Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Magnus

fuck iron talon

alright i did ur build casey and i think its pretty fun and a change of pace from the regular 3-1-1-1 build.

though im stil unsure the point of it, i just did random stuff and it worked out. what am i supposed to be doing besides rotating early? also this build has low kill potential it feel slike.

And im sure you get blink before force unless ur vs a riki or something

u just try to snipe kills once u get blink euls, i mean that setup is more reliable/better than lasso in some scenarios because u can skewer them 1600 range or whatever it is instantly and alot of heroes arent prepared for that combo. i think you go shockwave mid but its justifiable to skip it in offlane since u dont have the mana regen to use it effectively anyway

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    euls range is too short for that combo to be good anymore, but it used to be

with aether lens its even better than before because u can skewer then fucking 1400 range lol, but i understand the argument that blink euls aether is alot to ask just to 'come online'

Steam ID
    hehe xd
    i wish i was good at this hero

Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    euls range is too short for that combo to be good anymore, but it used to be
    yeah i can confirm this is not true this combo is amazing

Banned
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113616143/
    If ur in the offline you should he maxing Q anyway it's too good against pulls and securing farm, hurts supports that don't fuck off and u just get a soul ring and mana boots

Banned
    Expecting to just Walk around the map getting Es off just sounds like a recipe for feed

im actually almost positive that talon + max w is way better than maxing q

Banned
    Yeah I'm not buying it until it's quadruple digits on reddit.com/r/dota2

x5 times.. lol i still have nightmares that I woke up to try out video editing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFo...SDyuqT89&index

Dominating
    I tried your build Casey and it felt really good. I never felt like I could get the farm I needed in the offlane. But with Empower + Iron Talon it's super easy. The only time I even kind of wanted Shockwave was when an enemy support rushed Ghost Scepter.

In recent patches it has felt like you need to run Magnus mid to get a good Blink timing. But, if you do that, you need a pretty solid carry player because your job is essentially to Empower and get good RP's / Skewer pickoffs rather than DPS. I suppose you can still build DPS, but I've always been in favor of the s4 style build (i.e. Boots, Blink, BKB, Vlads, AC, etc.)

I'm gonna play around with it a bit more. I feel like Aether wasn't as impactful as I would have liked it to be, but it is nice to have something for mana pool.

Steam ID
    Timado
    rush bottle > blink > wand > force > arcane boots > greaves/vlads or refresher rush

very innovative build there tomado

Dominating
    One thing I've found is that I can't reliably get solo pickoffs without max Shockwave. That's only really relevant if I have a full retard team that doesn't look for kills when I have Blink + RP and smoke ready, but that's still a lot of pub games.

i cant imagine how bad someone has to be to fuck up a kill when u skewer the enmy right into them... if ur trying to get solo pickoffs you've selected the wrong hero

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    yeah mag can't relaly solo people unless you're way ahead or want to rp supports

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I tried the build, I like skipping wave early game. I think it's good to get later on though versus stats, you do a decent amount of damage in team fights spamming it around, otherwise all you have it RP, melee attack, and skewer... I just feel like I'm kind of running around useless in team fights after I blow my RP/skewer because this guy can't tank hits very well, and skewer has a stupidly long CD.

For offlane, I do think that going 0-3-1 is a good build with talon/traqs while you talon down the creeps, buy double ring of regen for tranq/soulring. Do you really need more than a point in skewer? The last patch increased level 1 skewer distance so works pretty well in most situations. I maxed out shockwave after level 7, so I could still RP, skewer, and shockwave.

I got tranquil/soulring btw, but if you plan to build refresher, I think you need to get mana boots. Casey what do buy late game on this hero going the 0-4-4-1 build?
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Is the only reason you get aether to increase the range of skewer?
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast