Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tabletop games

Man, I haven't played in like a year since half my group moved all over the country now I'm jonesing for some cosmic encounter

Only played one expansion. I wanna do the rest. Do you have them on tts
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

Someone's gotta buy em for us to play

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Only played one expansion. I wanna do the rest. Do you have them on tts
    I'll buy them next week. I might have some already, but not the full set

Yeah boy let's fucking play. It's been 2 years since cosmic encounters for me

whats a Sans battlefury

With all the expansions, I think we can have a ten person game. You+me+a few of my old group+a couple others from nadota and we can easily get at least 7 players on a weekend

I remember having a really bad time playing cosmic encounters with 7+. You spend 20 minutes waiting in between your moves

whats a Sans battlefury

Eh, with double power you often have shit you're doing on other people's turns and allying and shit makes it so you're not just waiting around

Might b true but if we're the only 2 that have played cosmic encounters we probably shouldn't just roll with double power

whats a Sans battlefury

I have never played cosmic encounter

Very fun, lots of hilarious moments with friends

whats a Sans battlefury

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    ive never played it but id be super down to play it, especially in vee arr
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Banned
    Played CE tonight. It was fun.

My only thought is if people play optimal strategy in this game I think you'll end up with like a 3 hr game with nobody winning.

I think yns's approach and using 2 aliens is supposed to offset that but yes they can get long. especially when youre trying to actively deny people their wincon and they do the same to you, games will end up very long and sometimes people will throw if they get pissed off that they're too far behind. I think it depends on your pool of players and how willing they are to move the game along instead of supporting attrition. With me personally I let you ride along if you're not my active competitor and I don't dislike you
    Last edited by divine; February 2nd, 2018 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    I think optimal strategy as a non-"main player" (meaning not the person being attacked and not the person being defended) might be to participate in defenses as often as you can in order to prevent others from building colonies + get to draw cards for every ship you lent to the defense.

We were lucky we didn't realize this earlier so we only started stacking defense heavily when the other players were about to win.

Had we realized earlier, it could have been a very long game.

Enjoy losing your ship to some asshat who pulls an 18 out or when the guy negotiates but the other guy put down a 4

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    I think optimal strategy as a non-"main player" (meaning not the person being attacked and not the person being defended) might be to participate in defenses as often as you can in order to prevent others from building colonies + get to draw cards for every ship you lent to the defense.

We were lucky we didn't realize this earlier so we only started stacking defense heavily when the other players were about to win.

Had we realized earlier, it could have been a very long game.
    The expansions, specifically the first one, extremely disincentive inviting defense, because the rewards decknis so op

We had to house rule that you could only get 1/2 of your ships, rounded down, as rewards from the specific rewards deck. But yeah, it seems you're on the same track as our meta: hand management powers are by far the best. Healer owns like fuck

Banned
    Game I played was the base game and people mostly had not played before so we were kind of figuring it out as we go

Yeah, we figured out pretty quickly that, with few exceptions (virus specifically), hand management powers are by far the best

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast