Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Skimmed it. He is naming OPSkins of being involved in a conspiracy with Valve? He doesn't even target the gambling sites lol. OPSkins is very by-the-book. If you cash out BTC they require your SS number, photo ID, etc.. just like any other exchange (my cus was bitching about it before and he was w/ them in the start).

I'll ask him about it since all my info is 2nd hand but he has most vpgame admins on skype and d2l on steam.. but results will be the same nevertheless.. this case looks like a joke at first glance

Banned
    Blah, this case is junk. Unless someone has proof (its not public yet) that Valve has ties, mainly Gabe Newell (if your goal was to take down Valve) they pre-meditated or conspired this it's bogus.

for kids gambling it's no different than WoW, iTunes Store, or any other microtransaction. it's their guardians responsibility... it's like blaming Columbine just with gambling over ... that.

Unless evidence is brought to light that directly implicates Valve this will be swept or should be swept under the rug. I don't disagree it's a huge business enabling children but in the end it's not Valve's responsibility to police every users when their user agreement is clear.

I feel a lot of information is inaccurate in this report and bloombergs.

It's junk but this is gonna be squashed when Hillarys in office
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares_The_Come_Up View Post
    Skimmed it. He is naming OPSkins of being involved in a conspiracy with Valve? He doesn't even target the gambling sites lol. OPSkins is very by-the-book. If you cash out BTC they require your SS number, photo ID, etc.. just like any other exchange (my cus was bitching about it before and he was w/ them in the start).

I'll ask him about it since all my info is 2nd hand but he has most vpgame admins on skype and d2l on steam.. but results will be the same nevertheless.. this case looks like a joke at first glance
    i dont use bitcoin but you dont need identification to cash out on opskins but for adding funds to your account, you need identification. this has nothing to do with minors gambling or anything, its for protection against fraud and chargebacks as its a huge problem for them in their business.

Remember when Hillary endorsed jack Thompson

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

I mean skin betting isn't cool if I can't play poker

whats a Sans battlefury

If nothing happens I'm making a poker site for skins

whats a Sans battlefury

Holy Shit
    Total or just his case? I havent had time to skim it yet but easily 10billion if you take dota2 into account.
    CSGL and D2L operates out of SEA and VPGame (dota 2 Chineese betting site run by the manager of lgd and cdec - so, I read at least named the "Emperoress".

The only thing I can think of that Valve could be held accountable for at the moment is whitelisting these betting sites bots. Highly unlikely. Completely guessing but they're hoping Valve settles and they get something. I highly doubt there are any expectations of Valve losing.
    dunno where you got your info but csgl and d2l are owned by some polish guy and theres some links to suggest there might be ties to g2a too.

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    If nothing happens I'm making a poker site for skins
    theres already a poker site for skins dumbass

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OhMyDog View Post
    i dont use bitcoin but you dont need identification to cash out on opskins but for adding funds to your account, you need identification. this has nothing to do with minors gambling or anything, its for protection against fraud and chargebacks as its a huge problem for them in their business.
    Well, BTC is anonymous (pseduo anonymous at least). Their based out of Canada. Valve requires you to file a SS # after 200 market transactions to report to the iRS on each account 200 or over.

Valve already makes money by the items going on Steam Market... what the hell could they possibly gain to risk all of this... to allow people to by-pass the market 7 day cooldown for gamblers?

I find it highly unlikely.

dunno where you got your info but csgl and d2l are owned by some polish guy and theres some links to suggest there might be ties to g2a too.
    I was refering to their Admins on Steam and in the Steam group that handle the day to day operations of the site. Like this guy https://steamcommunity.com/id/007BlackBurn
    Last edited by Ares_The_Come_Up; June 25th, 2016 at 09:45 PM.

theres already a poker site for skins dumbass
    They both looked like garbage on my phone I just assume their web UI is likely garbage

whats a Sans battlefury

Holy Shit
    Well, BTC is anonymous (pseduo anonymous at least). Their based out of Canada. Valve requires you to file a SS # after 200 market transactions to report to the iRS on each account 200 or over.

Valve already makes money by the items going on Steam Market... what the hell could they possibly gain to risk all of this... to allow people to by-pass the market 7 day cooldown for gamblers?

I find it highly unlikely.
    i dont see what you're getting at. ya, opskins is based in montreal. that's only true if you're american and i'm not american so i've never had to deal with it. but i know people who are american and have sold thousands on the steam market and outside of it, they get taxed for income if they make enough but that's not because of the steam market. this doesn't really matter though because every big bettor just uses opskins or sells directly. it takes too long with forced two-factor authentication and its not even that more profitable converting skins to steam bucks and then to keys to sell.

i dont get the connection to the steam market. no big bettor uses the steam market to cash out. takes too long and and valve's commission and tax eats at the profit. and there's only a 600 dollar limit you can have per steam account.

Banned
    i dont see what you're getting at. ya, opskins is based in montreal. that's only true if you're american and i'm not american so i've never had to deal with it. but i know people who have sold thousands on the steam market and are american, they get taxed for income if they make enough but that's not because of the steam market. this doesn't really matter though because every big bettor just uses opskins. it takes too long with forced two-factor authentication and its not even that more profitable converting skins to steam bucks and then to keys to sell.

i dont get the connection to the steam market. no big bettor uses the steam market to cash out. takes too long and and valve's commission and tax eats at the profit. and there's only a 600 dollar limit you can have per steam account.
    I am trying to determine what reason Valve has for the kickbacks on OPSkins, lootmarket (maybe?), but mainly opskins.

I live in the States and ofc you can use a proxy and burner paypal accounts etc... but how does this implicate Valve? Did I miss something?

Steam ID
    orionrm
    it doesn't implicate valve I'm fairly certain the guy is just an ape mad tht he lost his skins
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    That's why no one likes you

Holy Shit
    i dont get it

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by orion View Post
    it doesn't implicate valve I'm fairly certain the guy is just an ape mad tht he lost his skins
    pretty much

Godlike
    Steam ID
    zerfax1
    I'm about to sue valve over all these random memory leaks and fps drops

Banned
    Im really gonna have to go read this entire case now cus of you !!!!!

Steam ID
    orionrm
    WAAH WAAH IM 18 YEARS OLD AND ENTITLED TO MY MONEY AND IM MAD I THREW IT AWAY ON GAMBLING SITES THAT ARE BLATANTLY -EV

WAAH WAAH MOMMY PAY FOR A LAWYER
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    That's why no one likes you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zerfax View Post
    I'm about to sue valve over all these random memory leaks and fps drops
    is this a known issue? I remember having to restart reborn but that was forever ago it feels

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast