Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 364
  1. #1
    Legend Spit-wad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    13,838
    Steam ID
    Spit-wad

    Welcoming a new admin

    Today we are finally welcoming our new head admin, J.

    I have been working with J over the past two months to ensure a smooth transition, not that any of you would care. He will be taking full control of the site while I step away, completely, indefinitely.

    As many of you know, this is not my first attempt to cede power to a new leader. Since I have been unable to find a buyer for the site, I am trying this one again. However, I have full confidence that J will lead nadota forward... or at least do a better job than I. He has been adequately briefed on the insanity of you all, so I will let him do the rest of the talking.

    Goodbye, friends. I never planned to do this for 8 years, but I have no regrets.

  2. #2
    Beyond Grantlike electrowizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,380
    Will J ban asoul?
    nadota.com!

  3. #3
    Socialism or Barbarism agile_mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    39,900
    Steam ID
    afsdf
    Je suis J

  4. #4
    Beyond Grantlike Alightsoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,923
    Greetings and welcome.

  5. #5
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Hello NADota,

    Longtime lurker, first time poster!

    It is my pleasure to formally meet you all. I have been visiting the forums for a few years now and have been playing Dota 2 since TI2. I guess you could call me a filthy 2014er.

    First off, thank you to Spit-wad for the introduction. Second, thank you to ch0p for contributing to the site for all these years. I am happy to announce that ch0p will be sticking around as a consultant.

    In the coming days you will begin to see minor changes throughout the forums. However, I have no intention to change the fundamentals. My mission is to continue the job that has been done before me and to aid community engagement in NA Dota.

    I would be happy to answer any questions you may have for me.

    J

  6. #6
    Beyond Grantlike electrowizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11,380
    Will you ban asoul for account sharing?
    nadota.com!

  7. #7
    omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    10,886
    Holy fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

  8. #8
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by electrowizard View Post
    Will you ban asoul for account sharing?
    Not at this time.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Hello NADota,

    Longtime lurker, first time poster!

    It is my pleasure to formally meet you all. I have been visiting the forums for a few years now and have been playing Dota 2 since TI2. I guess you could call me a filthy 2014er.

    First off, thank you to Spit-wad for the introduction. Second, thank you to ch0p for contributing to the site for all these years. I am happy to announce that ch0p will be sticking around as a consultant.

    In the coming days you will begin to see minor changes throughout the forums. However, I have no intention to change the fundamentals. My mission is to continue the job that has been done before me and to aid community engagement in NA Dota.

    I would be happy to answer any questions you may have for me.

    J
    You sir are a jewel! When I'm in trouble I'll be sure to hit you up. For the mean time, what's the hubbub? This forum's very political, what Ideologies are you going to be encouraging ?

  10. #10
    Beyond Grantlike Alightsoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,923
    Have you followed the Mafia subforum at all? Would you be open to receiving a lengthy message from a handful of respected members about the future of the subforum and its needs from a moderation standpoint?

  11. #11
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    You sir are a jewel! When I'm in trouble I'll be sure to hit you up. For the mean time, what's the hubbub? This forum's very political, what Ideologies are you going to be encouraging ?
    Thank you! I will not encourage nor discourage any ideologies, political, or religious beliefs; however, I do wish the Peruvians would stop playing on US East.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Thank you! I will not encourage nor discourage any ideologies, political, or religious beliefs; however, I do wish the Peruvians would stop playing on US East.
    Excuse me? I'm not feeling that, please elaborate. If you're the lead admin you have to have a form of autocracy around here, don't you? Do you believe in Anarchy?

  13. #13
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    Have you followed the Mafia subforum at all? Would you be open to receiving a lengthy message from a handful of respected members about the future of the subforum and its needs from a moderation standpoint?
    I have no experience with Mafia, but I understand it plays a role in the community. I will be looking to our regular Mafia players to advise on the moderation needs. Please feel free to begin that discussion in the Mafia forum and I will make sure to read.

  14. #14
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    Excuse me? I'm not feeling that, please elaborate. If you're the lead admin you have to have a form of autocracy around here, don't you? Do you believe in Anarchy?
    I do not believe autocracy and anarchy are the only options.

  15. #15
    Holy Shit
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7,712
    Steam ID
    Forrest
    Mod me

  16. #16
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Mod me
    Moderators will be appointed soon. All will have an opportunity to apply.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    I do not believe autocracy and anarchy are the only options.
    You are messing me up. Do you not see what you're this is? A place like this has no room for leeway, J. You need a bit of an, Heh..., Iron fist if you call it. For one, some people here are anarchists and some are authoritarians? How do you rule that? It's not going to ever stop J It's a forever moving quarrel. A war as old as history itself and you took the responsibility to mitigate it on a lowly internet forum.
    Crawl, sprawl, crawl, sprawl, crawl, sprawl, WORMS, J! These are WORMS you're dealing with. You don't have an option. You have to open your eyes before you even enter the tunnel. Put on a headlight because you need to STOMP some slugs on the way - J, You and me are in this together. I would like to know you better. J How have you been J It's been a while. J I've missed you J how's life. That's what you want, you don't want to be a feared old man here! I like your spirit, but you need to get it together. J I think we need to talk, J I think you're a good guy! It develops and develops. You want to build a good relation ship and without a clear cut scheme and ideology to rule the forum with you won't be able to do that. J wanna meet up? J, I'll see you at TI! J, dinner tomorrow? J I need some money. A clear Ideal goal for you, when your people love you J, you won't need anything else from life.

    J, I am foreseeing a great future for you. You're perfect

  18. #18
    Administrator J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
    You are messing me up. Do you not see what you're this is? A place like this has no room for leeway, J. You need a bit of an, Heh..., Iron fist if you call it. For one, some people here are anarchists and some are authoritarians? How do you rule that? It's not going to ever stop J It's a forever moving quarrel. A war as old as history itself and you took the responsibility to mitigate it on a lowly internet forum.
    Crawl, sprawl, crawl, sprawl, crawl, sprawl, WORMS, J! These are WORMS you're dealing with. You don't have an option. You have to open your eyes before you even enter the tunnel. Put on a headlight because you need to STOMP some slugs on the way - J, You and me are in this together. I would like to know you better. J How have you been J It's been a while. J I've missed you J how's life. That's what you want, you don't want to be a feared old man here! I like your spirit, but you need to get it together. J I think we need to talk, J I think you're a good guy! It develops and develops. You want to build a good relation ship and without a clear cut scheme and ideology to rule the forum with you won't be able to do that. J wanna meet up? J, I'll see you at TI! J, dinner tomorrow? J I need some money. A clear Ideal goal for you, when your people love you J, you won't need anything else from life.

    J, I am foreseeing a great future for you. You're perfect
    I will be attending TI this year and hope to meet all of you.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,903
    You have to know who to trust though, you don't want to meet up at the international and Boom A dagger in your stomach. Share a hotel room; bullet in head.
    J I love you, slit throat. Is that J from nadota? Handshake, broken neck.

    Look man, I'm with you all the way.

  20. #20
    Beyond Grantlike
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,230
    Steam ID
    When I'm on the mountain (Kilimanjaro) They call me Meme Master
    bounty profile pic

    spit cant find a buyer

    coincidence? i tink naught

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •