Page 257 of 258 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258 LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 5145
  1. #5121
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    eh hc has its pros and cons

    like, the economy is on one hand better, with prices being less inflated and more stuff that u pick up being worth selling, but trading can be hard cause the playerbase is way smaller and items are constantly leaving it, so theres often a shortage of good items available to buy

    hc leaves me feeling more fried too, but achievements on it feel way better
    1. trading sucks because fewer players = less liquidity, less choice, harder to find items

    2. prices are equally inflated on HC on the low level side. Obv because ppl keep dying and needing to restart, lowbie gear is very expensive compared to SC where people just throw away/sell their items after they level up.

    with that said, if you want to craft fun stuff on hc it's cheaper because exalts are way less, but nobody will ever buy your shit so you'll have to sell it for dirt cheap. it basically evens out. Exalts = cheaper but items you craft with exalts have way fewer buyers so you have to hold the item longer and sell it for less than you would in softcore.

    add this on top of how bullshit hardcore mechanics are/how easy you get 1-shot or instagibbed it doesn't even feel like a challenge like diablo 2 hardcore where if you died you told yourself 'ah well, I fucked up there, I was being way too greedy' instead it's almost like 'wow, I was steamrolling everything and not even getting hurt and suddenly something just fucking wacked me and I died instantly. What the fuck was that?'

  2. #5122
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    yea thank god, i don't know what the fuck they were thinking but the fact that they make a change thsi terrible and you literally have to wait for 5-6 months for them to fix it is ridiculous. this is why GGG dev team is so bad, they fucking literally just sit on their hands after they fuck something up badly in the game and say we'll just let this game be terrible for half a year before we decide to do anything about it and never address how it was a terrible change in the first place.

    LOL. If leagues were ACTUALLY 2-3 months long, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but they are always trying to do too much/pack in too much shit in releases that they kill themselves to their own hype. it's terrible.

  3. #5123
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I know I said I wasn't gonna do it, but I leveled to 90 boys.

    Next up is mayhem, and I'm gonna play my first totem build since two point oh.

  4. #5124
    M-M-M-Monster Kill hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    1. trading sucks because fewer players = less liquidity, less choice, harder to find items

    2. prices are equally inflated on HC on the low level side. Obv because ppl keep dying and needing to restart, lowbie gear is very expensive compared to SC where people just throw away/sell their items after they level up.

    with that said, if you want to craft fun stuff on hc it's cheaper because exalts are way less, but nobody will ever buy your shit so you'll have to sell it for dirt cheap. it basically evens out. Exalts = cheaper but items you craft with exalts have way fewer buyers so you have to hold the item longer and sell it for less than you would in softcore.

    add this on top of how bullshit hardcore mechanics are/how easy you get 1-shot or instagibbed it doesn't even feel like a challenge like diablo 2 hardcore where if you died you told yourself 'ah well, I fucked up there, I was being way too greedy' instead it's almost like 'wow, I was steamrolling everything and not even getting hurt and suddenly something just fucking wacked me and I died instantly. What the fuck was that?'
    1) i don't disagree that at times very rare items like greatwolf talismans and stuff can be difficult to obtain in temp HC. but it's really not that bad, i've personally never had an issue getting an item i need ever

    2) who cares about inflation on goldrims and lifesprigs tbh. i've never seen a goldrim go over 3-9c and lifesprig and every other weapon is always 1c-2c.

    3) yes it is cheaper to craft on hc. people buy crafted shit all the time, the second statement is false

    4) stygian dolls from D2 were capable of a bullshit oneshot. lightning ghosts from D2 could potentially oneshot you with high packsize. there were plenty of things in D2 that were bullshit

    there are many ways to counter-act "true one shots" in poe. most people just like playing 4k hp pathfinders and moving at 400% movement speed and then complain on reddit when they get one shot

  5. #5125
    M-M-M-Monster Kill hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    the only one shot left in the game thats bullshit is DD / revenant DD and honestly most of the time its player error

  6. #5126
    M-M-M-Monster Kill (In)Finite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,872
    It's a lot easier to be profitable in HC than SC. You have to no life way more on SC. There's also a lot more profitable things to do in HC. Shit like labs/boss kills are worth more because less people dedicate and level a character to specifically do that

  7. #5127
    Socialism or Barbarism agile_mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39,881
    Steam ID
    afsdf
    I play HC for the economy. It's hard to get one shot in poe nowadays if you okay some form of ranged build or block build and play slowly.

    You shouldn't be able to move at pathfinder speeds and still be able to facetank bosses but you could even do that most of the time.

  8. #5128
    Socialism or Barbarism agile_mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39,881
    Steam ID
    afsdf
    I made 2k C and 30 odd exalts from just selling random shit and maps. I don't know if that's viable on SC because the market stagnated after a week and starts inflating.

  9. #5129
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Well I sell my currency on jsp after I get burned out or hold legacy items to sell on standard.

    Like I crafted 80 t15 20q Beachhead a which I will sell once ladder resets and sell the currency on jsp.

    Economy is kind of a moot point in that respect for me since i use third party sites to trade as well and from having used jsp on both hc and SC as well as standard and legacy I think it all evens out I'm the end and you're not really at any type of economic advantage playing one over the other but it boils down to preference.. I don't like gating builds I play behind how high their ehp is, yea I like to play a 4k hp Pathfinder and I know I will die with over 20ex worth of gear and no i dont want to level up again. Leveling up is the worst part of the game for me but I do it

  10. #5130
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    To me, liquidity is the most important factor because it's such a huge convenience to move in and out items quickly to flip for profit. But yea some ppl dgaf about trading which is why they play hc ssf. Fucking masochists

  11. #5131
    I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20,343
    what is jsp, is that rmt site?

    u buy ur poe items LoL?
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

  12. #5132
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    no, d2jsp is a website that diablo 2 players used to trade in the past but it has expanded to include most popular games now.

    back in the day you could get forum gold from posting and trade your FG for items but nowadays people buy their FG to buy items.

    However, I don't buy FG, I simply sell all of my items (or in the case of POE, currency) for FG so I can spend it later on if I need for currency/items in other games. jsp is basically a medium to convert your game items to a universal currency which you can use at any time you see fit.

    in one sense it is RMT, but it's not a buyers only market, you can be like me and sell all of your stuff on jsp for FG then spend it later on this way your items/currency don't just rot in standard.

  13. #5133
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    i'm honestly shocked that you don't know what jsp is lol it's one of the oldest gamer websites in existence.

  14. #5134
    I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20,343
    i never played d2, poe is my first game in this genre unless we are counting RS
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

  15. #5135
    I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    20,343
    still sounds pretty rmt to me

    i get the whole "dont wanna let your stuff rot on standard" thing but getting loot in relevant leagues through fg sounds so boring
    Last edited by Pepper; November 15th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

  16. #5136
    M-M-M-Monster Kill hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    still sounds pretty rmt to me

    i get the whole "dont wanna let your stuff rot on standard" thing but getting loot in relevant leagues through fg sounds so boring
    its very grey area RMT. and getting items through FG is incredibly boring and yes very rmt-like

    i'm not surprised you haven't heard of JSP.

  17. #5137
    Mega Kill
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    661
    can u convert jsp fg into $

  18. #5138
    M-M-M-Monster Kill hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by tides View Post
    can u convert jsp fg into $
    not legally through the site, but some people do buy it

  19. #5139

  20. #5140
    Beyond Grantlike ironstove.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,364
    Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Quote Originally Posted by tides View Post
    can u convert jsp fg into $
    The buy rates for jsp fg are so terrible already though, like 20 dollars will get you 600 fg through the website already, so you basically have to offer people a much better rate than what the website is offering. With 600 fg you can buy about 600 chaos maybe 2 weeks into the league. Obv the prices are crazy inflated when the leagues first start.

    I disagree that buying your items with FG is boring. I don't use FG often except when I have made multiple chars and I don't have enough currency to gear them up, and i don't want to grind for more currency.

    The question then comes which do I find more boring, grinding maps or going into jsp to spend the FG which I already earned converting past items in order to collect their value in the present league.

    I agree, it is grey area RMT because you technically never need to spend a dime on the website, you can just come in and sell all of your shit and then go into another game like Dota 2 and spend all of your FG that you got from POE over there for treasures/special avatars and shit just to give you an example, whereas if you had 400 exalts sitting in standard, you can't go to a dota player and offer them your exalts.

    JSP is basically a market that grants players the ability to liquidate their high value items in one game and bring it over to another (or even the same game, like if for example you decide to quit the league and you know that all of the items in your stash are going to drop over time when you decide to come back in a year, so you might as well sell them all for FG knowing that the rate of FG to game currency will remain mostly consistent. Especially if you were planning to sell all of your items for currency anyway. This just seems like a no-brainer thing to do in order to preserve your assets value).

    The thing is that people can buy FG which makes jsp an RMT site, but it's a P2P optional RMT site that has worked for many years and I like using it for any games that are focused on trading like POE/Diablo. It just feels like a waste to have all of your high value items/currency sit on standard forever. I actually very rarely spend my fg, but I just like the process of trading my items for fg and seeing the number grow because it feels like I'm actually 'banking' what I made into currency I can spend in the future.
    Last edited by ironstove.; November 17th, 2017 at 06:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •