Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Let's Laugh At How Retarded Blizzard Is

They are banning FredJ types for picking a non-meta character and getting reported by their team.

This includes some players who have done this all the way up to top500 on the ladder.

I agree with alightsoul time to
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    My place, no clothes, no safeword
    Quote Originally Posted by @Arteezy
    @EternaLEnVy1991 GREAT USE OF THE ITEM `BLACK KING BAR`

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Imagine if activision banned quickscopers because they weren’t willing to switch classes to “better benefit the team composition”
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Imagine if Valve released patches where one hero was just an indisputably weaker version of another and you picked the weak hero (to have fun in a video game/just because you want to) and I whined about your pick all game and then when we both reported each other after the game Valve decided to ban you for "disruptive gameplay/ignoring teammate requests."

If u ever wondered how a cartoony arcade shooter game could develop such a mind-bogglingly intolerable community, just look at the attitudes of their leadership.

This seems like a case of a low level customer service employee trying to reverse engineer a decision for why someone was banned automatically by the report system.

Valve/Blizzard/most game companies use report systems like this, where (# of people you have played with in game / # of people who report you) and if the rate of reports is too high then you get banned.

it's kinda interesting to look at this but I think we all know what Blizzard is gonna do which is to reiterate that you can't be banned for your picks. A single GM/customer service rep writing a poorly written and vague response isn't really indicative of the overall company's thoughts on this

also i think you're missing the part of the story where the people who are receiving these bans are the DotA equivalents of TA pickers from 4 or 5 years ago, where if they aren't getting their hero they are AFKing in base and doing nothing for the rest of the game, abusing disconnect/connect bugs to not get kicked for inactivity. they are griefing bans, not picking bans

If these people were doing any of that (afking in games/griefing/abusing disconnect or w.e) it would be mentioned in the response. You're making baseless accusations, Max_.

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by darkkon View Post
    hehehehhahahahahahhHHHHHAAAA

If these people were doing any of that (afking in games/griefing/abusing disconnect or w.e) it would be mentioned in the response. You're making baseless accusations, Max_.
    No, the player who you wrote about (the top 400 torj or whoever) is named XUL and has been banned multiple times for afking through games where people snipe torj from him

Again, this sounds like a low level cs rep explaining away an auto ban. This kind of stuff happens very often in LoL and DotA as well, but in DotA it's just LP

i agree with max

Steam ID
    miasma
    First, I agreed with Alightsoul. Then, I agreed with Max!

I strongly disagree with everyone and the R word shouldn't be used so lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slithereen View Post
    u right

Quote Originally Posted by Slithereen View Post
    Im sure alightsoul meant to imply that Blizzard was slow in responding to some bad PR, not that they are developmentally challenged.

no one thinks the overwatch devs are challenged; it's just that they develop a game for people that are.

I dont even know anymore max's point is reasonable at the same time Blizzard has said publically they will punish you for your picks and Riot will too what is the world coming to when I cant go mid winter wyvern.

tldr; im emotionally invested in the outrage get me out

Godlike
    overwatchs matchmaking system uses ingame statistics/medals in the mmr calculation. that should make it obvious how stupid the people in charge of that game are.

Steam ID
    miasma
    today someone got mad at me for playing Legion Commander in the year of our lord 2017 and i just like to have fun playing video games

Holy Shit
    well first off, fredj types probably won't be banned because tracer is one of the most meta picks and is generally pretty good in every comp possible. i dont think its wrong, he deserves it. ive had a good number of games with shitty one tricks including the said person and none of them have ever been enjoyable win or loss . also one tricking off meta picks tends to give a disproportionately higher skill rating per win because blizz lul. i think the problem is more than him being a one trick, its that he one tricks torb who is incredibly situational and requires the team to play around him while never switching. also overwatch probably has one of the most toxic communities ive ever seen.
    Last edited by OhMyDog; November 11th, 2017 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_ View Post
    Again, this sounds like a low level cs rep explaining away an auto ban. This kind of stuff happens very often in LoL and DotA as well, but in DotA it's just LP
    I think if your way is mirroring riot and valve, then you need a reality check. If this gm had to make up an excuse for why the automatic system banned him, then there's a problem,even if the ban is deserved .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast