Dominating

Re: Prize money for secs

Quote Originally Posted by 1300
    same
    I dont need a troll.

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

No, you do not have permission to try to find a sponsor for it. SECS was perfectly fine before there was a prize. If you would like to get a prize for another tournament, go for it.

Dominating

Quote Originally Posted by Spit-wad
    No, you do not have permission to try to find a sponsor for it. SECS was perfectly fine before there was a prize. If you would like to get a prize for another tournament, go for it.
    ok

Mega Kill

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFox
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankster
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKy
    Get a sponsor that would not pay? like before?
    Your an idiot. Unlike most sponsors we delivered. Its not Marks fault that he didnt inform anyone. As soon as the management was notified,the money was paid out accordingly.
    you're*
    i should charge money for doing this ya know

Quote Originally Posted by asrmatt

Your an idiot. Unlike most sponsors we delivered. Its not Marks fault that he didnt inform anyone. As soon as the management was notified,the money was paid out accordingly.
    you're
    you kinda got beat to it powernet

M-M-M-Monster Kill

i think asrmatt should get paid for correcting peoples grammar errors? anyone with me?

Prize pools for NA dota tournaments are so insignificant, its ridiculous. Like do people really actually care about winning potentially $200 split between a minimum of 5 people. You are looking at $40 max per person. That is only if you win. Its like THR giving out $10 or something to the 2nd through 9th player to get to t3 or something. Who really cares that much about this amount of money.

I think it would be better if the money pool was spent on getting host bots for the tournament or a website or something else that betters the tournament rather than giving out some insignificant money prize that really does nothing for the tourney except cause drama when it isn't paid. Why not just give out $5 to the winning team, a dollar per person while using the other $295 for something worth while?

Steam ID
    Spit-wad

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb.
    Prize pools for NA dota tournaments are so insignificant, its ridiculous. Like do people really actually care about winning potentially $200 split between a minimum of 5 people. You are looking at $40 max per person. That is only if you win. Its like THR giving out $10 or something to the 2nd through 9th player to get to t3 or something. Who really cares that much about this amount of money.

I think it would be better if the money pool was spent on getting host bots for the tournament or a website or something else that betters the tournament rather than giving out some insignificant money prize that really does nothing for the tourney except cause drama when it isn't paid. Why not just give out $5 to the winning team, a dollar per person while using the other $295 for something worth while?
    This. When we ran that month of HoN ads, it was like "oh shit, let's run a tourny!"
    But oh wait, once this is split between 2-3 teams, 5 people per team, it doesn't sound like much at all.

Glad I decided to just use it to pay server expenses.

Dominating

How about 20$ to the winning team,it will help pay for vps,website,vent or stuff like that.or only 15 or even 10 will help.

i think that was an equally poor investment choice

Mega Kill
    Steam ID
    Shatawn

Quote Originally Posted by Gankster
    Quote Originally Posted by SharKy
    Get a sponsor that would not pay? like before?

calm down blitz. im just trolling. i didnt mean it in a seerweus way

Killing Spree

Hm, $200 would actually make it a bit more competitive but also any other prizes would. Because there will be something to win for, other than just pride which you can redeem yourself week by week. You can throw in any sort of prizes, 5 mouses/mousepads/keyboard ect any hardware/prizes would work.. I would have thrown in my 5 mousepads from ESWC, if a little 16 year old didn't steal it from my bag. :/

Beyond Grantlike Orrin"I make girls wet"Xu's Avatar
    Steam ID
    twitter.com/harodihg

Quote Originally Posted by Demon
    Hm, $200 would actually make it a bit more competitive but also any other prizes would. Because there will be something to win for, other than just pride which you can redeem yourself week by week. You can throw in any sort of prizes, 5 mouses/mousepads/keyboard ect any hardware/prizes would work.. I would have thrown in my 5 mousepads from ESWC, if a little 16 year old didn't steal it from my bag. :/
    Dammit braxton911

lol that sucks teenage thief was the mousepads signed ? I would want a eswc mousepad i use a mousepad from 1990 that came with my 1g HD samsung.

I think if theres any sort of prizes it would draw more attention in, but week after week of prizes might be too much?

\_(ツ)_/

M-M-M-Monster Kill

Quote Originally Posted by ixmike88
    i think that was an equally poor investment choice
    rack em'

Dominating

This.

Steam ID
    bk_ganked

Better then stealing $400 out of someone's purse amirite?
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: damn bro its the ganked sniper
    1:09 AM - DiSMeK: that shits more legendary than yaphets sf

Steam ID
    AkiriXx

The only real prize for SECS were my SECS banners.

See what I did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Akiri View Post
    2015 is our year. I say NA wins TI5, we go out with a bang...then shut down NADotA...

Quote Originally Posted by Akiri
    The only real prize for SECS were my SECS banners.

See what I did there?
    This^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast