Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beyond Grantlike iamafuckingretard's Avatar

carles is a fucking raging hypocrite

http://carles.buzz/auth-music/

its auth like goth
    Last edited by iamafuckingretard; February 18th, 2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: i got shamed

rip hipsterrunoff

http://carles.buzz/netstream-mainstream-lamestream/

JUST CLICK THROUGH TO THE LINK CUZ I COP{YPASTED THE TEXT FOR LAZIES BUT ITS MISSING KEYV ISUALS

Netstream vs Mainstream: How the internet created a new breed of lamestreamers
    Posted by carles | January 28, 2015 | 9 Comments
    internetstream-vs-mainstream-netstream
    U might think

Everything is mainstream. [via lame as fuck and pointless and 0% artful]

I see the world differently.

Things that are ‘mainstream’ are interpreted as ‘normal topics’ to audiences that consume content via traditional mediums (not the internet.)

I believe all ‘culture websites’ on the internet are NETSTREAM. They are dependent upon widely consumed topics of internet audiences.

Ur identity is constructed via media and ‘finding comfort’ in the medium [via behavior pattern and overvaluing of ur free will 2 discover].

Let’s look at this diagram again. U can see that some stuff is mainstream, some stuff is netstream, and the lamest shit in the world intersects both worlds.
    internetstream-vs-mainstream-netstream
    Anything that is ‘popular’ on the internet has been marginalized into a scalable #trending_topic.

Mainstream ppl don’t ‘get’ netstream topics.
    Netstream ppl ‘h8′ mainstream topics.
    The content topics that intersect both worlds are inescapable from netstream or mainstream. However, both audiences have different ideas of ‘what they are consuming.’

‘Smart ppl’ on the internet [netstreamers] think that their consumption of content has been ‘elevated’ due 2 the medium of the net. They prefer ‘culture’ websites that give them ‘high end’ coverage of both mainstream and netstream topics. They ‘follow’ the news ‘more instantly’ than mainstreamers who get it in a 30 minute TV dose. Netstream audiences like 2 be ‘patted on the back’ for being ‘early adopters’ 2 ‘the new thing’ like the Serial podcast, which I understand was basically just a Law and Order episode in podcast form.

Mainstreamers seem more chill. They just listen 2 country music on the radio and watch the NFL with a domestic beer in their hand while talking about ‘the greatness’ of LeBron James with passion. Netstreamers think that they are ‘more culturally educated’ than mainstreamers, and have more insight in2 every content niche and ‘an elevated view’ of the world.

I h8 ‘proud netstreamers’ so much. They are so trapped in this weird zone of Netflix watching ‘s0o0o funnie/deep’ seasons of tv shows, praising themselves 4 sharing generic feminist/racial thinkpieces, and enjoy ‘being excited’ about netstream artists. Ppl who think Comedy Central shows are like 67% funnier than they actually are. They think that ‘trends’ like normcore and healthgoth ‘actually exist’ even though they were just created in a scalable vacuum of websites without actual readership and didn’t ‘go mainstream.’ They were only netstream and can’t even be understood by mainstreamers.

Understand that the world that netstreamers interpret on the web is not actually determined by ‘what people should be interested in.’ Instead, ‘media companies’ are dependent upon ‘artists’ and ‘personalities/companies with large social media reach.’ The netstream world has made online media companies nothing more than a weird biz model where they are generating advertisements for ‘basically everything.’

Mainstreamers are actually ‘more chill’ than netstreamers because they don’t have a heightened sense of self [via media consumption] based on the medium. All content is the same and all internet content is the samier.

Do u h8 people that think netstream topics still make them ‘unique’?
    Like ppl that are ‘pumped’ 2 watch Sunday Nite TV, then read a recap-social-justice-thinkpiece abt it the next morning [via the cultural content farm]?
    Indie coverage is so netstream. Just this scaled network of bands that are only celebrated within a network of websites but still will never reach the ‘mainstream masses’ of ppl who listen to Imagine Dragons, the Deftones, and rap-rock.

R u netstream or mnstrm?

corrupt-indie-machine2
    Many ppl ask me, “Carles… What happened 2 indie?”
    “Is buzz still alive?”
    “What music should I listen 2 now that indie artists are lame ass festival acts 4 entry-level youth_culturers?”

It is easiest to explain the current existence of indie as a behavioral pattern of netstream consumption. The idea that a particular artists generates content 4 u because it was sourced from a formative medium.

Come 2 terms with ‘indie’ having happened, and realize that much of ur media consumption is built around behavioral patterns where u still think ‘blogs’ are ‘tastemakers’ and that ‘music news’ was ever ‘relevant.’
    Most lamestream ppl just want music recs [via a scalable algorithmic tastemaker] [via the Spottifies, Google Play Music, and other dumb Beats by Ghey scalable streaming services]

‘Indie’ was a scalable movement in which a symbiotic relationship was formed between scalable art and scalable media outlets celebrated as ‘the blogosphere.’ The ‘blogosphere’ was a misleading term that led readers 2 believe that ‘independent voices matter’ b4 there were 2 many independent voices on Twitspace and Instabooks. Indie was a movement where we not only ‘celebrated’ the art of artists by focusing ‘a new kind of coverage’ on ‘a new crop’ of artists bc of a new medium, but also how ‘real ppl’ were allegedly ‘organically sharing’ the artists via social networks. It was like ‘a real conversation’ but allegedly ‘trackable.’

Indie does not exist.
    Nothing is independent.
    Every artist & media outlet is dependent.
    All ‘artists’ are media companies in the scalable media landscape are dependent on the mechanisms of scalable online mediums.
    There is no point in ‘blogging’ about an artist. ‘Trending Topics’ that control their own social media outlet are ultimately in control. The idea of ‘coverage’ doesn’t help to re-activate an audience or inform them. Bands can create and monetize their own content in order 2 make their fans happie.

Why would a ‘blog’ help Vampire Weekend by posting their new song? They already have 2.5 milly FB Likes.
    vampy-weeks-facebook

P4ky has 750k FB likes, which seems chill. However, both Vampy Weeks and P4k are oppressed topics within the scalable media landscape. Facebook ‘controls’ their ability to ‘reach’ their tribe with sponsorship bottlenecks, and can ‘change the algorithm’ at any moment.
    p4k fb
    P4k is chill though bc they just have chill ass music festivals, so their site is probably just an advertorial 4 a chill time.

Artists are competitors with media companies.
    Artists are more important than media companies.
    Artists do not need ‘a network of media companies’ 2 formulate a narrative 4 an album cycle.
    Media companies only judge ‘what they cover’ based on established metric performance and alleged ‘trending’ performance based on viewcounts, playcounts, and social media engagement by mass audiences.

‘Fans’ would prefer 2 just hear from their fave ‘indie’ bands that are usually ‘bigger’ than most media outlets.
    They just want 2 hear an uncompromised message.
    It is difficult for the ‘high end internet user’ who came up in the ‘indie age’2 see all scalable cultural content farms as anything but native advertisement.
    There is no point in getting ‘press’ from the majority of ‘indie blogs’ for successful bands
    No websites are ‘tastemakers’ with a ‘loyal audience.’

Indie is not ‘alternative’
    Alternative does not exist.
    Alt does not exist.
    Anything that is labeled ‘alternative’ is still mainstream enough to be ‘understood’ by mainstream masses.
    The mainstream version of ‘alternative’ will be perpetually be sold as a zeitgeist from a network of retailers every 5-10 years.

Every1 ‘gets’ that it is mainstream to want to look ‘moderately alternative’ in order to conform to contemporary expectations of the aesthetic of any personal brand and the construction of a self. Aggregating ‘alternative interests’ is more difficult than ever unless u ride Unabomber waves and vibe out in shack in the woods [via walden pondz].

Music is 2 pure and will escape from hyper-contextualization on content farms. Music is eternally organically scalable.

R u a netstreamer?
    Are netstreamers actually worse than mainstreamers on ur FB feed because they post Slate ‘thinkpieces’, Gawker recap posts, and #longform ‘oral histories’ via the cultural content farm?
    Would u rather be a netstreamer or a mainstreamer?
    Were u evr ‘indie’ or ‘alt’?

Nothing is independent.
    Everything in the realm of ‘online culture’ is dependent.
    There are no independent artists.
    There is no independent media.
    There are no independent voices.
    There is no spirit of independence.

R u netstream or mnstrm?
    What r more xamples of netstream?
    What r more examples of mainstream?
    Who is worse: a netstreamer or a mainstreamer?
    Do u h8 ppl who think they are ‘alt’ bc they ‘listen to indie’ but they are really just ‘netstreamers’ which is basically worse than being a mainstreamer?
    Slavery to your Muses > freedom

nigga just like tryna feel superior tho tho everyone is like the same as him but less articulate about how theyre trying to feel superior

Beyond Grantlike
    R u netstream or mnstrm?

i used to be more netstream but now im just retarded

i was very rarely mainstream

its ok that that was just a copy paste question because whatever

M-M-M-Monster Kill American Shut-In's Avatar
    Steam ID
    atlanta pubstomp @ my house
    you're reading carles in 2015 kill yourself

Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    nigga just like tryna feel superior tho tho everyone is like the same as him but less articulate about how theyre trying to feel superior
    suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood_Star View Post
    i'm goddamn everyone
    [Insert gif Bulba jumping around.]
    http://i.imgur.com/NRFgEca.gif

hey the music listed was prty gud idk

Quote Originally Posted by American Shut-In View Post
    you're reading carles in 2015 kill yourself
    you think relevance matters in 2015 kill urself

just cuz you've forsaken carles doesnt mean ur better than him
    Last edited by iamafuckingretard; February 18th, 2015 at 12:06 PM.

M-M-M-Monster Kill American Shut-In's Avatar
    Steam ID
    atlanta pubstomp @ my house
    pretty sure it does actually but whatever dude

ty friend

most important article is this one tho http://carles.buzz/scalability-vs-creativity/

but its nto about music and idk how many ppl here even care about being creative

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    Kappa

Banned
    remember u guys all shittalked kanye

ty

Banned
    Steam ID
    XOAOU
    I am an artist and the idea of scalability is always in the back of your mind. Will my generation notice this? Will this even be remembered in the generations to come? I always enter a project with the idea of having something 2 appeal to everyone without pandering to too general issues... but u know u can't ever try and make 'art' trying to make a masterpiece. It has to be universal, cohesive and still organic. And u always wonder "do u think I could be better if I abandoned my ideals??" but then u aren't being a 'true artist'. But anyway

Thx for the article

Just my 2c

makes me wonder what happened to sleigh bells actually

Quote Originally Posted by Stonererer View Post
    suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Brood_Star View Post
    i'm goddamn everyone
    [Insert gif Bulba jumping around.]
    http://i.imgur.com/NRFgEca.gif

Quote Originally Posted by CBD View Post
    makes me wonder what happened to sleigh bells actually
    did you know they had a 3rd album i didnt know that until recently

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast