Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Medusa

Medusa

Discuss all things pertaining to Medusa here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Medusa

Holy Shit
    I need help figuring out when I could draft Medusa and have it be good. My friends always want me to draft her and will text me things like ”dusa + dirge = you win any teamfight with dusa ult + zombies”

And then I text back, ” what if they just run away and fight somewhere else”. Anyways I would love some help figuring out:

A) who is she good against? Both in lane and overall game.
    B) who else do you want in the lineup if ur running a dusa?
    C) how to build her

All ive come up with so far is that magnus seems like a fantastic partner with her in a lineup cause fights you can force with RP even if you are just grabbing 1-2 heroes in the RP dusa can just follow up with ult, forcing the remaining enemy heroes to bail on their friends that just got RP + skewered or else take a dusa ult in the face.

Steam ID
    hugefaglord
    i played medusa once against an omni and i wanted to fucking kill myself

hed just ult when i ulted and their team DOESNT TAKE ANY DAMAGE

Holy Shit
    Hahaha thats shitty. I'm more interested in heroes she's good against as opposed to heroes she's bad against.

i think medusas awful. maybe if you have a single core lineup and they got a single core lineup and their cores a melee you win eventually. linkens is bad; i think you go treads drums manta > skadi/bfly/rapier/crit depending on game

Steam ID
    Frozen
    Does anyone really remember the qb jungle farm. This heroes legit imo.

Steam ID
    STEAM_0:0:4146127
    I think this hero is actually a legit pick right now. She poops on illusion carries and BKB heroes alike. She's pretty much impossible to gank without 3+ heroes since mana shield gives her Nightstalker EHP without items and retarded EHP with. Eventually split shot is a 400% damage steroid.

Mjollnir is also pretty legit now since the change to make the lightning global. Bloodstone, Blink, and Refresher are also really good.
    I write guides for newbs come flame them. Terrorblade, Medusa, Spectre, Siren, Dragon Knight, Sniper, Disruptor, Void, PA.

Holy Shit
    Refresher as a third or fourth item would allow you 14 seconds to wail on the enemies raxes and does sound quite legit.

If I can come up with some 1v1 safe lane matchups that she's heavily favored in then I might try and run her with a magnus mid and an aggro trilane. common offlaners that she beats = ?

Holy Shit
    Can't think of anyone... Clock, weaver, timber, NP all would shit on her imo. Guess she needs a dual lane at least

Beyond Grantlike
    isnt elder titan a better hero to pick against illusion heroes and just picking a carry who isnt medusa

Holy Shit
    Its not hard to make an argument against picking Medusa.

If someone is like: ”what situations could/should you pick Medusa?” And then someone replies ”the correct situation would be... Just don't pick Medusa.”

Well I think that person should get banned hi max_

Steam ID
    colorblind93
    Dusa mid is legit

I think a blink on dusa would be dope play her as a secondary carry like a furion kinda but more of a meatshield

the blink is amazing cause you can get in position for a really good ulti and her ulties kinda amazing

she can always transition into a hard lategame carry too cause splitshot is a pretty decent farm tool later on

Also if you hit a big snake and its at lvl 3+ then itl take em down to half hp
    Last edited by FuzzyBear; February 26th, 2014 at 02:41 PM.

Beyond Grantlike
    well someone presented the argument that medusa is really good against illusion heroes but illusions carries also commonly focus on stat-based items and ET circumvents their armor from stats completely with his aura and in that situation a Medusa is great as the combo with ET and Medusa is strong but there are other carries that I feel lane better in the early game where medusa can still have problems

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by FRFM View Post
    I need help figuring out when I could draft Medusa and have it be good. My friends always want me to draft her and will text me things like ”dusa + dirge = you win any teamfight with dusa ult + zombies”

And then I text back, ” what if they just run away and fight somewhere else”. Anyways I would love some help figuring out:

C) how to build her

All ive come up with so far is that magnus seems like a fantastic partner with her in a lineup cause fights you can force with RP even if you are just grabbing 1-2 heroes in the RP dusa can just follow up with ult, forcing the remaining enemy heroes to bail on their friends that just got RP + skewered or else take a dusa ult in the face.

Holy Shit
    Help

SUCKS A LOT

Steam ID
    Frozen
    No it does not.

Steam ID

C) how to build her

Ok I'm 5.4K and have like 300+ Dusa games including D1 and I wrote a Dusa guide a while ago.

Uhhh I would never pick this hero unless it's to counter someone. Also don't pick her before 0:00 or someone will go AM or Void. Here are the heroes I pick her against: Sven, LS, Naga, PL, CK, TB. Illusion reliant or BKB reliant melee carry.
    She's also ownage vs. "burst" mids that don't have tons of sustained damage without items like Storm/QoP -- they simply can't kill her without 2+ friends once she has maxed mana shield. Mids like Zues or DP are good examples of sustained damage without items.

I also like her vs. most Manta builders like Luna/Morph.

I would never pick her against: Kotl, any melee carry that has or buys a gapcloser and can build basher (Riki, Ursa, Slark, AM, Void). Nyx is also a warning sign.

I normally focus on counterpicking their 1-2 heroes but she also is really good vs. Doom since she doesn't really care she just keeps clicking people. She's actually not that bad vs. Bristle, WR, or Timber 1v1. You have like a 30% chance of not dying in those lanes 1v1. You're a 600 range hero so you're not worthless in a 2/3v1 either. Don't pick her vs. bear or weaver or clinkz or clock offlane -- you'll just die even with supports. She's actually OK vs. dual melee trilanes since she's ranged and snake works best in crowds.

She's a teamfight carry. I think I like her best with Enigma or Tide where you can just ult after they ult and you don't waste much magic damage since most of it comes out right after they ult. Clock, Timber, and Tide are my favorite offlanes with her. Clinkz/Weaver/Bristle/Phoenix can work as well. Your mid doesn't really matter as long as they're not a SF or OD or something though if you make it to lategame with one of those and Dusa you win. Magnus is pretty good. She's also really good with Ogre ES or Omni since you have an excuse to run a melee support for once. I hear theorycraft that she's good with physical damage like WD/DP.

Items: This hero is really really tanky with just level 11 but she gets stupid with 1-2 items. Read my guide for specific suggestions but most things work. Blink is underrated. Don't build 4 tanking items get one bulk item (Ulti orb works fine, Linkens/SB/BS are options) then you need damage.

I will say that I hate Manta. She has 2.5 stat gain -- damage items like Abyssal or Rapier are much better unless you want Manta for the split. I also think Bloodstone/Soul Booster or an ultimate orb and perseverance towards refresher are often more valuable than Linken's. Mjollnir is amazing even if it doesn't work with gaze.

I think ranged basher is really underrated. 3000 gold for 40 damage, bash, and 120 HP. Demon edge is 46 damage for 2400 gold but it doesn't come in parts. Plus the hidden sacred relic in abyssal gives you an easy rapier if things go bad.
    Last edited by Sp12; February 27th, 2014 at 08:00 PM.
    I write guides for newbs come flame them. Terrorblade, Medusa, Spectre, Siren, Dragon Knight, Sniper, Disruptor, Void, PA.

Holy Shit
    Awesome thanks man. Where's this guide?

Steam ID
    Awesome thanks man. Where's this guide?
    Sig link.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast