Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tabletop games

Beyond Grantlike
    I only played without expansion once then went straight to 1910 so idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    LMAO Cactus you poor poor thing. That 50$ an hour (lets pretend along) won't make you a dota god son. You are stuck with your shit brain for the rest of your existence. That is true punishment.
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    my family tries to play this shit and i dont like them so i got a bad taste in my mouth regarding tt
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_sea...se+on+the+Hill

has anyone played this? idk where else to ask about a game like this
    bullshit you fucking miss me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiMaNdGiR View Post

Boardgamegeek is usually pretty spot on if you actually read some reviews. Helps to know what kind of mechanics you like to play with and shit

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/10547/betrayal-house-hill

Banned
    i actually wanna invest into a co-op game but the people i play with aren't into co-op at all so it would just collect dust

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grimelines View Post
    i actually wanna invest into a co-op game but the people i play with aren't into co-op at all so it would just collect dust
    There's no way anyone could not be into pandemic

Banned
    think if i brought pandemic to the table everyone would just zone out and start looking at their phones instead of trying to learn. my group sux i need new people to play with.

pandemic legacy looks cool tho

Quote Originally Posted by electrowizard View Post
    Boardgamegeek is usually pretty spot on if you actually read some reviews. Helps to know what kind of mechanics you like to play with and shit

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...yal-house-hill
    tyty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grimelines View Post
    think if i brought pandemic to the table everyone would just zone out and start looking at their phones instead of trying to learn. my group sux i need new people to play with.

pandemic legacy looks cool tho
    Pandemic is fun af and actually difficult with at least 4 people on the hardest difficulty. I subbed in for legacy halfway through since I was across the country when they started and it's pretty good, but I'd go with the original first

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by ZiMaNdGiR View Post

Yes this was the game I was talking about in my post. very fun. Not like super deep or strategic, but it is definitely fun. Book of scenarios makes it worth a buy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huber View Post
    Oh and I forgot the Avalon Hill Games. They sold okay. Betrayal at House on the Hill was the best one free. It's not like a super good game but it's very fun with a group of friends. Also great replay value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    LMAO Cactus you poor poor thing. That 50$ an hour (lets pretend along) won't make you a dota god son. You are stuck with your shit brain for the rest of your existence. That is true punishment.
    אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

I wasnt trying to make myself look retarded I swear

Banned
    got to try 7 wonders: duel over the weekend and played it about 5 or 6 times.

great game.

not sure about the balance yet. all our games went to civilian victory. granted neither of us all-in'd on military or science in any game but from a first impression the military and science win conditions seem extremely hard to achieve if the right progress tokens aren't in the supply or if you don't luck out the progress draw from the library wonder. also some of the wonders seem way stronger than others. i kept wanting to try to do one of those strategies but they always just seemed bad given the board.

Beyond Grantlike
    me annd my friends got twilight imperium

pretty cool stuff

I'm thinking about trying out a proper war game like Washington's War/We The People.

I tried playing Axis & Allies with my friends a few times and all the dice chucking is fucking bullshit and too random. It's also not balanced correctly since you can just backdoor invade Russia with Japan whenevs and scissor them between Germany taking them out before America/British colonies can begin applying any pressure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    I'm thinking about trying out a proper war game like Washington's War/We The People.

I tried playing Axis & Allies with my friends a few times and all the dice chucking is fucking bullshit and too random. It's also not balanced correctly since you can just backdoor invade Russia with Japan whenevs and scissor them between Germany taking them out before America/British colonies can begin applying any pressure.
    For the People is a strictly better version of We the People. I used to play wargames with Herman. Once a month him and all his co-workers would meet and play war games at his office when I was like 10; shit was lit af. Herman is a brilliant dude
    Last edited by electrowizard; August 24th, 2016 at 12:22 AM.

Banned
    Havent played Washington's War but I'll definitely pick it up. SPQR and Pacific War are also pretty lit, but I've only played them a couple times each. I used to play For the People a shitton on some online client, but it's probably been at least 6-8 years

Not a Herman game, but the last war game I was really into was Federation Commander. Definitely worth checking out if you like Trek at all, but really fun even if you don't. I love the power allocation system and how it can scale from a 1v1 fight to massive fleet battles
    Last edited by electrowizard; August 24th, 2016 at 12:21 AM.

Steam ID
    hugefaglord
    trying to get a group together to finally play a descent campaign
    Hey Korok I'm trying to learn to play clockwerk. I just have a question about the skill build. Should I max Battery assault, like you committed battery and assaulted your girlfriend, Hook shot so I can punch my girlfriend's lights out, or rocket flare like the police fired in their pursuit and arrest of you.

:beaten:

Quote Originally Posted by electrowizard View Post
    For the People is a strictly better version of We the People. I used to play wargames with Herman. Once a month him and all his co-workers would meet and play war games at his office when I was like 10; shit was lit af. Herman is a brilliant dude
    Wow that's awesome, that guy seems to have quite the reputation. Washington's War seems like it would be pretty fun since it is streamlined and plays very quickly so you can get at least a couple games in on both sides in an evening.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    Wow that's awesome, that guy seems to have quite the reputation. Washington's War seems like it would be pretty fun since it is streamlined and plays very quickly so you can get at least a couple games in on both sides in an evening.
    Interesting. For the people was always at least a 3-4 hour affair, more often 6-8. It's weird, I just kind of realized that one of the best war game designers introduced me to board games. Agricola, Catan, and munchkin were all my first and they were Herman's choices at the first two game days I went to

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    is there online tt id be interested if on sunday mronings we all get together or smth
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast