Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tabletop games

smash up

fire all over [twitch.tv/the_kittening]

Quote Originally Posted by magicmagininja View Post
    is there online tt id be interested if on sunday mronings we all get together or smth
    What games would people be interested in? I'd buy the tabletop simulator on steam once I get a new computer if enough are interested; I've heard it's really good and you can play like any game
    nadota.com!

Steam ID
    hugefaglord
    i already have tabletop sim just havent actually used it for anything yet
    Hey Korok I'm trying to learn to play clockwerk. I just have a question about the skill build. Should I max Battery assault, like you committed battery and assaulted your girlfriend, Hook shot so I can punch my girlfriend's lights out, or rocket flare like the police fired in their pursuit and arrest of you.

:beaten:

Quote Originally Posted by ZiMaNdGiR View Post
    http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...se+on+the+Hill

has anyone played this? idk where else to ask about a game like this
    I played two games of this last night with the Widow's Walk expansion. Very, very fun and easy to learn. I was traitor the first game and one of the heroes the second game. Mechanics for both were fun and I like how the traitor mechanics work with the different win conditions, etc
    nadota.com!

Banned
    the 7 wonders: duel expansion looks cool.

also anyone want to play https://en.boardgamearena.com/

i play race for the galaxy and puerto rico on the site because i dont know the other games. thinking i wanna learn keyflower and give it a try.

Banned
    new stuff we ran over the holidays

samurai - cool game. very simple and elegant mechanics. only got to play the 2 player variant. seems the game play would change for the better when the board is scaled up for 3 or 4. going first seems too strong in 2-player. going to try some of the variants that account for this and limit some of the first player hexes
    patchwork - finally found someone that had this one. brilliant game. only got to play twice and really wanted to play more. is annoying if you play with someone that is tryharding and counting several turns ahead because it slows the game down considerably. probably gonna buy this one next time i see a good price on a canadian site.
    secret hitler - kind of a reinterpretation of avalon. we played out avalon a bit too much so this was a nice breath of fresh air. managed to get a few 10-mans going that got really intense near the end. the randomly drawing cards part of the game kind of obfuscates the info you can get out of policies being played. game seem sort of hard for the liberals with certain group sizes if the fascists play it right. basically in 9-mans if one liberal gets killed the fascists can just vote down every government and just count on the random draws. term limits solves one of avalon's issues that would sometimes lead to blowouts for Arthur. a lot more random than avalon but in a good way imo.
    codenames: pictures - new version of last years breakout. basically just codenames with pictures instead of words and a smaller 4x5 grid. wasn't a big fan of this one. i found the smaller grid just made the game easier. the pictures also aren't symmetric so it's annoying to have to take a close look at them if they are inverted whereas having the words upside down wasn't a big issue in the previous version. it's still codenames so it's great but definitely worse than the original.

Definitely think Secret Hitler is way more fun than Avalon. Different board set ups for different powers on certain spots could fix your problems with certain amounts of players
    nadota.com!

Banned
    yeah think we're gonna try to figure out some variant when we have odd player counts.

Banned
    just ordered patchwork.

going to take a break from buying games but think my eventual next purchase will either be concordia or scythe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123