Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW

In the end blizzard isnt going to put up legacy servers because they are blind to their customer requests (with wow anyways) and people will forget this even happened in a month and go back to gargling blizzard-activision dong

Steam ID
    spensel
    I dunno I wouldnt rule it out 100%, they have atleast once to date done an april fools joke as an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    hype's a 8 idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by Insil View Post
    wow like im actually really happy right now wtf if ou deserve nudes

not from me tho, from another girl i mean ^__^

Steam ID
    spensel
    On one hand there's obviously a market for it, though the obvious detractors are that.
    -You split your player base, more so assuming you put up vanil/bc/wrath servers.
    -What do you do with the servers after you roll them out?
    -with content updates in the order they came out?
    -Do you just put up the last patch before pre-expac patch?
    -Wipe them like a ladder reset after 1/2 years?
    -They have to support them, item restorations, ban waves.
    -Managing multiple development branches

I can see it being a possibility i mean 2007 scape seems to make jagex money
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    hype's a 8 idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by Insil View Post
    wow like im actually really happy right now wtf if ou deserve nudes

not from me tho, from another girl i mean ^__^

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    roragok
    Just normal progressions servers like eq did. And how nost was. Release it all over again. Probably stop at BC or lk anything after that is a train wreck.

reminder that under 1% of the playerbase saw naxx. you could roll out patches at similar speed to vanilla and people wpuld be fine with it. vanilla had great content curve, even in the final months before tbc fresh guilds were doing mc.

as for what happens after all the content is released you can always ask the players if they want more content and whether you want to put any resources into it. just by itself vanilla would have long lifespan simply because previous content isn't made obsolete through the nerfs in the next patch
    Last edited by YumYumAmericum; April 7th, 2016 at 03:18 PM.

It's a definite possibility, but timing wise is just tough. With new expansion coming out in a few months it wouldn't make sense, maybe summer 2017?
    remember benghazi

A private server without the Chinese farm bots would be lovely
    remember benghazi

oops
    Last edited by YumYumAmericum; April 7th, 2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: asdasd

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    roragok
    Quote Originally Posted by bees View Post
    A private server without the Chinese farm bots would be lovely
    That's part of the experience. I always had gold farmers in steopes farming dragons and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiz View Post
    Roragok owns end of story also grant is soft

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    roragok
    I never did successfully pug 45 min Baron in vanllia. Got close once. Healer drank to long and got locked outside. Oh well guildless player here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdiz View Post
    Roragok owns end of story also grant is soft

I would gladly pay blizzs subscription for a legacy server.

Holy Shit
    this is like a band releasing great music, and continuing to release music, but it's 12 years later now and it's not quite the same. lots of people enjoy listening to their first album. the band decides not only to delete the first album and make it so nobody can listen to it anymore, they actively go out of their way to stop people from listening to it who have found a work around.

these are their former customers, people who have without a doubt given them lots of money over the years that they're shitting on. so fucking stupid.

Yeah, people didn't see vanilla naxx... but then wotlk reintroduced naxx so...

Idk, I don't want rehashed old content. I can understand why some people would, but for me it's really unappealing. Doing old content just seems so boring, doesn't matter if it's challenging or not. I've never been a fan of replaying games which is basically what playing on shit like Nostralius is.

I mean they could just throw in small content here and there to keep it fresh similar to 07scape. Problem is implementing content for wow is alot harder than rs and i doubt they wanna invest resources into something people will play for 6-8 months and quit
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    there is a huge difference between not knowing what people thinks about u and knowing what people thinks about u but u continue with it anyway because ure u and u dont give a shit about what online faggots think of u while u have a great life outside.

wish the game was like TBC again. Realistic, yet exciting dmg/health numbers being dealt, interesting zones and plenty of things to do. Also the raids owned. SSC is still the best raid instance to ever be designed imo.

Also I'd say PvP balance was best then, maybe Wotlk s6/7 were best balanced.

s5 was a joke. lmfao dks.

Kara for me was (and still is) the only raid I've had actual fun doing. Something about that place always puts me in a good mood.

Anyways, the number issue is going to be interesting in legion. I wasn't around for panda when they had to squish boss health numbers and stuff, but legion changes sound massive. No real pvp gear apparently, legendary world drops, artifact progression, increased tank health by a lot. I think I remember seeing a blue post about how they'll try to make the item level changes per raid tier smaller so it helps make the numbers a bit less all around but idk I need to brush up on the legion changes and read more about it all.
    remember benghazi

kara was a lot of fun, probably because 10 man raids just make people closer and everyones usually just chiller (usually). Still remember doing pulls on shade of aran and nightbane pre-nerf and that shit took so many tries. karazhan was never that difficult though but still, it was a lot of fun.

hope a game comes out with solid 10 man raiding sometime in the future, wildstar went in the opposite direction adn thought 40 mans were cool. theyre not. getting 40 people to show up on one night at a certain and not 1/4 or more of ur raid impossible.

Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast