Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Invoker

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    maxing q in q/e is obviously really good if your team needs heavy disables instead of more damage, even better if youre going blink/force staff but i wouldnt recommend it if you cant rely on your teammates to do the damage. i dont like midas but people own with it so whatever works for you

Holy Shit
    how about the fact that playing wex is boring as fuck and makes u want to harm yourself where exort is fun and u get to like micro spirits to lasthit while ur healing hit weedstrikes and drop meteors on people and watch them die then hit refresher and drop another one on their corpse
    follow @122_Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    hey invoker players

this is the build I go because it's fun but I definitely don't have mastery of the hero

QRQEEQEEQWR then it sort of depends, I go max E / max R / then put points into W until it's maxed (so staying on 4 Q the entire time)

was wondering if I should be putting points into Q (because it makes coldsnap better or something?) or if the max W with only 4 in Q is legit

items wise it's boots -> midas -> blink -> travels -> force -> then whatever

frequently I buy a euls for zoom zoom purposes

heros fun cause I feel like a wizard
    I've never believed in midas on invoker unless you are shitting on mid and/or getting SS ks's. Blink is situationally good but I don't think it is worth picking up that early because euls is way too important to not get as a priority. The skill build you use is definitely fine. I tend to go for extra levels of quas after my wex is 3-4 depending on how badly I need the HP or how badly I need extra slow from icewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    how about the fact that playing wex is boring as fuck and makes u want to harm yourself where exort is fun and u get to like micro spirits to lasthit while ur healing hit weedstrikes and drop meteors on people and watch them die then hit refresher and drop another one on their corpse
    I always thought that WQ invoker was more fun until they nerfed it into the ground. Remember when emp hit through nado? Lmao now reddit wants emp to scale based on distance from the center, wish they'd skill up or fuck off.
    Last edited by OnTheEighthDay; April 11th, 2014 at 12:23 PM.

Steam ID
    FelonyGoD
    For E/Q I go EREQ then max E over Q and one W after 4/4 EQ then max E, 2 more points on R, then max W

Items vary widely. But I mostly either go treads force necro sheep or midas euls blink aghs

xCoM
    Last edited by xCoM; August 31st, 2016 at 01:19 AM.

Holy Shit
    as soon as I can play again i wanna try a wex exort build on my shit account i think it can actually be good.

you'd use alacrity as your main spell early, I think the cooldown + manacost is low enough to spam it like that. you'd basically use lv 1 coldsnaps + alacritys + sunstrikes until you got strong enough. really the strenght would be your super early strong meteor + blast combo so it would only make sense if you're running like a carry naga or offlane mag or darkseer or disruptor support or whatever but since those things are so common i think it could rape. i mean really' you'd just be staying ur lane lasthitting since they prolly cannot stay in lane vs coldsnap+alacrity spam and so you just freefarm and try to rush some important item and have teammates who can survive on their own + carry a tpscroll to tp and drop countergank meteors
    follow @122_Gaming

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    wexort's strong you're just really easy to gank

Quote Originally Posted by Felony View Post
    For E/Q I go EREQ then max E over Q and one W after 4/4 EQ then max E, 2 more points on R, then max W

Items vary widely. But I mostly either go treads force necro sheep or midas euls blink aghs
    I like ERE for strong last hitting heroes, I like ERQ for forge spirit zoning against really annoying heroes, and QRE for melee heroes. Having snap at 2 is super annoying and gives you the choice of going into EQ or WQ as needed.

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheEighthDay View Post
    Snap used to get purged off by nado, now it procs a snap when the hero falls. If used properly you can essentially stunlock someone into an emp for easier solo kills.
    I usually just approach fights with emp + snap invoked and drop emp/snap then invoke tornado and wait to use it to secure kills, Chase, or defensively if the fights going poorly. If your team needs nado first top initiate then start with that of course, but often they are going to be throwing stuns and you don't want to be using nado and fucking up a ravage or something.

I guess what ur saying is cold snap + nado a target then EMP and snap will proc upon landing, making sure EMP hits. Sounds like its better than my methods for solo killing, also better against blinkers... didn't know that snap proc'd upon nado landing, so thanks man. First thing I've learned from this thread

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Legato's Avatar
    bloodseekers such a legit teammate to have on E invoker
    ask me about indigo children

Holy Shit
    except when he's one of those bloodseekers
    follow @122_Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
    except when he's one of those bloodseekers
    force staff dagon?

Holy Shit
    no i meant hte kind going 0-5 with huskar and axe in his top3
    follow @122_Gaming

Dominating
    Steam ID
    ryceboi637
    For eq invoker. I go eqre skillbuikd but I saw s4do some ere. And Wendi go qre. What am I doing wrong boys.
    <7:44:45 PM> Flyingpants: canihascookie i have fps issues
    <7:43:19 PM> Flyingpants: qop doesn't scale out of control
    <7:43:35 PM> Flyingpants: dont pick squishes and then qop can't burst em
    <7:45:02 PM> Flyingpants: sd is awful and there is a reason why u dont see pro's picking him anymore

<7:54:56 PM> Flyingpants: go suck a dick you fucking homo

M-M-M-Monster Kill FROs Big Black Veiny Co's Avatar
    Steam ID
    fromatoe
    I think you have to press your space button and fix your keys if you want people to understand what you're trying to type

i certainly dont know what that means

Quote Originally Posted by CanIHasCookie View Post
    For exort-quas Invoker. I go Exort->Quas->Invoke->Exort skillbuild but I saw s4 do Exort->Invoker->Exort. And Dendi go Quas->Invoke->Exort. What am I doing wrong boys.

Steam ID
    JustEagle
    Pub invokers are almost as annoying to me as pub miranas (arrow/leap maxing retards who miss every arrow). People use EMP too much, and rushing orchid trying to be clinkz loses you the game against good players. People AFK farm their orchid for 20 minutes and they've already missed QW invoker's best timing window to go do shit. Pros buy things ilke force staffs and drums, also necro is not an exort build special guys, it can be built on Q/W invoker as well . . .

People play QE invoker again in comp because it's proven to be a much less risky strategy to have your strategy to be hitting towers when heroes are not present (spirits and necro). Plus if you get a nice setup hero for sunstrikes, such as WK or Shadow Demon, he has insane map presence which takes minimal skill/communication.

Dominating
    Steam ID
    ryceboi637
    i meant like skillbuild for exort invokers
    <7:44:45 PM> Flyingpants: canihascookie i have fps issues
    <7:43:19 PM> Flyingpants: qop doesn't scale out of control
    <7:43:35 PM> Flyingpants: dont pick squishes and then qop can't burst em
    <7:45:02 PM> Flyingpants: sd is awful and there is a reason why u dont see pro's picking him anymore

<7:54:56 PM> Flyingpants: go suck a dick you fucking homo

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast