Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Steam ID
    begotcharmer

Let's make a lynch counter bot

I think it's unfair to some hosts that they have to crawl through what is potentially hundreds of pages of posts just to count up every tally. As all lynch votes are cast in bold, we could make a bot that detects bold text and stores the name of who has lynched and then connect it to a mySql database or something of the sort. I'm not really sure how but I'm sure somebody has some sort of input.

let's make a good threads by op counter
    Top 5 Anime (In Chronological Order)
    🌕 Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
    😡 Berserk (1997)
    🙏 Kyousougiga (2013)
    😵 Shinsekai Yori (2013)
    😂 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (2016)

Contenders for a 5th slot if finished: Jojo, Monogatari, Bungou Stray Dogs, Tokyo Ghoul.

Top 5 Anime (In Chronological Order)
    🌕 Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)
    😡 Berserk (1997)
    🙏 Kyousougiga (2013)
    😵 Shinsekai Yori (2013)
    😂 Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (2016)

Contenders for a 5th slot if finished: Jojo, Monogatari, Bungou Stray Dogs, Tokyo Ghoul.

Ironstove was making one. Not sure if he ever finished it.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    it's like 90% done, I got most of it done in 2 days like 2(?) months ago, and I haven't bothered with it since lol.
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    the main issue is that the games need to be created by guidelines that i wrote out and nobody has done it thus far so i haven't had an opportunity to test it on a real game.
    Honestly the level of play for nadota mafia is so low that by day 3 you should flat out lynch anyone who appears competent and hasn't been shot.

Most Of U have NEver Been Out Of Your City Whereas I Am A Man of the World. Gather Children and I will Regale You With Stories Of the Time tHat Guy Didn't Give Me Bottled Water and the Mean Comments I left on His Social Media As a Result.

Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    the main issue is that the games need to be created by guidelines that i wrote out and nobody has done it thus far so i haven't had an opportunity to test it on a real game.
    link to guidelines?
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Basically, there needs to be cooperation from a mod or something because there needs to be an [ONGOING] tag included in the thread title, otherwise I can just change the code to be lazy and search/open the first [ONGOING] thread tag it finds, however it will be annoying and count votes in an old thread if someone wants to be an asshole and bump a prev thread with the [ONGOING] tag still on it (Also kind of defeats the purpose of having the tag called [ONGOING]???) I'd change it to [GAME] or something at that point.

Second, the host of the game is considered the thread creator. So having someone proxy create a thread for you like in the past will lock you out of becoming host, I haven't added a command to pass on host to another player. Being host means your posts are ignored for vote counts and you have access to host commands.

Third, the host needs to include a list of the players formatted with the bold tagged PLAYERLIST which will then index all of the players in the game. So, if a host decides to fuck up the names or use abbreviations, then that will screw up the game.

It's not that flexible, I didn't add in a bunch of bells and whistles like an associations table for a host to issue a command to identify a player by an abbreviation e.g. "stove" == "ironstove."

tl;dr

put [ONGOING] in the game thread. Also, put PLAYERLIST in bold and spell the player's names identical to what is on the forum (The players themselves should type the same name, but I forgot if I put something to account for people being lazy asses... I believe I did but I have to go back and look at the code again). like so:

PLAYERLIST:

ironstove.
    divine
    Krazy Kat

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Oh, forgot to mention so everything is manually handled besides vote counts. So if you want to remove a player from the playerlist, the host issues a kill command, or sub a player you'd add a player w/ the command and kill the player he is replacing.

The bot looks at every post and strips out the bold tags to review the data, so commands need to be issued via bold text.

But yea, I thought about it for a second and since I'm storing all of the current game data locally, bumping a thread would be mostly harmless except I wonder if the bot would fizz out. It would just keep checking the bogus thread and wasting bandwidth until the actual game was bumped back up again (In the situation of having more than 1 [ONGOING] tag).

There are a lot of extra features I know I could add but A: I wrote it all using the xpath of this particular forum so I seriously doubt it is portable to other platforms (Hence useless to post up publicly to share with others because they'd have to know how to code and dive in to modify all the xpath ids) and B: I lost interest because no host was showing interest in cooperating

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    If someone wants to cooperate I got you
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking bad View Post
    I think it's unfair to some hosts that they have to crawl through what is potentially hundreds of pages of posts just to count up every tally. As all lynch votes are cast in bold, we could make a bot that detects bold text and stores the name of who has lynched and then connect it to a mySql database or something of the sort. I'm not really sure how but I'm sure somebody has some sort of input.
    jw why do you recommend a mysql database for this type of thing? Are you recommending it be stored online and if so, what type of location would you use as a reference to store the game data + run the script from?

atm, the bot I made is run locally on my machine and game data is also stored locally, I would have to clear the bot's cache to start a new game. not that familiar with setting up a web service, so I'd like to know how you'd go about it if you have the experience on the subject.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Artist View Post
    If someone wants to cooperate I got you
    yea whoever hosts the next game should get in touch with me if they want the vote counts to be automated.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    expect a few bugs in behavior since it hasn't been tested on a real game but i'd be fixing it on the fly as it happens/ is reported by other players to me.

just do an advanced search with lynch as the keyword

would be easier if everyone posted their lynches on the first line of their post with no other text on the same line though

Gonna create a sentient lynch counter. Make sure you are nice or it will not count your lynches.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Banned
    make a write up and include general adversarial network at least 30 times nad ill inest

Ya let's collab on gitlab

Banned
    *vomits uncontrollably*

U suport the sjw g85hubers?

Banned
    did you read that article from the trans ruby girl
    they seem anything but sjw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast