Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Steam ID
    Durgular
    Quote Originally Posted by kanye View Post
    Also Jordan benefited hugely from the fact the illegal defense rules back then prohibited zone defense and where you couldn't load up the strong side a la Thibodeau so he would just iso 1v1 unless he was against the pistons or Knicks who would just beat the shit out of him

He also had an amazing supporting cast

Jordan is a top 5 player ever--probably top two--but Lebron is the greatest to ever do it.

No other top player has pulled off an upset over a team like last year's Golden State.
    To argue your last point. Kyrie was unbelievable in that series. Draymond was a retard. Steph was obviously injured and bogut was too. It was a great series but you can't pull some LEBRON PULLED THAT OUT OF HIS ASS shit
    If were to compare us to the television program 'Scrubs,' we would be JD and Elliot because even though things have not worked out thus far, in the end we are destined to be together.
    Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    Like I really do wish I was that sheltered and didnt have to worry about anything in the world except the next time my dad is going to ask me turn off my stream and fuck me

Steam ID
    CALL SEAN HANNITY
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    You can make the same case that LeBron benefits from being in the league at a time where there is no enforcer role, the hand check rules are completely different, and medical treatment/self care are exponentially better.
    This is true. What I'm about to say is subjective but I think the illegal defense rules helped Jordan more than the hand check rules did Lebron--Lebron is maybe the strongest, most agile player relative to his body size In the history of the NBA--hand checks wouldn't stop him because of his sheer explosiveness. He's like Shaq and other notably strong players in that regard.

Jordan lived on the ISO

Re: GSW: You can say "x player didn't play well which is why that team lost" which is trivially true of every single game. The point is that they took the greatest regular season team of all time to seven games and then Lebron turned in one of the greatest playoff series ever and game 7 performances ever (not Clyde Frazier or James worthy level tho.) kyrie was great that series but the true star on every play in that series was Lebron (besides that iconic bonkers three pointer.)

GSW had their full complement, and I always thought the curry injury stuff was bullshit--it was more thatbthe physiciality and defensive intensity of the playoffs got to Curry. But we don't know either way I guess.

Banned
    Lebron James College of Education, Akron Ohio
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    I legit bought kyries shoes cause if that shot

Steam ID
    Durgular
    Quote Originally Posted by kanye View Post
    This is true. What I'm about to say is subjective but I think the illegal defense rules helped Jordan more than the hand check rules did Lebron--Lebron is maybe the strongest, most agile player relative to his body size In the history of the NBA--hand checks wouldn't stop him because of his sheer explosiveness. He's like Shaq and other notably strong players in that regard.

Jordan lived on the ISO

Re: GSW: You can say "x player didn't play well which is why that team lost" which is trivially true of every single game. The point is that they took the greatest regular season team of all time to seven games and then Lebron turned in one of the greatest playoff series ever and game 7 performances ever (not Clyde Frazier or James worthy level tho.) kyrie was great that series but the true star on every play in that series was Lebron (besides that iconic bonkers three pointer.)

GSW had their full complement, and I always thought the curry injury stuff was bullshit--it was more thatbthe physiciality and defensive intensity of the playoffs got to Curry. But we don't know either way I guess.
    Jordan lived on the iso, but I think we would see the same thing from Bron. They were/are both physical anomalies, albeit for different reasons. The list of players who could deal with Lebron in iso situations is staggeringly short, and the same is true of Jordan.

My big thing is that if we're approaching the Lebron v. Jordan argument there are a few things Lebron has going for him, longevity and versatility being the two major examples, but I think we're becoming extremely quick to discount how fucking amazing Jordan was. I'd probably say Bron is top 3 right now, maybe two just cause my understanding of Russell is anecdotal, but he's not on MJs level yet. He took too long to develop a post game, I dislike his politicking (as a player, I don't care about his rl politics), and I'm intensely curious to see his game progress when/if his body betrays him, but at this point in his career I don't think he's #1
    If were to compare us to the television program 'Scrubs,' we would be JD and Elliot because even though things have not worked out thus far, in the end we are destined to be together.
    Thank you for your time.

Like I really do wish I was that sheltered and didnt have to worry about anything in the world except the next time my dad is going to ask me turn off my stream and fuck me

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    Jordan did last a long time in his prime in such a violent era though,

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    What's your guy's favorite player playing now?

Steam ID
    Durgular
    Giannis, Saric, Porzingis, Embiid from the younger guys. Need to watch more Jokic.

As a Rockets fan Pat Beverly might be my guy. Kawhi too.
    Thank you for your time.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    If we are talking younger I'm loving KAT and porzingis but he he needs to leave the fucking Knicks.

I was really on that Twolves hype train during the begining of the season

I really like Butler and The Brow™

Also kyrie has the prettiest handles ive ever seen

Steam ID
    Durgular
    I understand that Kyrie is good, but he's easily one of my least favorite players to watch. Something about the way he plays the point kills me but I'm a dumb traditional MY POINT GUARD IS NOT A ZERO GUARD person and can't stand watching him try to play defense.
    Thank you for your time.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    I understand that Kyrie is good, but he's easily one of my least favorite players to watch. Something about the way he plays the point kills me but I'm a dumb traditional MY POINT GUARD IS NOT A ZERO GUARD person and can't stand watching him try to play defense.
    give him 4 years he will look (he is going to be forced to be) a more traditional point guard. "Lebron is obviously the point forward sometimes can be centerish" guy right now, but I think we will evolve into a great point guard in the traditional sense.

I guess as a cleveland fan (not a banwagoner Z will always be my favorite player) I got used to seeing us lose without lebron or him being the point guard sorta.

My favorite point guard right now is either Isaiah Thomas or maaaybe westbrook since he is fun to watch.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    ignore the quotations and pretend they actually started at "point"

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    My boy kemba walker is good too.

Steam ID
    Durgular
    I hated Kemba in college and actually enjoy him now. Isaiah is crazy.
    Thank you for your time.

Steam ID
    Spit-wad
    Kyrie is definitely my favorite player to watch

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    I hated Kemba in college and actually enjoy him now. Isaiah is crazy.
    The dude is 5'9 and has blocked 7 foot guys guys they cant see him. Plus his body movements are so good. Easily the best point guard in the east. Much more effective then Curry this year too.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    btw I FUCKING called it when bogut injured himself again. I was saying for that whole week we should have picked up sanders just so we can have a bit of youth plus some energy on the bench. But nooooooo

Steam ID
    Durgular
    I've been IT truther since I wanted to go to UW dudes nutty
    Thank you for your time.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    Ever watch like the 20 mins kay felder has played? they play a very similar style and may be a poor mans Thomas one day. Not on the cavs, but eventually when he goes on a different team

Steam ID
    Durgular
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Crispy View Post
    Ever watch like the 20 mins kay felder has played? they play a very similar style and may be a poor mans Thomas one day. Not on the cavs, but eventually when he goes on a different team
    I've heard that comparison, I havven't followed him so I can't say yay or nay. He's someone I want to keep an eye on though
    Thank you for your time.

Banned
    Steam ID
    M E L T D O W N
    I've heard that comparison, I havven't followed him so I can't say yay or nay. He's someone I want to keep an eye on though
    Yeah, being the only other 5'9 guy in the NBA at the moment would do that. They are both muscular too, but felder is a weak rookie. He doesnt fit on the cavs at all though.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast