Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Steam ID
    Flatsix
    Quote Originally Posted by tk_ View Post
    imagine if you picked jazz as a major when you were applying for universities
    I've made more money in the last 3 months than you have in your entire life LMAO

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    didn't you perform in one of the big new york venues recently flatsix? or are preparing to
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

well if he does that then he wins

i speak for everyone when i say tk is an abomination

make me the fucking president and i'll fix all of your problems lads

Banned
    Steam ID
    Flatsix
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    didn't you perform in one of the big new york venues recently flatsix? or are preparing to
    last January I played at dizzy's club for a couple hits but that was more for enjoyment than anything

Banned
    Steam ID
    Flatsix
    pepper should be a mod

mrw lion walks to the radiant ancients to ward before rune spawn

Steam ID
    miasma
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    reminder that laughter is currently slightly edging out Dendi for best poster on the forum
    i realize you love reddit but this is a stretch

Beyond Grantlike Orrin"I make girls wet"Xu's Avatar
    Steam ID
    twitter.com/harodihg
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    i realize you love reddit but this is a stretch
    stfu

Steam ID
    miasma
    oh god...i think i'm gonna throw up...

nevermind i'm good

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slithereen View Post
    mrw lion walks to the radiant ancients to ward before rune spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

This isn't a guide about improving your game mechanics or farm efficiency. This is just some advice, which to me should be obvious but my experience with Dota has shown otherwise. This has applications outside of Dota and will potentially help you progress in any merit based field throughout your life.
    Enough suspense. Since we love memes, this can be summed up with 2 quotes from The Rock: "Know your role and shut your mouth. (Jabroni)" and "It doesn't matter what you think." Essentially, learn to acknowledge your betters.
    Now most Dota games consist of players of relatively close MMR. Most of the 2k games with team infighting and accusations of 'noob' are the proverbial pot calling the kettle black. Minor differences in MMR (personally I'd say even so far as 500+-) don't really mean much. However the greater the difference, the safer it is to assume that this person is indeed a better player than you. Sometimes you get matched with a person who is significantly higher than you. Typically this happens when that person is in a party and has significantly higher solo than party MMR. This also happens naturally in solo queue at around 4.3k+. This is why these players get a special mention, congratulations you've made it into the top 1% or so of all players, and going forward the player base thins out so much that sometimes you get 6k+ players dumped into 4k avg games. The 6k+ players stuck in these games though, more often than not...they. fucking. hate it.
    Full disclosure, I too am a mid4k scrub at the moment so I can't truly speak for these 6kers but I believe I have a very good idea of why they hate it so much. (And if 6k peeps read this, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) Part of it is surely because they'd rather be challenged by their 6k peers but that's not the brunt of it. The main reason is that the 4k scrubs they're playing with, quite often, are so smug and full of themselves that they believe themselves equal if not better. This is a huge problem because...sorry 4k bros but the vast extreme, I can't emphasize this enough, majority of the time you are not. The problem with presuming yourself the equal of a superior player, is that you're less inclined to listen to them. You could be treating this as a valuable opportunity to learn from someone, but instead you're busy fighting this guy over mid - and if the other team also has a 6k who goes mid vs you (and who didn't buy their account) then more likely than not you will finish 1-12-4 struggling to come up with excuses for why it's not your fault.
    I've seen this happen often enough but what compelled me to make this post is a special case I witnessed the other day. Our team had a TI winner on it. He had to pick relatively early because half the team felt they needed to hide their brilliant drafting skills (from both teams) til 4th or 5th pick. We get to 5th pick. We need a second support. Our first support is a KotL. The enemy has a bounty. TI winner says "Even at 4k BH is obnoxious. Can you please get sentries and a support that can roam mid. Spirit breaker would be great." We wait in anticipation as the timer ticks to zero and our 5th player continues to scroll through heroes seemingly at random and we get....Oracle. Nice. The person who has won the biggest Dota 2 tournament and does this for a living asks 1 simple request from you...and you can't grant that cause you know better. (PS: He didn't get sentries either, from either support iirc.) He still did quite well all things considered, but he couldn't really snowball, and it seemed like half our team was doing their best to undermine him. WHY? Him being a known pro player made it, to me, particularly egregious but even if he wasn't if he was just some random nobody that is over 2k mmr above you...might you entertain the notion that he might know what he's talking about and it's worth entertaining doing the thing that he politely asked of you?
    That problem is endemic to Dota across brackets. Sometimes I play with friends who are half my MMR or less and the same thing happens. Now hey low 2k players, I am not Arteezy, or Miracle, whomever your Dota idol is. I'm not even close. But newsflash, 4.5k is quite a big leap from 2.1k. It is safe to assume that I play better than you, and that I know better than you. Even if you don't, I understand this, and have adjusted accordingly. I am not interested in flaming every little mistake you make or micromanaging what you should be doing. Those games tend to go one of 2 ways for me: Either the team listens to the little things I ask ("Hey guys, it's 8m, can someone make the chick fly please?" "TP is on cd 15s. Don't fight that. Stick by the tower.") and games are easy, or they actively ignore and do the opposite of what I ask which usually results in unnecessary deaths and the game becomes entirely dependent on if I am able to snowball in spite of everything vs a fed enemy.
    This advice, should you choose to heed it, will serve you well in life in any field that has a high skill and\or knowledge ceiling. I, as a good but not exceptional guitarist, have had the pleasure to sit in with some truly world class musicians (arguably living legends). In these cases, I've treated it like an honor, studied what they do, and if they tell me to play a chord progression I'm happy to oblige. I don't start blasting fuzzbox solos every time they try to speak. Good luck going through medical school when you're asked to assist on an operation and when the head surgeon asks you for a scalpel you reply "Nah fuck you, have some forceps cause I said so." Good luck staying on a film shoot when you, the intern, start condescendingly lecturing the director of photography how to capture this next shot. And so on and so forth.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by orion View Post
    haha but its ok becAUSE Im a SUpport PLaYER guise.... dont flame me im A SUPPORT
    dont flame me i j ust died 20 times and cost the game and have no spatial awareness its a fucking miracle im still alive (average reddit doturd)

i think everyone on that place is a support cuck or something they must get off when a bull like me mounts their towers flicking their little bean dicks

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    amazing that people avoid visage like the plague when hes fun as balls to play

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    bet u could play x hero

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gook_slayer_420 View Post
    dont flame me i j ust died 20 times and cost the game and have no spatial awareness its a fucking miracle im still alive (average reddit doturd)
    sounds like mike playing offlane except he still wins somehow

Holy Shit
    when you're dual laning with a disruptor as antimage and he runs at the offlaner at level 1 and says "lets firstblood him" and proceeds to take 400 damage and fuck up the lane before flaming you and leaving the lane forever

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    well hopefully you didnt pick am or you deserve him
    Quote Originally Posted by gook_slayer_420 View Post
    you're not a top poster
    ]

Holy Shit
    hey man am used to be a good hero..

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by flatsix View Post
    I've made more money in the last 3 months than you have in your entire life LMAO
    Youre also like 8 years older than me retard

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast