Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GG

Wongs

GG

Alright as I said in the tournament thread im just kind of typing down my thoughts surrounding this series, which is helpful for me while it gives u guys some insight. Although I don't intend for this to be all fluffnstuffy im really just pressing keys and im completely ok with this loss.
    Hope U enjoy ;d

Game one

Starting off game 1 the enchantress pick kind of caught us off guard + it prevents you from building book on lycan hence the desolator purchase. As we begun we invested in a smoke that yielded nothing, which obviously set us back. Following that, batrider got an invis rune that I should've guarded, which led to him getting complete lane control after he pulled the wave, something that is very difficult to deal with if you don't anticipate it. After bat got lvl 2 I think our support duo was too weak to be able to control him, so bot lane was kind of lost.
    Stuff happened, their top lane went really well and in hindsight, putting a single offlaner versus wisp + whatever was probably a mistake, that shits too hard and the enchantress ganks only made it harder. Following the laning phase we got to the disastrous mid engagement, Yikes. After that we had another mid engagement where i hesitated on my stun (I wanted to stun both the relocate targets + the astral'd kunkka but they were out of sync (astral 1 more second)) so I didn't stun anything and just fed, then we lost more heroes.
    After the two engagements we were behind and playing against a good team with batrider + wisp is annoyingly difficult, and suddenly trying to get anything done was seemingly impossible. We tried smoke ganking several times and got some good kills out of it, but lost one or two heroes for every kill we got, so it didn't yield the results we wanted it to. Moving around the map was hard, and we had a very difficult finding kills with hook + grip + vendetta, I think those kind of heroes are hard to execute when you're fighting from behind, especially since our burst was very limited, and it was very scary going for ganks when they had a wisp available and your burst just isn't fast enough to get one kill and then escaping, all in time before the cavalry that is wisp + tiny, arrives.

All in all game 1 was filled with some mechanical mistakes, and we had a difficult time forcing engagements against a wisp that was very well executed.

Game two

This game started out well, we got our wards down bottom and had a good gameplan, but I think I made a mistake when I didn't stay bottom and went to our jungle instead, if I stayed bottom/bottom jungle the laning phase would've gone better. Anyways I went back to our jungle but didn't jungle well at all ill just blame that one on ping, but I think i could've gotten a lot more done if I would've stayed bottom but oh well.
    I think top went fine and mid went ok but ember didn't get that many levels which is crucial for that hero, and since they had a dual lane mid, we placed the dazzle mid in order to help him out, I probably could've helped out that lane but they had great rune control and got all of the runes with their two bottles, which made it kind of difficult for us to win that lane, not only that, but they also maxed howl which puts us at a great disadvantage in our lanes, but I guess that's a lycan thing.
    As I said maxing howl on an "offlane" lycan was a smart move, and it sort of prevented us from winning mid + bottom. Envy had a difficult time bottom because of it, and like I said before if I was bottom envy would've had more farm and puck less etc. Because of the unfortunate laning and the rune control the wisp was allowed the opportunity to gank bottom, thus our lone druid didn't really have the impact we wanted it to nor did my enigma.
    There were multiple wisp engagements where I could've made a difference, but I got stuck in the top lane trying to defend the tower against kotl + lycan, and was unable to purchase a tp, I think that might have been important because my presence was very limited but who knows. During the entire game they constantly pressured every single lane with their heroes, and similarily to the first game, yet again we had difficulties forcing engagements and pushes. One we did force, the bottom engagement at their t2 tower could've been great but my potential 4 man hole turned out to be a one second 2 man hole, we probably didn't have any business in taking that fight without a solid hole, as they had necro 3 and stuff, regardless I think we played that fight pretty well and got 3-4? kills I think which turned out to be better than expected.
    WISP PRESSURE WISP PRESSURE WISP PRESSURE WISP PRESSURE MORPHLING PRESSURE LYCAN WOLVES KOTL BLASTS PUCK RELOCATE GANKS FUCK
    I was unable to get any great holes off without my bkb and when I got it it didn't make much of a difference, but w.e i gave burning his rampage and reddit liked it so thats fine by me.

All in all I think we got outplayed and today DK was the better team, but if we were to play them again I think we could put up a better show. Switching focus, we're feeling ready for the LB finals, and will do our best to defeat either of two teams, thus hopefully we will be able to get to the grand finals.

As Always We Are Grateful For All Of Your Support, Nadota And Do Appreciate It. In Addition I'd Like To Thank Everyone Besides Canada's Nightmare For Encouraging Me And Us And I'd Like To Thank Everyone Including Canada's Nightmare For Providing Excellent Basking Material.

Last edited by zai; April 19th, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Beyond Grantlike
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    Wongs
    first

Steam ID
    nvrtry
    Wongs
    i will fight canada's nightmare irl can somone set this up

Wongs
    ty zai, keep being dope, we love EG 8)

Wongs
    nice dude

glad to hear you guys aren't discouraged. or at least you personally. got faith ya'll do well tomorrow.

Shake it off boys the best part is you can face these cocky fuckers again. Ppd needs to bring the sk pain tho

Cool dude, this should be interesting. I'm not gonna read all of it cause I don't have time, but I'll read game 2 later tonight.

Steam ID
    nvrtry
    Wongs
    yeah zai youre dope as fuck stay trill

Dominating
    Steam ID
    Tralfamadore675
    Wongs
    I love you zai

Steam ID
    jae
    Wongs
    Even with their old lineups EG has been, and always will be, my favorite team.

I believe in you guys. Take the Chinese down tomorrow.
    the blind stares of a million pairs of eyes

Holy Shit
    Wongs
    go u
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofs View Post

ur named after a neopets character kill urself

Steam ID
    paine1Q84
    Wongs
    Good luck zai!! You guys got this.

Steam ID
    jae
    Wongs
    EternaLEnVy ‏@EternaLEnVy1991 1h
    Congratulations on your guaranteed 2nd place @DKdota2

get em
    the blind stares of a million pairs of eyes

Wongs
    get em next time

Wongs
    Other than you stealing my girl you're a good guy Zai

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Steam ID
    steamcommunity.com/id/dotathetoo
    Wongs
    GL on ur final zai!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5354W View Post
    im dead serious; if u stop spewing random shit and keep going to school (eng class in particular) u could probs land on a decent team in a year or 2

Mega Kill
    Steam ID
    tkdota2
    Wongs
    go eg

Steam ID
    Kaylick
    Wongs
    chin up