Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broodwar buddy

Beyond Grantlike iamafuckingretard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slithereen View Post
    of course korean pros will say BW is a better game, they dedicated their life to it
    i mean maybe its me sinking in similar time/investment and not giving LotV a chance, but i didnt have much patience for sc2 after a year of watching WotL in which like over half the games were 1-2 big fights and then the games over

if u know the shield battery staff can u give me a solid date for when that shit is gonna be released?

and yeah tbqhwy i really dont care for the matchmaking/ladder. i just wanna see a revitalization of the custom games. i wanna play customs in 2016 with my buddies without 2 seconds of input lag, setting up host, finding my friends cd keys, etc. if u can do that ill for sure play with ya
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.
    gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    if u know the shield battery staff can u give me a solid date for when that shit is gonna be released?

and yeah tbqhwy i really dont care for the matchmaking/ladder. i just wanna see a revitalization of the custom games. i wanna play customs in 2016 with my buddies without 2 seconds of input lag, setting up host, finding my friends cd keys, etc. if u can do that ill for sure play with ya
    the official stance by the dev team of ending beta is "when its done," and i dont think im gonna get more out of them than that

i think i could get u and ur friends into the beta BUT u need a valid cdkey for shieldbattery so its probably not hte best option anyway

imo u should just get all ur friends to download bw + manual patch from the ftp link here: http://iccup.com/en/starcraft/sc_start.html

set up a private vpn; i think this still works for free for up to 5 people https://www.vpn.net/ ... idk any better options... i found this, which might work https://www.evolvehq.com/

and then use UDP lan instead of battle.net

Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    would having larger ctrl groups ruin broodwar if u changed nothing else?
    Doubt it. If they kept pathing the same, larger control groups won't make a difference. Changing pathing would hell unbalance it, though
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendi View Post
    You have Mexicans flooding over your border and selling drug laced burritos
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendi
    Of course, Mexicans that just crossed the border with burrito in hand and blacks in the ghetto are so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    the official stance by the dev team of ending beta is "when its done," and i dont think im gonna get more out of them than that

i think i could get u and ur friends into the beta BUT u need a valid cdkey for shieldbattery so its probably not hte best option anyway

imo u should just get all ur friends to download bw + manual patch from the ftp link here: http://iccup.com/en/starcraft/sc_start.html

set up a private vpn; i think this still works for free for up to 5 people https://www.vpn.net/ ... idk any better options... i found this, which might work https://www.evolvehq.com/

and then use UDP lan instead of battle.net
    The issue is my friends either don't have cd keys or don't have the patience to set all this shit up just to play.
    Last edited by divine; August 22nd, 2016 at 05:34 PM.

Dominating
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    plasma did you ever post in teamliquid in like 2006-2008ish
    it might be hard to believe now but TL used to be legit as fuck with mods that deleted all retard shits without questions.

Dominating
    http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft...isk_Harassment

Mutalisks can most efficiently harass when "Mutalisk Stacking" is used: a clump of Mutalisks that generally appears, moves, and attacks like a single Mutalisk. This makes it very difficult for an opponent to target-fire the weakest Mutalisk in the group. Also, with proper micro, every Mutalisk in the stack will attack at the same time, allowing the Mutalisks to dance in and out of the enemy's firing range, greatly reducing damage taken.

In order to stack Mutalisks, they must be grouped with a unit a sufficient distance away, which triggers the magic box to activate. There are several viable options: a Larva, Overlord, or burrowed/stuck unit that can't move.
    so maximum amounts of mutas(or even wraiths sometimes) you can have per harassment group is 11(+1 larva/overlord)
    now if you increase the maximum units per group air units stacking up becomes op as fuck, and if you end up fixing this stacking "bug" along the way a half decade worth of zerg's progress goes byebye along with it rough shit

Pretty sure almost any change to pathing will fix meta stacking

Dominating
    and that sets back zerg on zvt and zvz(less impactful on mirror for obvious reasons) by 5 years, everything they are doing now revolves around muta micro to keep them alive until lurkers that hatch a lot later than it used to (LIKEBACK WHEN ARCHON WAS THE STANDARD TO STOP MUTA IN PVZ, that old), which goes back to hell yeah increasing group count will make a big impact one way or the other because even if it this doesn't "ruin" the game, this warrants other balance changes probably big ones too.

like "fixing pathing" on it's own(independent of the air clumping) has issues too units like dragoon will become too op

holy shit this game is broken as fuck lul
    Last edited by issc; August 26th, 2016 at 01:38 PM.

Broodwar is the best rts I've played. Sc2 isn't close. Idk it feels too polished? That doesn't make sense but that's why I like bw more

SC2 seems extremely rote and boring compared to broodwar. I think it's mostly because of the game engine. The way unit collision works is weird and the automatic concaves are retarded.

You get to max supply so easily and often times just run your blob at the other guy and whoever wins that blob fight usually wins the game.

I don't know why, but when you lower the mechanical burden or streamline the inherent idiosyncratic quirks out a game engine in an effort to free up a player's resources so they can devote them to thinking about the game strategically it never works for some reason and the game just gets dumbed down.

I'm not sure if broodwar would still be an interesting game if it became popular again since it is very long in tooth at this point and the way it is played has evolved a massive amount since the old days, but during it's time there were so many bizarre scenarios that unfolded in professional games that were captivating in a way SC2 never was.

Dota 2 is experiencing a similar devolution.
    Last edited by LiLLipuTian; August 26th, 2016 at 06:10 PM.

They made it concave cuz people bitched about how marine micro felt like garbage
    gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Holy Shit
    would having larger ctrl groups ruin broodwar if u changed nothing else?
    no not really but a huge chunk of the player base will be hardcore BW players who still play BW today and it would ruin it for them
    follow @122_Gaming

Holy Shit
    I'm not sure if broodwar would still be an interesting game if it became popular again since it is very long in tooth at this point and the way it is played has evolved a massive amount since the old days, but during it's time there were so many bizarre scenarios that unfolded in professional games that were captivating in a way SC2 never was.
    Broodwar is one of the greatest (imo the greatest) game of all time, it would still be fun to watch. Throw in some money and a bunch of western players (IdrA?) it would be fucking lit.

edit: this should have just been one post but i responded to shit as i read through the thread woops!
    follow @122_Gaming

Dominating
    Having a larger control group alters the game beyond reducing the amounts of clicks needed to do something ("fucking sweaty nerds wanting me to spend more apm doing menial tasks" ynamsang). This isn't same as allowing multiple building selection for easier macro rounds or having rallied workers automatically mine for your convenience, larger control group will actually change the game dramatically and should not be overlooked as relic of the ancients that needs to be reworked asap. maybe if blizzard didnt fuck up sc2 as much as they did this wouldn't be an issue but ecksdee.
    Last edited by issc; August 28th, 2016 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by issc View Post
    it might be hard to believe now but TL used to be legit as fuck with mods that deleted all retard shits without questions.
    i was there lol

bw is still semi alive if you go to tl youll see some ongoing bw tournies between the koreans

more alive than it was between like 2012-2014 at least

unit selection will be a custom option u retards

who gives a flying fuck about idra lol bring bakc firebathero

Lmao

Godlike
    Steam ID
    gurb
    firebathero ROFLLLL
    :banana:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast