Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mangas own
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    You are absolutely lost.
    Hilarious that you think a college degree adds any merit to your value LMAO. What a pathetic existence you are.

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by Amercchi View Post
    Mangas own
    conspiracy theorist is a term created by the CIA to discredit anyone not in on the corruption.

אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Artist View Post
    Do light novels count as books cuz I'm ready
    A book is a set of sheets of paper, parchment, or similar materials that are fastened together to hinge at one side. A single sheet within a book is a leaf, and each side of a leaf is a page. Writing or images can be printed or drawn on a book's pages. An electronic image that is formatted to resemble a book on a computer screen, smartphone or e-reader device is known as an electronic book or e-book.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Man I was kidding
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Risk, to some, is a bad thing, because risk brings with it the possibility of failure. It might be only a temporary failure, but that doesn't matter so much if the very thought of it shuts you down. So, for some, risk comes to equal failure (take enough risks and sooner or later, you will fail). Risk is avoided because we've been trained to avoid failure. I define anxiety as experiencing failure in advance ... and if you have anxiety about initiating a project, then of course you will associate risk with failure.
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Firstly, there is no question of us ceding to the bourgeois conception of a reading that could be done without work. Reading is work. The accusations of “hermeti- cism,” “illegibility,” “jargon,” and so on have always been the weapons of obscur- antist reaction when confronted with productive theoretical work. [...] Without losing sight of the specificity of each signifying practice, it is possible to think the problem of a general materialist writing capable of articulating these practices and reflecting on their interpenetration, their interdependence.107

Beyond Grantlike
    It is the fate of those who dwell at the lower employments of life, to be rather driven by the fear of evil, than attracted by the prospect of good; to be exposed to censure, without hope of praise; to be disgraced by miscarriage, or punished for neglect, where success would have been without applause, and dilligence without reward.
    Among these unhappy mortals is the writer of dictionaries.
    conspiracy theorist is a term created by the CIA to discredit anyone not in on the corruption.

אני אוהב גיאורג סורוס

After working on the novel for a year, in the autumn of 1950, Salinger completed 'The Catcher in the Rye. The achievement was a catharsis. It was confession, purging, prayer, and enlightenment all encased in a voice so distinct that it would alter American culture. More than a collection of reminiscences or a tale of teenage angst, the novel was a cleansing event in Salinger's life. Holden Caulfield, and the pages that contained him, had been the author's constant companion for most of his adult years. Those pages were so precious to Salinger that he had carried them on his person throughout the war. In 1944, he had confessed to Whit Burnett that he needed them with him for support and inspiration. Pages of The Catcher in the Rye had stormed the beach at Normandy; they had paraded down the streets of Paris, been present at the deaths of countless soldiers in countless places, and been carried through the death camps of Nazi Germany. Now, in his refuge in Westport, Connecticut, Salinger placed the final line on the final chapter of the book. Immensely relieved at having finished it, he sent the manuscript to Robert Giroux at the office of Harcourt, Brace for publication.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

The shot is like the movement which continuously ensures conversion, circulation. It divides and subdivides duration according to the objects which make up the set; it reunites objects and sets into a single identical duration. It continuously divides duration into subdurations which are themselves heterogeneous, and reunites these into a duration which is immanent to the whole of the universe. Given that it is a consciousness which carries out these divisions and reunions, we can say of the shot that it acts like a consciousness. But the sole cinematographic consciousness is not us, the spectator, nor the hero; it is the camera -- sometimes human, sometimes inhuman or superhuman.

Children can be told anything — anything. I've always been struck by seeing how little grown-up people understand children, how little parents even understand their own children. Nothing should be concealed from children on the pretext that they are little and that it is too early for them to understand. What a miserable and unfortunate idea! And how readily the children detect that their fathers consider them too little to understand anything, though they understand everything. Grown-up people do not know that a child can give exceedingly good advice even in the most difficult case. Oh, dear! when that pretty little bird looks at you, happy and confiding, it's a shame for you to deceive it. I call them birds because there's nothing better than a bird in the world. What really set all the village against me was something that happened … but Thibaut was simply envious of me. At first he used to shake his head and wonder how it was the children understood everything from me and scarcely anything from him; and then he began laughing at me when I told him that neither of us could teach them anything, but that they can teach us. And how could he be envious of me and say things against me, when he spent his life with children himself! The soul is healed by being with children. . . .

I appreciate this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    If your heart was as big as your mouth you'd be real, but it aint

Great post divine
    You are absolutely lost.
    Hilarious that you think a college degree adds any merit to your value LMAO. What a pathetic existence you are.

Thanks guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12