Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mega Kill

Most of you aren't ruining games properly

Most people think running down mid or destroying their items is the optimal method of griefing, but I've observed a superior technique.

The reasons running down mid isn't ideal are:

1) There's at least a 30% chance someone will straight up abandon (esp. if it's early in the game), which will mitigate the amount of mental torture your teammates have to endure. There's also a good chance the rest of your team will just wait in fountain. Why not prolong their suffering?

2) Most of your teammates will expect a loss after seeing the 0-11 guy die to towers over and over, or the dual mid zeus with 10 clarities zapping creeps; if they already perceive a loss in their minds, they're "mentally prepared," so to speak, which also means you are failing to "ruin the game." You're just shortening the time it takes to get to the loss.

Basically, your goals are to inflict the maximum amount of psychological pain while wasting their time, AND not wasting yours.

Keep the glimmer of hope alive, and make sure they don't give up too early.

So during pick phase, you should pick LICH. Purchase a boots of speed, and make sure you type some epithets and commonly used buzzwords like "autistic," "ape," "neanderthal," "mongoloid," etc. to your team. Move your hero in front of any T3 tower.

Then what you do is get a timer (you should have a smartphone next to you), set it to 4:25 just to be safe (explain later), and click e on any creep that spawns on the next x:30 or x:00 whenever the timer is up.

(I think AFK is still determined by 5 minutes without exp, I'm not sure if Valve changed this, cba to look it up to be honest)

Obviously you don't want to get an abandon, so checking back every 4:25 is crucial. Sometimes you'll check back and the most recent creep wave just spawned and left, hence why I included the 35 s grace period. You don't want to waste valuable time chasing after the creep wave.

And that's it! Go do whatever else it is you would be doing.

This method "wastes" 1-2 minutes of your time, depending on your luck (if u happen to check back at x:30-32 or x:00-02 that's the most efficient).

AND the best part is your team will still try their best to win and suffer the entire ordeal, instead of simply waiting in the fountain for the game to end.
    Last edited by Totality; July 6th, 2017 at 10:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sesh View Post
    the hidden pool is the entire dota playing community. dota players are invisible to the normal community of successful adults around them but if you look at anyone with a normal exterior hiding a traumatized sociopath you'll find out he plays dota.

stop fuckin queueing on useast, thanks
    "ahhahaha sry dumbass nigga but bein da basketball dont count as playin basketball. dum niggaface" - CRUNK

/u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.
    gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Beyond Grantlike
    ruining games is extrmeely. just walk down middle. u will successfully ruin 99.9% of games
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralf View Post
    i genuinely wish death upon this person

Steam ID
    Tralfamadore675
    not bad

Steam ID
    Tralfamadore675
    although i find if i start running down mid immediately it's great if i make someone else abandon

Quote Originally Posted by Totality View Post
    Keep the glimmer of hope alive

what's goin on here lads? let's talk this out

solace afk farm first item rapier and feeds it

Good idea, but it doesn't go far enough.

You present the problem that teammates are mentally prepared for a loss, but your proposed solution does nothing to solve this. From the first few minutes of the game, they should realize you are not going to play and they will likely give up.

You also miss the entire hidden pool issue: Valve can easily detect and flag behavior like this.

The trick is to make your gamethrow undetectable to both the scheming dataminers at Valve and the puffy, astygmatic eyes of your idiot teammates.

Play the entire game out to the best of your ability. Allow everyone to believe that you are not upset; you are over it (whatever it was). You intend to win the game.

Then, in a crucial moment: A fatal error. Perhaps you didn't press BKB. Perhaps you farmed a wave and died at 60 minutes, bought back and farmed the same wave, then died again. Maybe you just stood still when your braindead slug of a carry player got jumped, then paused the game after he died and typed "sry pizzas here" in allchat.

Either way, the hopes and dreams of your teammates have been crushed. They will not move on and recover emotionally from this loss because they do not realize you intentionally threw. For weeks, they will wonder what they could have done better in that one Dota game. It will keep them up at night. Why did they lose that one?

But you know.

Killing Spree
    i peed in your pool

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post

You present the problem that teammates are mentally prepared for a loss, but your proposed solution does nothing to solve this. From the first few minutes of the game, they should realize you are not going to play and they will likely give up.

You also miss the entire hidden pool issue: Valve can easily detect and flag behavior like this.

The trick is to make your gamethrow undetectable to both the scheming dataminers at Valve and the puffy, astygmatic eyes of your idiot teammates.

Play the entire game out to the best of your ability. Allow everyone to believe that you are not upset; you are over it (whatever it was). You intend to win the game.

Then, in a crucial moment: A fatal error. Perhaps you didn't press BKB. Perhaps you farmed a wave and died at 60 minutes, bought back and farmed the same wave, then died again. Maybe you just stood still when your braindead slug of a carry player got jumped, then paused the game after he died and typed "sry pizzas here" in allchat.

Either way, the hopes and dreams of your teammates have been crushed. They will not move on and recover emotionally from this loss because they do not realize you intentionally threw. For weeks, they will wonder what they could have done better in that one Dota game. It will keep them up at night. Why did they lose that one?

But you know.
    if I admit I've done this on a few occasions because someone took mid from me will Valve shadow pool me?

what I find so odd is that today I had 3 games with awful trogs but all my other games were fine it was only the solo ranked ones. Valve may have me figured out.
    HAIL ZORAN
    Quote Originally Posted by @Arteezy
    @EternaLEnVy1991 GREAT USE OF THE ITEM `BLACK KING BAR`
    Insom's Law: When a player normally only picks cores and has to play support, the probability of them losing their team the game and subsequently flaming their cores is indistinguishable from 1

Beyond Grantlike
    Yeah throwing late game is some real soul crushing shit for teammates but why wait 40 mins when I can ruin their game now

Beyond Grantlike
    I have to admit that there are few things in life that bring me more joy than ruining a dota game for a deserving player

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!!
    u and tralf will be the first goyims to go to the gulags when my master plan is in effect
    Quote Originally Posted by yung_nigga_sigma View Post
    that fucking black chick I fucked gave me chlamydia what the fuck. Thank god I got an std test literally the day after I fucked her so I caught it very early. I mean I also got it because I'm an ex IV drug user but whatever. Moral of the lesson: don't fuck ******s in rehabs but tbh getting to bust in a ****** raw twice was kind of worth the shot in the arm and two pills I had to take to get rid of the nasty disease she carried.

Steam ID
    TK
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    u and tralf will be the first goyims to go to the gulags when my master plan is in effect
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    Ewiz is observably very stupid (chronic drinker and poor emotional control - both strong indicators of low IQ)
    MOD JONES

Wicked Sick
    quality thread

Just picksniper and afk farm aghs rapier
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Banned
    Steam ID
    jakupf
    you're supposed to spam stop command on the courier delivering your teammates items
    also if you rightclick on an enemy building the courier walks to it and doesnt show you your hero's icon at the bottom. in fact it sometimes shows the icon of the last player who used it so its like someone else is feeding it.

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quality Poster View Post
    solace afk farm first item rapier and feeds it
    can very easily result in a win for your team. do not advise.

ruining games is extrmeely. just walk down middle. u will successfully ruin 99.9% of games
    only 99.9%? LMAO youre doing something wrong.

But you know.
    https://www.dotabuff.com/players/18976713/matches

ya valves system works great. 5 games = working VERY WELL.

Also I'm the literal king of the undetectable throw. NSJ_TASS, Voireon and I had game ruining competitions to see who could lead their team into a loss without being reported or if reported not receive any ban sentence in wc3. The best way of doing this is baiting your team into inopportune fights that are guaranteed to go badly but with enough mass pings and "GO" spam you can coerce almost anyone into it. Spirit breaker, wisp, furion, etc. are great for this purpose.
    I can't follow sig rules

Banned
    Steam ID
    jakupf
    My personal favorite is walking past mid lane with low hp and pinging the enemy mid liner. This usually ends up in 2 kills for the enemy mid liner.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast