Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs

Ember spirit: Double daedalus or double battle fury?

Based on my experience, I think it is generally better to get a double daedalus build although people argue that double battle fury is better simply because of the double cleave.

I think with pseudo-random distribution, you should land on average a crit every other attack, which destroys people single target.

Most games smart players will try their best not to group up, but of course in a dream situation for an ember player, everyone is grouped up late game trying to focus down the tower or your teammates, then you come in with a double cleave daedalus attack and just wipe everyone down to dust, but how likely is this to occur?

Based on my experience of having gone both item builds several times with the hero, I feel like double daedalus has provided me with much higher damage in team fights where everyone is spread and even the difference between double daedalus and double battlefury when the team is grouped up does not make a big difference in DPS because your crit chance drops down to about 1 every 3.3 attacks, while with double daedalus you will crit on average every 1.7-2.6 attacks, the variance is because I'm still not sure if both daedalus operate on their own PRD chance, or share the same PRD chance because they are the same item, that is if one daedalus procs, then it resets the counter on both, or if each have their own individual counter where if one procs, then it doesn't check if the second procs, and if the first doesn't proc, then the second then checks to see if it procs.

If it's the situation where both share the same counter, then it's 1.7, if not then it's 2.6, but either way, landing a crit by every 2nd or 3rd attack on average is pretty insane when you use SOF on a team fight which is guaranteed damage whereas the double battlefury requires teams to be grouped within 280 radius of each other, that can be difficult.

What are other players opinions about the item build and their own experience on this?
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    why did u make a new thread for this and not just post it in the ember thread

anywya i dont think ive ever seen an ember not go 1 bfury into 1 daedalus so i dont really understand what ur asking. if ur tryign to compare 2 bfury + 1 daedulus vs 1 bfury + 2 daedalus then yes the latter is always better but if ur a good ember player and not already in a game winning state then ur 3rd damage item would usaully be a rapier instead of a 2nd daedulus. and if u r already in a game winning state then usaully a linkens or skadi is bought instead of daeudlus since ur probabyl not desperate for damage and might as well play the game safe. sometimes mkb is also bought if they have evasion. so yeah 2 daedalus shouldnt really be that common for ember in most games.
    Last edited by WwD; July 5th, 2016 at 07:13 AM.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    Well, I usually only pick ember in games where the other team has already picked heroes with few lockdown abilities, but generally I will farm a manta or linkins after the bfury if they're really trying to kill me with stuff like orchids or sheep, anyway I don't think double daedalus is worse than going straight rapier, sometimes you err on the side of caution and his damage is respectable even with daedalus vs rapier, if the game gets long and I get six slotted, I will sell a daedalus for a rapier, so my final six slot usually looks like BoT, 2x bfury, daedalus, rapier, and linkins/manta.
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    u shoudl really just learn to use blink if you want to improve ur ember build

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    I do use blink sometimes, problem is getting to ultra late game, what items are you planning to hold?

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Wongs
    blink dagger

Dominating
    Wongs
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    I do use blink sometimes, problem is getting to ultra late game, what items are you planning to hold?
    bots, bf, daedalus x 2 , blink dagger rapier or somethine lse

Steam ID
    dieseramer88
    Wongs
    is crit x2 better than linkens crit
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmagininja View Post
    comrade pepper shall we lynch magic
    sure comrade dendi what do u think comrade retard?

crhrjfbdifbfkcbexocrosk1utwshok -amerchi

Wongs
    Idk this heros garbage no mayter what you build on him

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Wongs
    yea, i think this meta has not been kind to ember spirit