Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Magnus

Beyond Grantlike
    fuck iron talon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralf View Post
    i genuinely wish death upon this person

alright i did ur build casey and i think its pretty fun and a change of pace from the regular 3-1-1-1 build.

though im stil unsure the point of it, i just did random stuff and it worked out. what am i supposed to be doing besides rotating early? also this build has low kill potential it feel slike.

And im sure you get blink before force unless ur vs a riki or something

Beyond Grantlike
    u just try to snipe kills once u get blink euls, i mean that setup is more reliable/better than lasso in some scenarios because u can skewer them 1600 range or whatever it is instantly and alot of heroes arent prepared for that combo. i think you go shockwave mid but its justifiable to skip it in offlane since u dont have the mana regen to use it effectively anyway

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    euls range is too short for that combo to be good anymore, but it used to be

Beyond Grantlike
    with aether lens its even better than before because u can skewer then fucking 1400 range lol, but i understand the argument that blink euls aether is alot to ask just to 'come online'

Steam ID
    the shy
    i wish i was good at this hero

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    euls range is too short for that combo to be good anymore, but it used to be
    yeah i can confirm this is not true this combo is amazing

Banned
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113616143/
    If ur in the offline you should he maxing Q anyway it's too good against pulls and securing farm, hurts supports that don't fuck off and u just get a soul ring and mana boots

Banned
    Expecting to just Walk around the map getting Es off just sounds like a recipe for feed

Beyond Grantlike
    im actually almost positive that talon + max w is way better than maxing q

Banned
    Yeah I'm not buying it until it's quadruple digits on reddit.com/r/dota2

Banned

x5 times.. lol i still have nightmares that I woke up to try out video editing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFo...SDyuqT89&index

Dominating
    I tried your build Casey and it felt really good. I never felt like I could get the farm I needed in the offlane. But with Empower + Iron Talon it's super easy. The only time I even kind of wanted Shockwave was when an enemy support rushed Ghost Scepter.

In recent patches it has felt like you need to run Magnus mid to get a good Blink timing. But, if you do that, you need a pretty solid carry player because your job is essentially to Empower and get good RP's / Skewer pickoffs rather than DPS. I suppose you can still build DPS, but I've always been in favor of the s4 style build (i.e. Boots, Blink, BKB, Vlads, AC, etc.)

I'm gonna play around with it a bit more. I feel like Aether wasn't as impactful as I would have liked it to be, but it is nice to have something for mana pool.

Steam ID
    Timado
    rush bottle > blink > wand > force > arcane boots > greaves/vlads or refresher rush

Beyond Grantlike
    very innovative build there tomado

Dominating
    One thing I've found is that I can't reliably get solo pickoffs without max Shockwave. That's only really relevant if I have a full retard team that doesn't look for kills when I have Blink + RP and smoke ready, but that's still a lot of pub games.

Beyond Grantlike
    i cant imagine how bad someone has to be to fuck up a kill when u skewer the enmy right into them... if ur trying to get solo pickoffs you've selected the wrong hero

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    yeah mag can't relaly solo people unless you're way ahead or want to rp supports

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I tried the build, I like skipping wave early game. I think it's good to get later on though versus stats, you do a decent amount of damage in team fights spamming it around, otherwise all you have it RP, melee attack, and skewer... I just feel like I'm kind of running around useless in team fights after I blow my RP/skewer because this guy can't tank hits very well, and skewer has a stupidly long CD.

For offlane, I do think that going 0-3-1 is a good build with talon/traqs while you talon down the creeps, buy double ring of regen for tranq/soulring. Do you really need more than a point in skewer? The last patch increased level 1 skewer distance so works pretty well in most situations. I maxed out shockwave after level 7, so I could still RP, skewer, and shockwave.

I got tranquil/soulring btw, but if you plan to build refresher, I think you need to get mana boots. Casey what do buy late game on this hero going the 0-4-4-1 build?
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Is the only reason you get aether to increase the range of skewer?
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast