Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason

Brendan's {Friends and Family Mafia} Setup Thread

Yes! It's time for an exciting new mafia setup hosted by your bro Brendan Gleason.
    This is going to be a unique game, first of its kind, may I add. This game will be a true test of Human emotions and interactions, it's time to lay back your old foolish ways of playing NADota mafia because this one will flip your little brain inside out! Let's get to it...

The concept of this game is Friends and Family, as in; players have CONNECTIONS knowing who is who, but nobody sees the full pictures, you see. The Main roles I have right now are

1. Father & Son,
    2. Man & Brother
    3. Friend & Friend
    4. Friend & Mafia friend
    5. Mafia friend & Ignorant friend
    6. New townie. (Aka VT)
    7. Foriegn Mafia (Goon, but with special chatting abilities, he can only speak italian so he can only communicate in the higher order mafia group.)
    8. Higher order mafia & godfather (Could be friends with men, or have brothers)
    9. Mafia Father & Son.
    10. Mafia Man & Brother
    11. Could also add daughters? Might be too complex though, would need more than 15 players.

Here is an example of a 15 (Desired number) player game, the roles could of course vary from game to game, depending on your setting and theme! (e.g. No friend town (nadota theme)):

Sons don't know their Dads' roles, Brothers know the dad's roles but could be aligned Town or Scum (Random roll Maybe?)
    Family relations (brothers, sons) are announced at the start of the game, friend are unknown. Godfather knows all friendships trees branching from his Mafia members only (NOT INCLUDING THE SON MESH)

What do you guys think? I think this might need more than 15 players...

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Victory conditions would not be exclusively family based, a mere son has no place in the troubles of the mafia world and therefore has no win condition.

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    You could also consider this a signup thread, for whenever I host this, if you wish.

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    The colored outlines in the graph mean that the members share their own private chat. The colors are arbitrary.

Beyond Grantlike iamafuckingretard's Avatar
    is incest allowed

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    More Ideas: Low class mafia goon: doesn't share the godfather chat with the others. Has son and/or friend?
    Wife: Lover role, dies if husband dies. Victory condition is Husband and/or offspring living to the end of the game. (There can be multiple winning factions) Has no lynch vote.
    Daughter: Shares a private chat with parents, unlike son. Has no lynch vote.

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    is incest allowed
    Please constructive criticism only.

I feel like you have given town an unfair advantage already by sharing the chart in the opening post.

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    I feel like you have given town an unfair advantage already by sharing the chart in the opening post.
    It's just an example. The real one would have different connections, I could write a script to randomize it even...

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    it's called a GRAPH by the way and it can be algorithmically balanced if you add values for each connection based on how pro/anti town they are. we can reach a perfect balanced game equilibrium given the right graph.
    i think this should replace the old way of mafia and become the new nadota standard. what do you think?

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    bump

Steam ID
    flopagis
    didnt read sign

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Ok guys, we got 1... need 19 more

1. Flopagis

How do you come up with this

LMFAO

I would sign this just to see what happens if my next 10 days weren't looking like hell

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    listen brenda i'm very tempted to sign this game so I can avoid playing a game with you, but this setup is horrible.

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    listen brenda i'm very tempted to sign this game so I can avoid playing a game with you, but this setup is horrible.
    why? i think its good enough to replace nadota standard mafia

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    Quote Originally Posted by flopagis View Post
    didnt read sign
    signing this game is a mistake. brenda is a huge tard for even trying to host this setup. she could've just picked a normal setup BUT NAH HAS STO APE UP

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    you clearly havent put much thought into this dotakyle

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    signing this game is a mistake. brenda is a huge tard for even trying to host this setup. she could've just picked a normal setup BUT NAH HAS STO APE UP
    she? im a boy haha

Banned
    Steam ID
    BrendanGleason
    dude you thought that was me? that photos my gf man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast