Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21
    Godlike Krazy Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,468
    That's like suing a cookware company for selling your wife the frying pan that she hit you with.

  2. #22
    Wicked Sick dmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,356
    Steam ID
    the shy
    cant this case just be thrown out of court

    holy shit its just like people who eat at mcdonalds every day suing them for getting fat

  3. #23
    Mega Kill Katsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    412
    Steam ID
    STEAM_0:1:161743422
    Quote Originally Posted by dmx View Post
    cant this case just be thrown out of court

    holy shit its just like people who eat at mcdonalds every day suing them for getting fat
    I wouldn't be surprised if there was actually a case like that already.

  4. #24
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,836
    the problem here is that people like OP and the guy suing dont have a very good idea of how valve and betting sites work. ive been betting for awhile and made over 6 figures just from betting on csgo matches and i find it unlikely anything is going to come out of this case. yes, its inevitable that betting will die or be 'regulated' at some point in time but not from these ignorant little kids throwing a hissy fit.

    this shit has also been going on for years before csgo was even a thing if anyone forgot what dota2lounge was.
    Last edited by OhMyDog; June 25th, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

  5. #25
    Mega Kill
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    475
    this lawsuit won't do much for the guy he's probably losing even more money now, but maybe some dickheads from fox news will pick up on it and turn the spotlight over onto the seemingly innocent looking kids pissing away their mommy's money on online gambling while staring down at their monitor in a dark room (concluding that the online games are the root of all evils) that might lead to real regulations

    but this Mcleod retard is gonna end up being homeless real soon, so that's coo.
    Last edited by issc; June 25th, 2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: mcleod

  6. #26
    Wicked Sick dmx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,356
    Steam ID
    the shy
    yea $25k in unncecessary legal fees LUL

    and hes not gonna be homeless as long as his mom's basement exists

    LUL

  7. #27
    if valve allows people to post links to their betting sites, advertisements, etc (including those guys in cs mm whose names are 'Username | CSGOgamble.com') then technically they are guilty for allowing the perpetuation of children/retards gambling away items

  8. #28
    It's especially an issue if you have underaged people gambling, so say goodbye to ur betting shit one day

  9. #29
    M-M-M-Monster Kill DBX_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC CANADA
    Posts
    1,636
    Steam ID
    DBX_5
    Quote Originally Posted by gook_slayer_420 View Post
    u got the worst avatar on his site not flame

    change it and maybe i'll read what u say
    thats wack jack

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyDog View Post
    the problem here is that people like OP and the guy suing dont have a very good idea of how valve and betting sites work. ive been betting for awhile and made over 6 figures just from betting on csgo matches and i find it unlikely anything is going to come out of this case. yes, its inevitable that betting will die or be 'regulated' at some point in time but not from these ignorant little kids throwing a hissy fit.

    this shit has also been going on for years before csgo was even a thing if anyone forgot what dota2lounge was.
    never claimed to know how it works,, though if 3rd party sites are operating illegally and allowing children to bet money/monetary items(chips) on game then it is a problem that valve will/should fix. chances are not much will come out of the case other then valve making it harder for players to bet/sell things on 3rd party sites without more integration with valve so they know the sites both are operating properly and legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    america doing its thing and showing up uninvited as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i do not give a fuck if people quote me or disagree with me. the purpose ofa forum is for people to post shit they think. if u think that's a waste of time then fuck off u inbred monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i viscerally judge shit all the time but if i actually think it through, i'm almost alwyas full of shit when i do that. it feels good to type it out though, and it's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's genetics i'm not responsible for my actions
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's fine if u have trouble understanding me. my nadota posts are written in a register several rungs above whatever squalid dialect you learned watching cereal commercials on the village television when the clouds lined up just right

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    It's especially an issue if you have underaged people gambling, so say goodbye to ur betting shit one day
    It's a huge issue. Agree 100%.

    The problem is Valve is a private company. E-Sports betting with skins is ahead of our governments time. I know someone that's made a decent sum about betting profits and I asked him why he didn't keep it on the DL. TLDR: He said he'd be glad to be the first person tried in court as new policies and laws are attempted to be made.

    Valve being private... we're not going to see any action by our federal government until the money comes near soccer, tennis, march madness, etc.. It's no where close and imo they wont waste time on it at the moment.

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by issc View Post
    this lawsuit won't do much for the guy he's probably losing even more money now, but maybe some dickheads from fox news will pick up on it and turn the spotlight over onto the seemingly innocent looking kids pissing away their mommy's money on online gambling while staring down at their monitor in a dark room (concluding that the online games are the root of all evils) that might lead to real regulations

    but this Mcleod retard is gonna end up being homeless real soon, so that's coo.
    Missed this but yeah what he said

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    tripple post fml

    and we've completely ignored anon btc betting sites in this conversation (gg lol)

    Ever seen Nitrogen during one of the majors? It looks like twitch chat... well, it' twitch chat reincarnated.

  13. #33
    M-M-M-Monster Kill DBX_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC CANADA
    Posts
    1,636
    Steam ID
    DBX_5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares_The_Come_Up View Post
    Valve being private... we're not going to see any action by our federal government until the money comes near soccer, tennis, march madness, etc.. It's no where close and imo they wont waste time on it at the moment.
    I recall someone saying it was near 2 billion in trades/bets going on,
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    america doing its thing and showing up uninvited as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i do not give a fuck if people quote me or disagree with me. the purpose ofa forum is for people to post shit they think. if u think that's a waste of time then fuck off u inbred monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i viscerally judge shit all the time but if i actually think it through, i'm almost alwyas full of shit when i do that. it feels good to type it out though, and it's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's genetics i'm not responsible for my actions
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's fine if u have trouble understanding me. my nadota posts are written in a register several rungs above whatever squalid dialect you learned watching cereal commercials on the village television when the clouds lined up just right

  14. #34
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    thats wack jack



    never claimed to know how it works,, though if 3rd party sites are operating illegally and allowing children to bet money/monetary items(chips) on game then it is a problem that valve will/should fix. chances are not much will come out of the case other then valve making it harder for players to bet/sell things on 3rd party sites without more integration with valve so they know the sites both are operating properly and legally.
    tell me exactly what is illegal about how they are operating. you're spouting out of your ass. yes, it's illegal in some american legal context in certain states, online/offline, sports betting, etc but most of these types of sites operate offshores and out of the reach. and even then, not much can be done. and if we're speaking on technicality, then most of these sites actually don't allow minors to bet, they just dont actively monitor and confirm each individual. valve have always worked against fraud and such in the marketplace, hence forced two-factor authentication and etc. you keep saying 'operating properly and legally' but you have no idea about how valve and these third parties really operate as you've said so yourself. this is besides the fact that its a very grey area and a huge mess with no clear cut rules. and you'd be stupid to think it isn't already on the radar of whatever governments and authority already. it's just difficult and not very profitable to address. maybe cite something factual instead of making vague assumptions. gamblings federally legal and i dont think using minors betting as an argument will get too far.

    again, im not saying its impossible for anything to be done about gambling and these betting sites but its just very unlikely at this point in time. the only real confirmed instances thats happened so far is the closure of some UK csgo gambling sites most notably caster/personality HenryG's EZSkins (probably for not having required licenses, etc).
    Last edited by OhMyDog; June 25th, 2016 at 05:08 PM.

  15. #35
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    if valve allows people to post links to their betting sites, advertisements, etc (including those guys in cs mm whose names are 'Username | CSGOgamble.com') then technically they are guilty for allowing the perpetuation of children/retards gambling away items
    yet people are also allowed to put all types of hate speech in their usernames too . yeah they could blacklist or censor some of those sites but this relates very little to the main argument that the guy suing is making.

  16. #36
    M-M-M-Monster Kill DBX_5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC CANADA
    Posts
    1,636
    Steam ID
    DBX_5
    I think you think I am arguing with you when I am not, the article doesn't really give enough information in the first place to actually make a detailed decision if whats happening is illegal or that valve knows/is complicit with these 3rd party sites and the assumed illegal dealing primarily in regards to minors being able to access and use the system is actually tue.

    I dont actually know the full extent of how this would be possible because I don't gamble either in real life or on games like cs go/dota2 so my input is limited, but, that doesn't mean I am not interested in the potential backlash that could ensue if the case actually has some legitimacy to it. Primarily I am curious more so how it would effect the pricing of items especially in dota2 where I have seen item packs for as much 5000$.
    Quote Originally Posted by nihil. View Post
    america doing its thing and showing up uninvited as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i do not give a fuck if people quote me or disagree with me. the purpose ofa forum is for people to post shit they think. if u think that's a waste of time then fuck off u inbred monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    i viscerally judge shit all the time but if i actually think it through, i'm almost alwyas full of shit when i do that. it feels good to type it out though, and it's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's genetics i'm not responsible for my actions
    Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    it's fine if u have trouble understanding me. my nadota posts are written in a register several rungs above whatever squalid dialect you learned watching cereal commercials on the village television when the clouds lined up just right

  17. #37
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,836
    the article doesnt give enough information but a lot of that information is already known or out there. like i said, valve and most authorities aren't stupid and know this is a thing already. i don't know what you mean by 'minors being able to access and use the system'. access and use what system? connecting their steam accounts to third parties using steam authentication and their API?

    i dont think anything big is going to come out of this and even if anything does, there will be work arounds unless valve can somehow force skins to be untradable or have no monetary value. but like you said, thats not even the argument here. i don't see an easy way for valve to monitor age of each user and if they are betting on third party platforms without eliminating betting altogether as these third parties operate independently from valve.
    Last edited by OhMyDog; June 25th, 2016 at 05:29 PM.

  18. #38
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    6,241
    Dbx doesn't know what he's talking about? Amazing...
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    if god doesn't have a sense of humor, why did he put a turbo-clit in my ass? food for thought

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    I think you think I am arguing with you when I am not, the article doesn't really give enough information in the first place to actually make a detailed decision if whats happening is illegal or that valve knows/is complicit with these 3rd party sites and the assumed illegal dealing primarily in regards to minors being able to access and use the system is actually tue.

    I dont actually know the full extent of how this would be possible because I don't gamble either in real life or on games like cs go/dota2 so my input is limited, but, that doesn't mean I am not interested in the potential backlash that could ensue if the case actually has some legitimacy to it. Primarily I am curious more so how it would effect the pricing of items especially in dota2 where I have seen item packs for as much 5000$.
    Imagine you went to a literal casino and Said take my items and give me chips to gamble and the guy purposely chose not to check your ID because you're clearly loaded

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    I recall someone saying it was near 2 billion in trades/bets going on,
    Total or just his case? I havent had time to skim it yet but easily 10billion if you take dota2 into account.
    CSGL and D2L operates out of SEA and VPGame (dota 2 Chineese betting site run by the manager of lgd and cdec - so, I read at least named the "Emperoress".


    The only thing I can think of that Valve could be held accountable for at the moment is whitelisting these betting sites bots. Highly unlikely. Completely guessing but they're hoping Valve settles and they get something. I highly doubt there are any expectations of Valve losing.
    Last edited by Ares_The_Come_Up; June 25th, 2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: 2nd paragraph

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •