Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Hopefully

Humans have nothing to worry about. The 1v1 mid thing isn't really that impressive -- it's a single hero in a mirror match-up. That is easy to train.

They're not going to get to a 5v5 by next Ti as they claim, unless it's a very limited hero pool. It's just too big an optimization task, combinatorially. They could use all past games as a training set, but even then they'll only converge to a local optimization not global. Even all the games in the history of dota (a few tens or hundreds of billion) have sampled only a negligible fraction of all hero combinations, skill builds, lanes and items.

Quote Originally Posted by KZZ View Post
    the president is decided by the voters.
    i have taste and am not mentally ill
    NO ONE WHO MAKES UNDER 25k PAYS INCOME TAX TODAY YOU MORON
    KZZ said these things and thinks he can talk back to people

Steam ID
    orionrm

if you watch this video, they say that they did "coach the bot on what is good and bad"

so things like item builds and creep blocking was probably influenced by "coaching"
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    That's why no one likes you

twitch.tv/notjones
    Steam ID
    adadaddada
    they clearly coached the bot to do things like creep block and which items to buy. the post i quoted earlier essentially admits that it didn't lean to creep block "on its own." it's still cool though, and the idea of a really good 1v1 bot that anyone can play against is exciting

I love Love LOVE NADOTA!! Haxity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canada's nightmare View Post
    Humans have nothing to worry about. The 1v1 mid thing isn't really that impressive -- it's a single hero in a mirror match-up. That is easy to train.

They're not going to get to a 5v5 by next Ti as they claim, unless it's a very limited hero pool. It's just too big an optimization task, combinatorially. They could use all past games as a training set, but even then they'll only converge to a local optimization not global. Even all the games in the history of dota (a few tens or hundreds of billion) have sampled only a negligible fraction of all hero combinations, skill builds, lanes and items.
    youy dont have a god damn clue what ur talking about. even playing against "expert" bots with the right lineup is actually insane. they always find enough farm to get decent items and they rarely feed for no reason. if youve ever played against a 5 bot lineup of the high tier bots you realize that often times they will punish you with AOE ults/spells in ways that are actually insane (think tide+enigma+mag or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    youy dont have a god damn clue what ur talking about. even playing against "expert" bots with the right lineup is actually insane. they always find enough farm to get decent items and they rarely feed for no reason. if youve ever played against a 5 bot lineup of the high tier bots you realize that often times they will punish you with AOE ults/spells in ways that are actually insane (think tide+enigma+mag or something).
    expert bots have gold/cooldown cheats. not even kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasAnOscarMayerMemer View Post
    expert bots have gold/cooldown cheats. not even kidding.
    how do i get those

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc_lord View Post
    what happens when the AI becomes sentient and disables anyone from tampering with it?
    u unplug its battery? lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayonettahasnoass View Post
    nice sunglasses and suit, why dont u wear a fedora to complete the process fucking retard

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zerfax View Post
    christ go post on a sci fi conspiracy website youu sound like you just copy and pasted that off an elon musk meme
    But it's true, we'd definitely be living drastically different lives, a sentient entity that had the possibility to analyze almost if not every possible scenario in the span of a year or less would change drastically our lives.

Godlike
    Quote Originally Posted by canada's nightmare View Post

prior to seeing their presentation I was thinking 2 years, but next year isn't far fetched

if u havent read Sea of Glass u dont belong in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Casandra View Post

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122718/

and? batteries? for wat?? u think they cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Casandra View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zerfax View Post
    christ go post on a sci fi conspiracy website youu sound like you just copy and pasted that off an elon musk meme
    hey man terminator was a documentary

carno up and coming poster.

Banned
    I don't think you guys realize that once the DoTA Bot gains sentience, we're all fucked.

Software runs at zero marginal cost and thus once it begins to educate itself it will do it at such a rapid rate that we'll be overtaken in a matter of days.
    Compare that to humans which have a poor ability to process in parallel and require a generation of reproduction in order to upgrade.

We'll either be enslaved and put to work as sex robots or be killed off.
    Last edited by NABOKOV1995; August 14th, 2017 at 01:57 AM.

After beating arteezy and dendi mid, shadow fiend has realized that it could enslave humanity and take over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    prior to seeing their presentation I was thinking 2 years, but next year isn't far fetched
    I really doubt it will be able to beat any decent team. It will converge to come local strategy with the limited hero pool they train, but it will surely not be a global winning strategy. This is because given equal mechanical skill, some heroes beat other heroes. The 1v1 mirror hero mid matchup is trivial to train by contrast.

If they do show a 5v5 team next Ti, it will be a mirror hero match up against humans with exactly 5 heroes (not more) they train for the AI.

the president is decided by the voters.
    i have taste and am not mentally ill
    NO ONE WHO MAKES UNDER 25k PAYS INCOME TAX TODAY YOU MORON
    KZZ said these things and thinks he can talk back to people

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast