Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Steam ID
    flopagis

RUiN (wc3 warlock mod based game)

Been waiting for a game based on the mod and battlerite was a huge let down. This looks to be more promising.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    hows it look more promising

Steam ID
    yolo_mimck
    how did battlerite let you down

Steam ID
    flopagis
    For me the joy of warlocks is the customization of what abilities to choose. Giving you the option to expirement. Battlerite doesnt allow customization and the characters are not that diverse.

Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    hows it look more promising
    it's tailored for furries

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    i tihnk this game will probably be decent if its ever released. but i wish that games followed warlocks more closely. in my opinion part of what made warlocks so good is the precise mouse movement system. blc, battlerite, and this game just wan to go for wasd but it feels so much less precise than the mouse movement of wc3 and i think this ruins the game. locked camera also felt annoying in battlerite. i dont think battlerite was an awful game and it had other issues anyway but i really think this wasd movement system is a mistake for these games.

this game has looked like it will follow warlocks more closely than other games which is good but i really wish theyd get rid of wasd
    Last edited by WwD; February 3rd, 2017 at 05:09 PM.

Steam ID
    flopagis
    Yeah I was definitely upset when I saw it was wasd movement

when do we get a faithful morlocks port?

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by flopagis View Post
    i talked to them a while ago about how it would be better if they have mouse movement, or at least the option for mouse movement and wihle i dont think theyre completely oblivious to the differences, i dont think they cared that much either. they did say that theyd consider adding mouse movement as an option back then, but if theyre still having this much trouble releasing the game it doesnt surprise me that theyre not gonna waste time on that anymore.

spellsworn could probably be good but i don tthink id put money into it until it looks more complete.

Steam ID
    flopagis
    I bought spellsworn and logged in to find Players online: 0

The game has been in early access since 2015. Waiting to see if anyone is on tonight lol. It doesn't look promising at all.

Maybe RUiN implemented controller support the analog movement would be better than the 8 directions wasd gives. Probs not though since the skills shot business on the second stick would still be shit compared to a mouse.
    Last edited by flopagis; February 8th, 2017 at 12:40 PM.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    i doubt theyre changing anything for controls anymore in ruin. theyre probably just desperate to get the game out at this point considering theyve been promising to go into beta "soon" for a long time and now i see this kickstarter.

its just kinda sad because i think this type of game has a lot of potential but all the ones ive seen so far all add some shitty changes to the game.

Steam ID
    flopagis
    The kickstarter discord is pretty LIT tbh. the devs are all in there listening and discussing peoples suggestions pretty openly so I have a little bit of hope. They definitely seem open to change but we will see.

any girl devs around

Steam ID
    flopagis
    not sure how hard it is to get a dota 2 warlocks custom game going these days but they are being organized in the kickstarter discord if that is worth it to you

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    Tell them they sick and can't make game

Steam ID
    flopagis
    Live gameplay and AMA rn. looking pretty awesome tbh

https://www.twitch.tv/tarheadstudio

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    i dont think the game will be bad at all i dont wanna sound like i hate it. itll at least be better than battlerite to me. i just dont think it will be as good as the gameplay of warlocks and thats a shame.

Steam ID
    flopagis
    It's important to be critical for sure I understand. My nostalgia boner for warlocks is pretty big. The RUiN devs have been very open to discussion about gameplay in the discord. The devs are always talking with us. We recently had a long discussion about the pros and cons of skills being chosen before the game starts and picking different skills between rounds etc. Constant stuff like this is going on right now so I'm pretty hopeful.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    i dont think theyre changing their opinion on mouse movement vs wasd and that along with the locked camera and the different spell casting mechanics (or i assume it slike this anyway) which basically go with it are really my only major issues with the game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast