Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Beyond Grantlike
    people used to box stake for like 10 phats at a time LMAO, shit was like playing dice in an alley

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrin"I make girls wet"Xu View Post
    I remember playing this shit in 6th grade and I'm sure the r2h was better than a scimmy
    they changed it so all the items had different attack speeds and it ended up being u get basically the same dps between an r2h and scimmy but for 1/3 the cost, plus u could wield a shield. that's when i quit rs2 and becamse a classicer for life

Fun fact about this game: The servers run on .6 second ticks. Every action can have up to 600ms delay in addition to your normal ping.

This was probably reasonable when it was originally released (I don't remember being irritated by it) but by today's standards is absolutely absurd. Imagine trying to play Dota with 600ms delay. And people actually PVPed like that.

Beyond Grantlike
    Never bothered me honestly

Beyond Grantlike
    Nvm it did lol

Beyond Grantlike
    There was a certain skill to anticipating the movements in PvP, it's called catching

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    is there actually any skill in 1v1 fighting in this game though

I remember there was that team arena inside the wilderness, that was fun, you had to move as a team and organize and shit, but I feel like other than catch/being really really high level, there wasn't much more to 1v1's than RNG
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post

I remember there was that team arena inside the wilderness, that was fun, you had to move as a team and organize and shit, but I feel like other than catch/being really really high level, there wasn't much more to 1v1's than RNG
    Yeah - skill involved would be kind of like a rhythm game with a smattering of game mechanics knowledge. Imagine playing 1v1s in Dota on a hero that has no spells and both players are maximally farmed. After people play it for a while, there would be a lot of stuff like animation cancelling and item usage (gear switching). Like everything else, people figure out ways to gain advantages through skill.

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    Dayayayayve
    Quote Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
    There was a certain skill to anticipating the movements in PvP, it's called catching
    Yeah and spamming your food buttons in inventory lol

I remember scimmy you could have a shield but not with the 2h

Also yeah buying and reselling with markup was really profitable if done correctly I remember I did a lot of that

Beyond Grantlike Orrin"I make girls wet"Xu's Avatar
    Steam ID
    twitter.com/harodihg
    Man I mined coal and fucking fished lobbies

Beyond Grantlike

i dont know about runescape 2. when they released runescape 2 in 2005 or whatever it made everything way easier (if i remember correctly the game casted spells automaticaly for you if u set it to, and ur hero would automatically chase people if they ran away from you)

but in runescape classic there wasnt really any pvp skill cap to speak of, you had to cast spells manually, run away and catch the other player manually, and eat food outside of battle while trying to chase or run away. you could also cast spells while running and u had to manage ur prayer points really well since like i said the #1 prayer leaderboard had like 60 prayer during those times and most people struggled to get into the 40s. especially non-members who literally had to collect and bury big bones 1 by 1 LOL. its just like most other games, the skill involved depends on how good your opponent is. if they suck at running u can cathc them easily, if they suck at eating you can 3-hit them easily. etc

if u can look past graphics this game was epic

Beyond Grantlike
    i posted a pking video on page 1 that is decent, but its sped up and he's multi-clienting (takes immense skill) so it doesnt really show true 1v1 with catching and stuff but yeah im sure you could find a video if you're really curious
    Last edited by Casandra; May 5th, 2016 at 04:34 PM.

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    Yeah - skill involved would be kind of like a rhythm game with a smattering of game mechanics knowledge. Imagine playing 1v1s in Dota on a hero that has no spells and both players are maximally farmed. After people play it for a while, there would be a lot of stuff like animation cancelling and item usage (gear switching). Like everything else, people figure out ways to gain advantages through skill.
    this, especially when ur wearing shit that took u hours to farm and u dont wanna lose it, people give it their all

Beyond Grantlike
    idk about runescape 2 pking though maybe it was more user friendly, but i know that experience shows really quickly in classic. that's why all the hardcore players transferred their items back to classic when rs2 was released and never looked back. there are tons of rares on rsc that people ported over that would be worth hundreds of millions or whatever if they were on rs2 now

Beyond Grantlike
    sorry i dont get to talk about classic much, i played it for 10 years

it's alright

it was a great game, though I can't remember if I started before or after RS 2
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Casandra View Post
    especially non-members who literally had to collect and bury big bones 1 by 1 LOL.
    I remember doing this ROFL

shit was miserable

Also what is multi-clienting?

Beyond Grantlike
    look at the video i posted on page 1, its one of the best pkers in rsc history using 2 clients at a time

Beyond Grantlike
    it's alright

it was a great game, though I can't remember if I started before or after RS 2
    i feel like you'd remember for sure

Beyond Grantlike
    its funny cause jagex basically killed off classic, so the rsc community moved to private servers. at one point we had 1000 concurrent users on a private 100% replica server and there were only like 56 people on real runescape classic. all the pkers on these servers would slay the shit out of even the best pkers when real rsc was out, skill cap increased so much over time

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast