StoveBot Appreciation Thread

There are so many negative threads these days. I want to post a positive one.

StoveBot is awesome.

1. It forces players to use proper names. This lets newer players play and still understand who is who.

2. It forces players to vote in a way that is not ambiguous.
    You know if the vote counts or not.
    Some players will say "lynch X" without bolding the text and no one is sure if the vote counts.

3. The bot list the votes in the order they were made.
    This is very important to me as it helps me determine who is most likely scum, especially after several days.

Good job.

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Appreciate this dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Working on Stovecoin with ironstove, you will be able to pay a certain amount of coins to use the bot to troll people
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Working on this dick

Pay this dick a certain amount

Use this dick to troll people
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

you're such a fucking dumb pos

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

The bot is nice. Is there any way other hosts could use the bot by cooperating with you (ironstove)? Or does that complicate things and add too much work onto you.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    The bit is still in alpha... Not very user friendly. If someone wants to use it I'm fine w giving it out as is. I don't really have the motivation to etch out more features on it since I'm doing other stuff.

Like doing bug fixes are fine but I'm not gonna write a user interface on it or anything.

You gotta be comfortable w opening up the code and changing hard coded values if necessary although I tried to isolate most of the features into a configuration file store locally.

The plan I had was to have it run server side but atm there is no interest or support from the administration on here to do that.

So, you basically have to run the bot local, and keep it running if you want it to parse the thread. You can always turn it on and off only when you want q vote count but stuff like votecount commands won't work obviously until the bot is booted back up.

I obviously don't care about leaving the comp on since I never turn it off anyway but other ppl might care

As I said I still haven't figured out a clever way to have it run 24/7 off a free server for little to no cost. The most obvious solution is to run it on the nadota web server but as I said nobody on administration seems interested to work on it.

Slith said he was gonna look into it but I never heard back from him on this. Shrug.

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    indeed stovebot is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by gook_slayer_420 View Post
    you're not a top poster
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by ironstove. View Post
    The bit is still in alpha... Not very user friendly. If someone wants to use it I'm fine w giving it out as is. I don't really have the motivation to etch out more features on it since I'm doing other stuff.

Like doing bug fixes are fine but I'm not gonna write a user interface on it or anything.

You gotta be comfortable w opening up the code and changing hard coded values if necessary although I tried to isolate most of the features into a configuration file store locally.

The plan I had was to have it run server side but atm there is no interest or support from the administration on here to do that.

So, you basically have to run the bot local, and keep it running if you want it to parse the thread. You can always turn it on and off only when you want q vote count but stuff like votecount commands won't work obviously until the bot is booted back up.

I obviously don't care about leaving the comp on since I never turn it off anyway but other ppl might care

As I said I still haven't figured out a clever way to have it run 24/7 off a free server for little to no cost. The most obvious solution is to run it on the nadota web server but as I said nobody on administration seems interested to work on it.

Slith said he was gonna look into it but I never heard back from him on this. Shrug.
    I'm sure a bot that is just parsing web pages isn't resource intensive. I'm sure the real reason yiure not getting much traction with the administration is because the back end is literally a black box now with ch0p running it and he's got other shit to do and no one wants his place either

Dan is right

Steam ID
    Ianz117
    elitism has taken it's toll on this backwater installation. we are the forgotten reaches of a once sprawling empire, left to rot in the dreg heap.
    Quote Originally Posted by gook_slayer_420 View Post
    you're not a top poster
    ]

If J was smart he'd figure out how to export posts, then move this forum to something that could actually use addons

Kzz is gone fuck everyone who likes this buggy layout

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    i have a concern that if the layout of the forum was changed, it would brick the bot since it's using the xpaths on the current layout to navigate threads.

i mean, not a big deal just update the xpaths but someone else should do it not me LOL.

I'll do it, sounds like years off anyways