Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Broodwar buddy

Mega Kill
    i tried playing broodwar yesterday out of fucking nowhere and i got stopped by 6112 error that won't let me even join games, this made me sad.

Beyond Grantlike iamafuckingretard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by issc View Post
    i tried playing broodwar yesterday out of fucking nowhere and i got stopped by 6112 error that won't let me even join games, this made me sad.
    if you have a tl account pm me the name and ur email and sign up here https://www.shieldbattery.net/

Mega Kill
    im gonna ragequit after a game but i pmed

im guessing this is some vpn networking shit and you play your games in LAN modes after match's been set? are there only nolifers from tl there or lots of noobs too

Mega Kill
    also its very fucking strange even dmz mode wouldn't let me even join games, i can host lobbies and invite people for arranged teams fine on wc3

upnp thingy from the launcher doesn't work either even though i have it enabled on router settings

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by Slithereen View Post
    I dont see how a broodwar remake could be better than sc2

I know original/BW were really good but the reason people moved to sc2 surely isn't because it had better graphics and nothing else

highly doubt a remake with the same limitations as the original game will be successful. maybe people forgot, but having no worker rally point & 12 units/ctrl group is a huge hassle especially when you've been playing sc2 for a few years

it sounds cool because of nostalgia but BW is definetly not a better game than sc2 right now. legacy of the void is great

I dont see how a broodwar remake could be better than sc2

I know original/BW were really good but the reason people moved to sc2 surely isn't because it had better graphics and nothing else

highly doubt a remake with the same limitations as the original game will be successful. maybe people forgot, but having no worker rally point & 12 units/ctrl group is a huge hassle especially when you've been playing sc2 for a few years

it sounds cool because of nostalgia but BW is definetly not a better game than sc2 right now. legacy of the void is great
    There is still a strong underground scene in Korea for BW. Bisu runs it. Effort looks old as hell now. Jaegond apparently wants to retire playing BW and Flash is back streaming BW as well

of course korean pros will say BW is a better game, they dedicated their life to it
    It is more complex. That french guy Stephano he made a boat load in SC2 said *Blizzard made the game easy*

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    if u know the shield battery staff can u give me a solid date for when that shit is gonna be released?

and yeah tbqhwy i really dont care for the matchmaking/ladder. i just wanna see a revitalization of the custom games. i wanna play customs in 2016 with my buddies without 2 seconds of input lag, setting up host, finding my friends cd keys, etc. if u can do that ill for sure play with ya
    ur a bitch like the rest of my ex non pro gamer friends *oh we just want to play for fun and play custom games no ranked* fuck you slut.

all of them working and im flippin signs #plasma

Mega Kill
    I tried shield battery and there's no matchmaking so you would have to sit around in channel waiting for someone to create and type out that a game is up.
    and i am too much of a vag to play these people and found out there's no obs maps available yet so that's that.

when i get back 2 the states u can play me im total shit barely above d- level in anything but protoss ever fight me

Godlike
    im not a pro at either game but to me the big difference between brood war and sc2 is that micros a lot easier in sc2 so its a more macro/strategy based game (everyones micro is closer to each other). personally i think brood wars the better game since i find that stuff more interesting than what build order a player goes but i think sc2 is still a good game and its pretty easy to why blizzard went that direction with it so itd appeal to more players. i think lotv did try to make micro a little more important with the additon of some more active spells in fights but i dont know if it actually matters that much

strategys just as important in bw at a high level

the major issue with actually playing the game is that until a ridiculous skill level everyones capped way harder by inability to multitask since the upkeep just takes way more attention

youre way more susceptible to missing a round of production or getting food capped when the micro is that much more difficult

but yea micro can still be really huge at lower levels because you can straight up mismicro an entire protoss army into a well-formed tank/spidermine/vulture/turret setup or let an entire control group of hydralisks die to one psi storm etc and yea skill difference in micro can create more pronounced effects on game outcome relative to sc2 where macro and build order r just gonna cap u hard a lot of hte time

i also heard lotv is better but w/e its too late i jumped ship off sc2; bw elitist forever

Godlike
    i just mean that the gap in micro between players in brood war is gonna be bigger than in sc2 so it plays a bigger part than it does in sc2 and at the same time strategy/macro is probably gonna decide more games in sc2 than it would in brood war.

lotvs is definitely an improvement in my opinion but the games still basically the same i think

Holy Shit
    Losing a ctrl group of hydras to a storm isn't an auto loss in bw though. The pace of the game and difficulty of controlling multiple groups during a siege and moving across the map allows for more forgiveness for isolated micro/strategy mistakes during battles because you don't instantly get pushed 10 seconds later by a deathball
    Quote Originally Posted by agile_mind View Post
    if god doesn't have a sense of humor, why did he put a turbo-clit in my ass? food for thought

Holy Shit
    I think a lot of people underestimate or don't consider how every limitation in the players control of the game also allows for more ingenuity from both players based on how they approach and deal with those limitations where sc2 is more like a flowchart
    if god doesn't have a sense of humor, why did he put a turbo-clit in my ass? food for thought

Holy Shit
    Because the game takes more apm to play at a decent level it means you're making more decisions with how you spend your time and energy

i would be fine with some of the things blizzard did with sc2 if it opened up a deeper level of strategic play but it didn't, in fact it had the opposite effect and all you're left with is this hollow shell of a game that's inferior on every level

Godlike
    ASL has been fun to watch so far. flash and lots of other good players in it

Holy Shit
    Yeah listening to artosis cast brood war is enjoyable as fuck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast