Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gyrocopter

Steam ID
    JustEagle
    Quote Originally Posted by shootingstars View Post
    do u guys lvl ur aura past 2 or opt for stats.
    Always level your aura on skeleton king dude . . . JK yea what the fuck

i meant luna lol

Unstoppable
    ik ur dumb and no u dont
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebite654 View Post
    he can solo like any hero really fucking easily by buying tranquil boots in safelane

I think the EG vs Empire game silences the luna vs. gyro discussion eh?
    Last edited by KFC; April 20th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.
    I will show you fear in a handful of memes

Unstoppable
    uhm no it doesnt but w/e
    he can solo like any hero really fucking easily by buying tranquil boots in safelane

Can't Stump the Trump (Hi snakebite654's Avatar
    Yea it does. Luna is not a better hero than gyro. His nuke is so much better, his ultimate still does something through bkb and if people weren't so pussy they'd get rapier more and win games.

And if you never done gyro safe / mid you're missing out this guy

ive been playing this hero in pubs lately and he's great.

1. he's great in any safelane solo matchup 1v1 or 1v3. melee? max rocket barrage. range? max missile. 3 heroes? max flak cannon and stay the fuck back with his high ms
    2. he's good at punishing dumb ass dives and cheesy push strats
    3. he can stack ancients and clear them and usually the other team does not do anything to stop them. 9 minute helm of dom pays for itself by 20 minutes+exp
    4. strong hero to punish chokepoints like rosh

his only weakness is against single target right click carries but if you're good you outfarm them so hard they get raped anyways and the most common pub picks are ownage against single target (doom, bloodseeker, pa, tinker)

im ass with this hero, but lately i;ve been wreking

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    luna has a few main strengths. her aura and long range on moon beam makes it so annoying to lane vs her. her supports get a ton of bonus damage and she can assist them from really far away with a moon beam.

her aura is really really strong for early towers and midgame pushing. giving 5 heroes +30 damage or whatever is pretty nuts.

her last strength is when u push into the enemy base her glaives bounce off towers onto heroes and do a fuckton of damage. when the tower dies they bounce between raxxes and huts and onto heroes and it's fucking annoying as fuck when luna's hitting u from 800 away.

gyro's a really different hero and i think they get compared because of low attack range and aoe attack abilities when they really aren;t too similar.

gyro often gets built to kill the entire enemy team with flak which is something luna can't really hope to do in a real game.

gyro is going to do a lot more damage than luna in teamfights minus getting a really amazing eclipse away from minions/creeps.

gyro is good in lane too, but he's easier to lane against since he has to get right on top of u to kill u. he also lacks luna's ability to take towers really easily although he is a good teamfighting carry after 6 for obvious reason.

Holy Shit
    I never know how to skill gyro.

Is the 1-0-4 + stats build outdated? Do you max barrage? Do you max missile ever?

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    Quote Originally Posted by FRFM View Post
    I never know how to skill gyro.

Is the 1-0-4 + stats build outdated? Do you max barrage? Do you max missile ever?
    it's all about your lane. afk farming or tri v tri? Flak. against melee heroes or 2/3v1 barrage. missile is really good 1v1 but i never put more than 2 points into it

people sleep on the cooldown reduction of rocket barrage. i generally always max it by 10, usually by 7.

Dominating
    Steam ID
    ibaldeagle
    I agree with everything KZZ said. I think the main benefit of Gyro is that he does better solo, or in a assisted solo(where you give him like 2-4 minutes of free farm and let him be.) Luna does ok depending on the offlaner, but Gyro is better against most offlaners, mainly clockwerk.

I think this hero is underused in pro play though. Also max Rocket Barrage is almost always the correct play IMO.

He's not a bad mid hero at all either, if you wanna get homing and flak and use bottle it's really annoying

i really think his natural position is in a solo lane. he does alot in teamfights with levels/farm and he's not quite reliable enough as a carry in the current meta to have him solo carry late. running gyrocopter with pa mid and a few disably supports/initiators sounds good

So uh I feel like Aghanims is really underutilized and under-appreciated on this hero. Since the cool down on calldown is really short at 55/50/45 seconds it is pretty spam-able allowing you to split push other lanes or stop other players from split pushing since it will destroy an entire creepwave.

Unstoppable
    It doesnt

Aghs only prevents one wave/lane from pushing which is something you don't need the item to accomplish. Also by the time your base is breached you have one less item to benefit flak and most likely one less spell. It's shitty playing from behind and useless otherwise. Euls gyro tier.

Quote Originally Posted by AiRHoGS View Post
    So uh I feel like Aghanims is really underutilized and under-appreciated on this hero. Since the cool down on calldown is really short at 55/50/45 seconds it is pretty spam-able allowing you to split push other lanes or stop other players from split pushing since it will destroy an entire creepwave.
    you're better off trying to transition into a carry if you aren't already and agh is a waste of an item slot in those situations

the agh upgrade also doesn't help you win team fights, so you'll be paying 4k for an item that allows you to push out creep waves..

Aghs only prevents one wave/lane from pushing which is something you don't need the item to accomplish. Also by the time your base is breached you have one less item to benefit flak and most likely one less spell. It's shitty playing from behind and useless otherwise. Euls gyro tier.
    euls is pretty good if you are the support and can build it early, agh is gyro is bad because you should be building as a carry at that point
    Last edited by Sharpnessism; October 30th, 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast