Thread: bot wishlist

Steam ID
    ironstove_

bot wishlist

post any ideas you have that could improve the bot, based on how much work I think it will take, i may try to implement some on my free time if i get bored.

ideas so far for me:

1. bot sends out PMs for the host

2. add a countdown timer to each votecount that shows how much time is left till EOD.

3. tweak the votecount to show L-1 L-2 for people being voted on.

It'd be nice if it could show flips automatically
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    It would be cool if it could know lynch dan means to add 1 to divine, or lynch lbj means to add 1 to lucky artist
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    Yea I thought about acronyms and the only way to do that is to build association table, you have to think about how your brain knows that Lbj = lucky artist and such. From the point of view of a bot that is distributed you'd need a shared source dictionary or define the table every game. I decided it was too tedious and made it too complicated from my experience ppl tend to not use a feature when it has so many steps to remember and rules about it.

its not very hard to ask the community to build the list for you and at that you can just tell the bot to read a file and its in there. super easy to program and very easy to make people happy
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Steam ID
    ironstove_
    I'd actually rather install a plugin on the forum that let's you select who you want to vote like mu. How do i put it, I basically fucking hate this bot it's existence is a compromise

Steam ID
    how well documented is the vbulletin api? im guessing if it was possible you'd be making the plugin but idk i wouldn't write it off yet
    Quote Originally Posted by The Old Meme and the Sea View Post
    I will hunt you down

MU uses vbulletin and theirs works fine, but I doubt the mods here would allow anyone but ch0p to mess with the server..

give me the source code and ill help fix it up! id love to take a look during downtime.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

if you set up a private repo ill make PRs for you lmao