core in aggro trilanes... better than visage in tri vs tri potentially

I think he's good enough to dual lane versus a trilane, with a ranged hero like dazzle, necrolyte or witch doctor (lich can also work). Soul rip is quite strong even at level 1, so the lane pairing him with another healing hero is essentially a dual heals. Initiating on the range hero with totem, decay and heals is very perilous for the trilane.

the main issue with this hero is that the laning for it is generally quite predictable. if you draft it, you need to find a way to win the game with undying even if they dodge trilanes.

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyNine View Post
    the main issue with this hero is that the laning for it is generally quite predictable. if you draft it, you need to find a way to win the game with undying even if they dodge trilanes.
    Yup. The way I've been doing it is something like this: draft it first picking phase, and its ok to blatantly show your hand that you intend to run a leshrac, rubik, dirge aggro tri with dirge farming.

If they tri vs tri they get raped to high hell. But what happens is they will often dodge and send a clock, weaver, or timber to face what they think is the trilane. This is where you just win... just rotate the dirge to 2v3 in the safe lane and lesh + rubik rapes every solo they try to throw. Skill lesh 1-2-2 or 1-1-3. You get kills and tower

if you are drafting a dirge you need to have an aggro tri in mind but also a safe lane solo that you know could dual lane with dirge and beat a trilane. Necro, viper, and weaver all come to mind because they are strong 1v1 but paired with a dirge in the radiant safelane can 2v3 almost any trilane. Radiant side is better to pick dirge because if they aggro they can't do any pulls, unlike radiant offlane.
    Last edited by FRFM; May 9th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.

I think I've won 1v3 lanes with this hero before

ya ive seen merlini win 1v3s before with two points decay two points rip and just really smart use of rip nuke/heal

Yeah that's how to do it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast