Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enigma

Enigma

Discuss all things pertaining to Enigma here.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Enigma

I need help. I never played enigma much tbh, and I'm struggling with jungling at certain points. I know you can just use the three camps. I can work with the large, and two medium camps fine on dire, EXCEPT when these guys spawn as the first spawn.

My eidolons die really quick. Is there a certain creep I can focus to kill them quicker? I tried all three, but by the time the skeletons come out, all of my shit is dead. Should I just rotate to the medium camp first if those guys spawn, then hit the large camp after? If I do that then I can kill the medium camp before the 1min mark, start working on the hard camp with double the eidolons. At that point I just have to hope I don't get Troll camp to spawn again or I rotate to the medium camp. Does this sound right? I just want to make sure I can do this as efficiently as possible.

I also saw someone kill rosh at level 5 in a game before. I think he went medallion and had a couple salves. I mean, I know its really good solo XP and gold for everyone, but the thing is that the engima bought a medalion (which isn't a terrible pickup imo), and two salves, plus a smoke to get into there. Is this viable to do if your lanes are already struggling and you're level five? For example that the score is already maybe 0-3 in the other teams favor. I just don't know if the trade off is worth it because you could be working on your mek and then trying to gank a lane and possibly push down a tower.

I don't even know if this is a strategy thread or advice thread anymore.
    Last edited by Tiiy; May 9th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Holy Shit
    Ill explain the troll camps for you bud.

You want to attack the big guy and aggro them out a bit. Then use conversion. Sometimes this alone is enough to prevent him from spawning skeletons. However if he still does, just back everything up, because the skeletons chase you way further and don't run back to camp, so just kill them, then by then you'll bee closer to splitting, and kill the rest.

The main thing is just never losing an eidolon. If you lose one that's 33% of your summon damage. I don't even lose any after they split. It gets really easy the more you play it. Learn to use the leash range of the neutrals to get free hits in.

As for the rosh I'm not sure if it's worth it but it's fun. Ive done it probably 25 times in mm games and always get the rosh but not always the win. It's really fun to have a 6 minute level 7, buckler boots medallion basi aegis and just smash down lanes

I'll have to work on making sure I can get through the troll camp. As for Rosh, maybe I'll give it a shot once I've nailed him down in the normal jungle. I just never played the hero much. Thank you for explaining it to me. Do you prefer to go ring of basilius or soul ring?

Steam ID
    wisdom9
    just ignmore the camp and comeback with 6 eidolons, u dont need to theorycraft

:beaten:

Steam ID
    wisdom9
    nvmfuck that lol

:beaten:

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiiy View Post
    I'll have to work on making sure I can get through the troll camp. As for Rosh, maybe I'll give it a shot once I've nailed him down in the normal jungle. I just never played the hero much. Thank you for explaining it to me. Do you prefer to go ring of basilius or soul ring?
    Fastest early rosh is with basi, medallion, smoke salve GO.

Better build is soul ring into mek or soul ring into blink

That's what I was thinking was soul ring into mek for mm right now. Neato.

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    When you get 6 use your first bhole to kill a lane and get a tower also
    ask me about indigo children

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    You don't need aegis that seems mega durdle-y
    ask me about indigo children

what's weird is that depending where u spawn eidolons the troll wont spawn skellies (i'm pretty sure). it might be if you aggro him out of his camp and then u use ur spell on the little troll...idk tho... it's always faster to kill the hard camp and move to the medium camp and more cost effeicient. dont be afraid to tank the neuts and always reaggro ur eidolons.

at min 5 i tried rosh without RoB and i failed pretty much. no salves either. i started

courier + sage mask + 3 clarities (althouhg you only need one...better for salve + clarity) > soul ring > medallion smoke. it was probably mis-micro but it's probably possible to do it by min 6 and i was level 6 at the time I was doing it and went into the pit around ~5:00 min.

Mega Kill
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:300504
    In other words, for level one eidolons, you need to pull the hard camp around 3/4 its leash range before you summon eidolons. That way the neutrals are returning to their spawn point instead of attacking your guys.

Enigma is my go to repick hero

turbo jungle, kill sidelanes, get blink/mek, win game.
    I will show you fear in a handful of memes

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    When you get 6 use your first bhole to kill a lane and get a tower also
    yes

dont bank on the first hole, there won't be large scale fights and you can't be guaranteed to pull a good one without blink which shouldn't be rushed over mek in most cases, a kill with it in a lane is a free tower or at least a good chunk of hp off of it before people respond (they can't even stop you most times)

the easiest way to get the game rolling with this hero is fast sr mek, get as many tier 1s, when it's night just focus on farming towards blink or taking rosh (not alone) and then start taking fights

if you want to lose your team the game then you can use your jungle gold to get a midas (preferably before boots as well)

M-M-M-Monster Kill FROs Big Black Veiny Co's Avatar
    Steam ID
    fromatoe
    PROS: aghs rapes axe, bristle, and cent

CONS: Your lanes will get shit on

Dominating
    Soul Ring > Mek > Blink > BoTs > Octarine

Get Greaves/Arcane, BKB, Glimmer if/when necessary. Refresher and Aghs good late game.

Holy Shit
    Yea but it's hard to play this hero when there's a bounty hunter on the enemy team every game tbh

Dominating
    I don't think it is awful, but it is definitely annoying and slows you down. Start with Sents/Dust instead of getting Obs. Then at level 2, get your stun instead of pulse. You can also start at the offlane camp or start by pulling. If you hit level 3 quickly, you can often kill the BH with dust or waiting until hes deep in sent range.

Beyond Grantlike
    anyone else go iron talon arcanes
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonettahasnoass View Post
    nice sunglasses and suit, why dont u wear a fedora to complete the process fucking retard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast