Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Beyond Grantlike

Strategy Forum: Rules and Guidelines

What is the Strategy forum for?

In the Strategy forum we talk about DotA game play. Not casters. Not drama. Not the scene. Not streams. We talk about the game of DotA.

Rules and Guidelines:

It's okay to say whatever stupid or smart idea you have, and it's okay for anyone to call that idea smart or stupid. If someone disagrees with you don't get offended. It's not the end of the world. Just discuss!

All skill levels can post here, but keep your skill level in mind. If you are a low level player, don't post like you're a high level player. If this becomes a problem you will be warned and possibly banned. I think it is important for low level players to post thoughts and ask questions so they can get corrected when necessary and become better players. Other low level players can learn from these interactions as well. It is an awesome thing. So please, don't ruin it for everyone.

If you want to have some fun with each other with some flame here and there or some slightly off topic posts that's fine. If it goes too far off and the discussion is lost then I will hide posts/moderate.

The main section of the forum is for any kind of strategy discussion you can think of. Post guides, post questions, etc. Discuss away. Anything pertaining to a particular hero can be discussed in the hero specific threads in the sub-forum.
    Last edited by Huber; March 12th, 2016 at 04:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    LMAO Cactus you poor poor thing. That 50$ an hour (lets pretend along) won't make you a dota god son. You are stuck with your shit brain for the rest of your existence. That is true punishment.
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

Beyond Grantlike
    If you have any problems with this stuff let me know
    LMAO Cactus you poor poor thing. That 50$ an hour (lets pretend along) won't make you a dota god son. You are stuck with your shit brain for the rest of your existence. That is true punishment.
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    I like what you guys are doing with the place. Also, good on you for finding a way to incorporate prb's hero threads into all of this, I'm sure he appreciates it. Good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

go Huber with a capital H

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    hubers our man

yeah I like lower case huber more

the name I mean, not the man himself
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

go age uber
    Top 5 Anime (In Chronological Order)
    🌕 Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
    😡 Berserk (1997)
    🙏 Kyousougiga (2013)
    😵 Shinsekai Yori (2013)
    😂 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (2016)

Contenders for a 5th slot if finished: Jojo, Monogatari, Bungou Stray Dogs, Tokyo Ghoul.

Steam ID
    DBX_5
    don't necessarily agree with the low level players should shut up about their opinions on strategy and only ask questions, I know of lots of low level players that understand this game many times better then sumails or arteezy's of the world could ever dream to.

Obviously there are people who talk out of their ass about strategy and have no clue what they are talking about, but, having a rule that basically defines the fact that all low level players are horrible at the game and dont know what they are doing is wrong in my opinion.

point being, being good at the game doens't mean you know everything and being bad at the game doesn't mean you know very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    america doing its thing and showing up uninvited as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i do not give a fuck if people quote me or disagree with me. the purpose ofa forum is for people to post shit they think. if u think that's a waste of time then fuck off u inbred monkey
    i viscerally judge shit all the time but if i actually think it through, i'm almost alwyas full of shit when i do that. it feels good to type it out though, and it's funny
    it's genetics i'm not responsible for my actions
    it's fine if u have trouble understanding me. my nadota posts are written in a register several rungs above whatever squalid dialect you learned watching cereal commercials on the village television when the clouds lined up just right

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    don't necessarily agree with the low level players should shut up about their opinions on strategy and only ask questions, I know of lots of low level players that understand this game many times better then sumails or arteezy's of the world could ever dream to.
    I didn't say that

I think it is important for low level players to post thoughts
    Please read. I don't think I asked people to shut up and only ask questions. I asked people not to post as though they are higher skill than they are. I'm basically saying no numetas.

Obviously there are people who talk out of their ass about strategy and have no clue what they are talking about, but, having a rule that basically defines the fact that all low level players are horrible at the game and dont know what they are doing is wrong in my opinion.

point being, being good at the game doens't mean you know everything and being bad at the game doesn't mean you know very little.
    Low level players (like myself) are low level for a reason. We are horrible at the game. Hate to break it to you. The truth hurts.
    Last edited by Huber; March 13th, 2016 at 06:37 PM.
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

Steam ID
    capgrass
    Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    no numetas.
    Strategy forum rules simplified.

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    Forrest
    Huber didn't say low skill players shouldn't post or contribute their thoughts but if a 9k player says X and a 1k player says he's wrong and it turns into a debacle the 1k player should probably just lose his privilege to post with the 9k

Steam ID
    DBX_5
    Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    I didn't say that

Please read. I don't think I asked people to shut up and only ask questions. I asked people not to post as though they are higher skill than they are. I'm basically saying no numetas.

Low level players (like myself) are low level for a reason. We are horrible at the game. Hate to break it to you. The truth hurts.
    its the wording of the post not the idea that bugs me, imo dont use some read-between-the-lines crap to push an agenda. as for the argument that low level players will always be low level players because they are horrible at the game... lets agree to disagree on that one..
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    america doing its thing and showing up uninvited as usual
    i do not give a fuck if people quote me or disagree with me. the purpose ofa forum is for people to post shit they think. if u think that's a waste of time then fuck off u inbred monkey
    i viscerally judge shit all the time but if i actually think it through, i'm almost alwyas full of shit when i do that. it feels good to type it out though, and it's funny
    it's genetics i'm not responsible for my actions
    it's fine if u have trouble understanding me. my nadota posts are written in a register several rungs above whatever squalid dialect you learned watching cereal commercials on the village television when the clouds lined up just right

low level players will always be low level players because they are horrible at the game... lets agree to disagree on that one..
    Huber never said that bad players will always stay bad players. I mean, one of MVP's players was apparently 3k when ranked came out and then played hard for two years straight and now is on Major-attending pro team.

He just meant that if you're 2k or whatever, no amount of claiming shit like "I have amazing gamesense, just bad technical skill" or "I know everything about dota but can never lead my team to victory" actually makes you good, so at the end of the day if you're 2k, you are 2k and that is for a damn good reason.

And the people who make those types of claims are usually delusional and annoying as hell to talk Strategy with, especially because the low MMR meta is so different from the 6k+ pub/competitive meta

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    Forrest
    The difference in a good player and a bad player isn't just mechanical skill - it's their understanding of the game too. Sure a 2k player might have say soemthing profound but if a 2k player says it then it isn't legit until a good player approves of it. That's just the way it is

Beyond Grantlike
    Alright dude you need to learn to read this is embarassing
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

Banned
    Steam ID
    Flatsix
    uh what the fuck are we arguing about

I like when 3k players talk about strategy because atleast they actually want to talk about it. Why is this forum filled with 5k+ players and yet the strategy section is completely dead? I actually like talking about strategy in this game so if the 3ks want to discuss it let them, as long as they are not obnoxious about it like that sawyer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by kotichaz View Post
    I like when 3k players talk about strategy because atleast they actually want to talk about it. Why is this forum filled with 5k+ players and yet the strategy section is completely dead? I actually like talking about strategy in this game so if the 3ks want to discuss it let them, as long as they are not obnoxious about it like that sawyer guy.
    not al ot of people acutalyl play dota here lmao,

this forum shoudl actualyl be renamed to angry young adult that have no other outlet to make fun of other people

yathnootmfoop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast