Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159
Results 3,161 to 3,175 of 3175
    Banned
    yea great posts, you goons

neither of those two games is a thriving spectator sport

Banned
    Quake is probably the most watchable as it's just 1v1 so you can just leave the camera on 1 player's perspective

That tf2 match is pretty watchable but it's because he's casting from a replay and not live. The cameraman had a chance to review the game and plan everything out.

This is probably the best option if you're looking to produce watchable content but I doubt it'll ever become the norm in modern games like Overwatch because they're trying too hard to make it a game where people sit at a computer on a big stage and it gets broadcast out to twitch live

The cameramen are just hopeless in this scenario

Steam ID
    notjones
    well the game I posted was released in 1998

Banned
    Oh OK

Quote Originally Posted by notjones View Post
    " because nobody's figured out a way to make fps games watchable as a spectator sport "

https://youtu.be/G7nPn6KsgGo?t=695

lol
    >Not having spectator wireframes for your fps game during a tournament OMEGALUL
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    yea great posts, you goons

neither of those two games is a thriving spectator sport
    If this is your only argument then you might as well admit defeat because we both know that's a shitty excuse for saying fps games aren't casted well and then being shown counterexamples.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

I'm pretty sure overwatch is just a pretty shitty game to spectate

whats a Sans battlefury

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    I'm pretty sure overwatch is just a pretty shitty game to spectate
    This. It's way too flashy, visually, to really determine what's going on in a fight from a spectator's point of view.

its going to be funny if blizzard realizes this at some point (as they probably should if theyre actually watching it themselves) and either a) reduce the clutter and receive backlash from the dumbest members of the community or b) pull out faster than yns on a superfertile female

whats a Sans battlefury

Check your lore files: yns doesn't pull out

same

whats a Sans battlefury

Holy Shit
    overwatch will never be a good game to spectate. there's too much visual clutter like already mentioned and too many things happening simultaneously. plus its just boring af to watch imo, it don't got the same thrills as a game lik csgo.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    If this is your only argument then you might as well admit defeat because we both know that's a shitty excuse for saying fps games aren't casted well and then being shown counterexamples.
    I guess

But I can probably just narrow it to say they aren't done well in general but there are X exceptions, then list exceptions, like this:

-1v1s where you just leave the camera on 1 person's pov (way less complex and less going on so it kind of misses the central issues people have with games like OW)

-Replays analyzed after-the-fact by capable cameramen who have the time and ability to figure out exactly what needs to be shown. I actually really appreciate those little moments in that video where, for example, combo is making a push and TLR turns around and sees stickies (shows TLR's perspective) and they immediately pop. It's well done.

-Some people say CSGO works as a spectator sport. I don't know if that's true or not because I don't watch that game. It's easy to imagine how it might be decent as it's a less busy game - both in terms of actual action and less visually busy - but I think it's also got its own drawbacks and I kind of doubt people who don't play the game are watching its comp matches much.

People love to see aim machines

whats a Sans battlefury

I watch CS:GO but I don't play. It works incredibly well from a spectator's PoV