Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Terran?

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs

Hey Terran?

So with Terran;

You scout at 11 supply

When you go 3 rax, you get 2 tech lab 1 reactor?

When you scout protoss what do they get that leads to DT's?

If the other person goes 2 Rax then rushes his factory and i went 3 Rax what do i do from there? Transition out or just spam a lot and outmicro.

Thanks to anyone who wants to throw in some advice

:Now that i think of it, no brax10's allowed:

Re: Hey Terran?

1. Usually with the scv that finishes your 1st supply depot

2. Most of the time - for example if you are 3 raxing against toss, you would want to do 2 tech and one reactor

3. 2-3 Gates initially with no robo, no insane early pressure, and no expo - this is if the toss is rushing the DTs. However DT play is difficult to predict. In a recent match between Inca and Maka, Inca went 2 gate robo into a DT drop attempt. My tip for detecting DT play is to play it very cautious if you see an abundance of gates no reasonably expo for that matter - save up 2 scans at around the 6 minute mark just to be on the safe side.

4. That depends. See if you can inflict major damage early, try to snipe tanks if you can, then throw down an expansion and proceed into a marauder heavy army with constant drops and light tank support. If you can prevent yourself from being contained, or having your opponents seige tanks reach a critical mass, then continue producing bio with like a 5 rax (1 reactored, 4 tech labbed, 1 fact, 1 starport build.

Quote Originally Posted by swissbeatz
    you are a literal ethug
    Quote Originally Posted by 711
    You're actually the biggest piece of shit on this forum congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPs
    When you scout protoss what do they get that leads to DT's?
    more than likely they'll need both gas by the time they get their gateway to get temp archives and then a dark shrine

plus producing DTs are gas heavy as well and you should scout for a proxy pylon

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs

Quote Originally Posted by KFC NIGGA
    1. Usually with the scv that finishes your 1st supply depot

2. Most of the time - for example if you are 3 raxing against toss, you would want to do 2 tech and one reactor

3. 2-3 Gates initially with no robo, no insane early pressure, and or expand if the toss is rushing the DTs. However DT play is difficult to predict. In a recent match between Inca and Maka, Inca went 2 gate robo into a DT drop attempt. My tip for detecting DT play is to play it very cautious if you see an abundance of gates no reasonably expo for that matter - save up 2 scans at around the 6 minute mark just to be on the safe side.

4. That depends. See if you can inflict major damage early, try to snipe tanks if you can, then throw down an expansion and proceed into a marauder heavy army with constant drops and light tank support. If you can prevent yourself from being contained, or having your opponents seige tanks reach a critical mass, then continue producing bio with like a 5 rax (1 reactored, 4 tech labbed, 1 fact, 1 starport build.
    It feels like Terran is getting a lot weaker compared to zerg; input?

When do you get your 2nd gas and when your 3 raxing at what supply would you want to get your expansion?

In most of my TvT games I've seen 2 Rax then straight to factory while expansioning, is this the new go to strat?

When do you get your 2nd gas and when your 3 raxing at what supply would you want to get your expansion?

In most of my TvT games I've seen 2 Rax then straight to factory while expansioning, is this the new go to strat?
    Not sure about the first statement: TvZ is in a state of flux right now and it is hard to determine balance. Zerg is a lot stronger than they used to be, but I wouldn't necessarily state that zerg is stronger than terran.

If you are 3 rax rush/pressuring, your 2nd gas isnt needed until you decide to tech up. If you play it right you'll have the perfect amount of gas off one geyser to get stim/conc. shells and constantly produce marauders. Thus if i'm 3 rax pressuring i'll usually get it late at like the late 30s/40s.

Hmm I wouldn't say it is. The most common strategy is still some variation of a 1-1-1 opening. 2-1-expo is a reasonably safe build with a reasonably safe expansion, but isn't as prevalent as 1-1-1 openings or 1 rax FE builds. My personal favorite TVT build is the classic 1-1-1 fast banshee opening into an expo with mass bio/light tank suppport and constant drops.

you are a literal ethug

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs

Quote Originally Posted by KFC NIGGA

Not sure about the first statement: TvZ is in a state of flux right now and it is hard to determine balance. Zerg is a lot stronger than they used to be, but I wouldn't necessarily state that zerg is stronger than terran.

If you are 3 rax rush/pressuring, your 2nd gas isnt needed until you decide to tech up. If you play it right you'll have the perfect amount of gas off one geyser to get stim/conc. shells and constantly produce marauders. Thus if i'm 3 rax pressuring i'll usually get it late at like the late 30s/40s.

Hmm I wouldn't say it is. The most common strategy is still some variation of a 1-1-1 opening. 2-1-expo is a reasonably safe build with a reasonably safe expansion, but isn't as prevalent as 1-1-1 openings or 1 rax FE builds. My personal favorite TVT build is the classic 1-1-1 fast banshee opening into an expo with mass bio/light tank suppport and constant drops.
    Thanks a bunch, as a noobie this is a life saver ><

Dominating
    Wongs

I still think z is really really strong at the highest lvls, but thank foxer for showing us the way. Rolling zergs 80% of the time with marines.

Fear the storm

Wongs

Quote Originally Posted by Fan
    I still think z is really really strong at the highest lvls, but thank foxer for showing us the way. Rolling zergs 80% of the time with marines.
    whats the build order for that? :S

\_(ツ)_/

Dominating
    Wongs

Not really a bo. Just transition into mass marines from any bo you want and rely on mass drops/ split micro/ timing atks.

Fear the storm

Wongs

ok lol i kinda made mine up but was wondering, side note saw boxxer build banshees today!!

\_(ツ)_/

Dominating
    Wongs

I heard foxer vs fruitdealer game was epic. If anyone has vod's of that, share please!

Fear the storm

You mean they played again since GSL2?

edit: It seems they have. I can't find any vods either. Hopefully some surface eventually.

edit 2: from TL:

We will be streaming the next set of games at 11 PST and we will also be streaming the ro4 and finals tomorrow
    http://www.livestream.com/trunxs
    not sure if this is reliable we'll see
    mourN
    MinD.923

Wongs

Quote Originally Posted by hashshashin
    You mean they played again since GSL2?

edit: It seems they have. I can't find any vods either. Hopefully some surface eventually.

edit 2: from TL:

We will be streaming the next set of games at 11 PST and we will also be streaming the ro4 and finals tomorrow
    http://www.livestream.com/trunxs
    not sure if this is reliable we'll see
    yea he was streaming it before hopefully i can re watch it

\_(ツ)_/

Lots of the replays from the tourney are here:

http://sc2rep.com/

Anyone catch the nada vs. tester games? holywtf shit they were good

you are a literal ethug

Dominating
    Wongs

2 reactor starports +huge econ advantage gets completely owned by 2 stargates 1 robo O.O

Edit: Im watching stream right now: "This is a stream of a chinese stream of a korean stream."

The lengths we have to go to sighhh..

Fear the storm

Wongs

yea....cant watch it live unless you live in korea sigh....

\_(ツ)_/

the question is do you want to be there:

http://www.gosugamers.net/general/news/ ... quid-house

Dominating
    Wongs

Terrans decision-making seems so subpar compared to zergs today sigh.

Maka game 1 had a perfect stim shields push on scrap right before mutas popped and he went halfway and didnt do it... Even if you lose that entire force it forces z to make army not econ and stops mutas from going to your base...instead he ends up trying to fend off mutas with marines without medivacs.

Maka game 3 goes heavy bio and refuses to trade armies/do enough aggression. (Its mech armies you dont want to trade, mass bio = you want to run them out of banelings aghhh)

Boxer game 1 survives a bust with no dmg and 12 blue flamed hellions and just doesnt attack...If a zerg busts you that is everything they have leave 3 hellions if you are worried about reinforcing lings, like come on And its an econ baneling bust, the build is expand, 30 drones, banelings nest, he should know there was no way zerg would have anything to deal with blue flamed hellions if he just went immediately.

Boxer game 2 targets down the spire but instead of rallying his next 2 banshees over to end the game he does it to stop 8 roaches(then forgets to bring the banshees over anyways!!) even though he had 2 filled bunkers right behind his rax wall...

Boxer forgot he researched cloak <.<

I am so disappointed right now, Foxer only terran so far who has good decisions in this tourney imo.

Fear the storm

FruitDealer vs "OptimusPrime" was a great series. I don't want to spoil it but the games were fun to watch mostly.

its on sc2rep.com
    mourN
    MinD.923

Quote Originally Posted by RaDiAnT-
    the question is do you want to be there:

http://www.gosugamers.net/general/news/ ... quid-house
    looks like a giant sausage fest
    mourN
    MinD.923