Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: J

Beyond Grantlike
    There's nothing wrong with posting on this site for fun at the moment but we should be clear on the fact that any real time and effort invested here is wasted and won't get the support it needs from the admin team.

Real mafia websites have this functionality already and have the added benefit of being run by good mafia players who care about the site and enjoy making improvements to it. MU has an admin who designs and implements random qol features in his free time whenever he gets bored.

You never want to be the person putting the most effort into something if you aren't in a position to see it all the way through. You'll eventually run up against a wall of indifference and incompetence.

MU is fucking horrendous and unreadable on mobile, though

Beyond Grantlike
    This isn't flame of anybody, btw - I like where the site is right now - but I want to make sure my mafia buds understand what beez's comment means and don't put a bunch of time and effort into something only to be let down in the end.

Beyond Grantlike
    Quote Originally Posted by yns View Post
    MU is fucking horrendous and unreadable on mobile, though
    I will pass your constructive criticism on to their team of people who fix problems with the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    I will pass your constructive criticism on to their team of people who fix problems with the site.
    I talked to them about it in discord during the championship games that Dendi was in. It's pretty well known, but I imagine not an easy problem to fix

Beyond Grantlike
    If NADota's fixed it how hard can it be

Beyond Grantlike
    dlp has grammar, punctuation, and "post quality" standards, and has an auto-merge feature that cuts down on shitty one-liners

If NADota's fixed it how hard can it be
    It's the whole mobile layout. They'd have to redesign and rebuild it all over there

There's just better places to play Mafia on the world wide web. I actually agree with alight - nadota is not gonna turn into a Mafia hub and your efforts are better spent finding a website that can do everything you want from us without all the effort

If we can help streamline the eventual merger to another site we'll help however we can, besides from that I don't think much will ever change
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    i got 20 dollars for somebody in the crowd 2 punch kaci in the stomach

False. There's no other website where I can play mafia and call the other players mongoloids

Epicmafia altho that site is kinda fucking dead
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    i got 20 dollars for somebody in the crowd 2 punch kaci in the stomach

Quote Originally Posted by yns View Post
    False. There's no other website where I can play mafia and call the other players mongoloids

Hello,

I share bees's sentiments and would like to clarify that we are not simply dismissing your suggestions with, "If you don't like it, go somewhere else to play mafia." We would like to support mafia at nadota, within reason, keeping in mind that mafia is not the focal point of this website. Websites dedicated to mafia will always have more resources dedicated to it. We approved the use of StoveBot, which was within reason. Promoting StoveBot to moderator is not.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Hello,

I share bees's sentiments and would like to clarify that we are not simply dismissing your suggestions with, "If you don't like it, go somewhere else to play mafia." We would like to support mafia at nadota, within reason, keeping in mind that mafia is not the focal point of this website. Websites dedicated to mafia will always have more resources dedicated to it. We approved the use of StoveBot, which was within reason. Promoting StoveBot to moderator is not.
    How about you promote StoveBot to a mafia-only moderator? I don't why this is so hard to do, and what downsides there are to doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

That's really disappointing J

He just doesn't want an empty moderator account thatcan be manipulated to fuck with users or something but it's definitely within Js ability to create a special Bot role that prevents malicious use where applicable

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    if account sharing wasn't so rampant it might have been considered

alas
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Ye just make a role that is only allowed to open and close threads in the mafia forum

Beyond Grantlike
    Thread starter already has the ability to open+close threads in the mafia subforum. Just have the bot start the threads and post the lore in a separate post (+give hosts control of the bot so they can unlock to post during nights if needed?)

Thread starter already has the ability to open+close threads in the mafia subforum. Just have the bot start the threads and post the lore in a separate post (+give hosts control of the bot so they can unlock to post during nights if needed?)
    Stove already said having the bot make the thread is a big issue for him

It also prevents other people from using the bot if he's gotta sign in to make the bot make the thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast