Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Steam ID
    Tralfamadore675

It's not easy to hit Divine[5] ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comme...t_easy_to_hit/

This is who is giving Valve advice!

Valve wanting to please 99% of their playerbase rather than the 0.1% that got fucked by this update (7k+), what a surprise!
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

Beyond Grantlike
    https://prnt.sc/hf9ycy

from the same thread

looks fine to me.
    We must be careful what we pretend to be.
    -Mark Twain

Beyond Grantlike
    do you get matched by the name of the bracket you're in or is it matched by number (exactly the same as before just with some cosmetic reskin thing and people are whining)
    We must be careful what we pretend to be.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    do you get matched by the name of the bracket you're in or is it matched by number (exactly the same as before just with some cosmetic reskin thing and people are whining)
    The matching algorithm is completely the same. The only thing that I've seen people whine about is the non-linear deflation of MMR. As an example, I went from 6.7k to 6.1, a guy on my friends list went from 7.5k to 6.3k and sumail went from 8.5 to 6.7k.

bad unintelligent loser
    Steam ID
    mg
    the only fault of the new mm system is that they didnt linearly scale down mmr. there is no reason why someone who was 6k before the patch should be like ~5.7 now whereas I was 7.8k before the patch and became 6.4. or how a 10k became 7.2 etc. this kind of scaling down makes for a bunch of shittily balanced games which was my biggest fear about the mm system change in the first place

but you know, this kind of mm update was never made in reason. it was made to placate redditors who could In No Way possibly be 3k mmr! They're 2.8k instead now!!

my conclusion from this exercise is that after 4.5 years Valve has continued to put zero effort into making a meaningful ranking system.

if the mm algorithm normalizes and game quality stabilizes, that's what matters.

good players are good players.

bad players are bad players.

5ks will continue to take lanes from 9ks.

the more things change, the more they stay the same. to the point where nothing matters.

so play RMM and eat Arby's.
    My place, no clothes, no safeword
    Quote Originally Posted by @Arteezy
    @EternaLEnVy1991 GREAT USE OF THE ITEM `BLACK KING BAR`
    Twitchchatsucs: Nerds?dude u look worse than my cunt
    Twitchchatsucs: Get a fucking life kid
    Twitchchatsucs: If I see u any were u would be the first person I would fuck u up
    Twitchchatsucs: Fucking skinny mtfa

But then again, in every other game who has seasons, there's always shitty games after season resets. I still think having seasons is better than not having seasons though.

I mean compared to other games DotA does a pretty poor job wrt game quality even at the best of times (excluding, maybe, for one group of players, the time around TI).

But then, there may just be too many variables to skill balance 10 people "properly" in a game as complicated as this. I cant say MM has ever given me a consistently good experience in any of the time Ive ever played dota.
    Twitchchatsucs: If I see u any were u would be the first person I would fuck u up

bad unintelligent loser
    Steam ID
    mg
    theres literally no benefit in seasons that isnt some bastardization of dunning-kruger (lets have seasons because i lose all my games from people who hero spammed in 1 patch, people who quit a year ago and came back and always end up on my team, account buyers, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by mg View Post
    the only fault of the new mm system is that they didnt linearly scale down mmr. there is no reason why someone who was 6k before the patch should be like ~5.7 now whereas I was 7.8k before the patch and became 6.4. or how a 10k became 7.2 etc. this kind of scaling down makes for a bunch of shittily balanced games which was my biggest fear about the mm system change in the first place

but you know, this kind of mm update was never made in reason. it was made to placate redditors who could In No Way possibly be 3k mmr! They're 2.8k instead now!!
    why should it be linear? maybe you're a bigger fraud than most?

Unstoppable
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    fucking saved

bad unintelligent loser
    Steam ID
    mg
    that doesn't make any sense but i wouldn't expect some forum dwelling retard like you to make any anyway

MY PRECIOUS POINTS

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGJJGJGGJJHHHHHH

Steam ID
    i eat pears
    It is not easy to hit 5.7k~5.8k. Idk why people are complaining about the current system saying that there are too many divine 5. Guys, it will take years of pratice to become legitimate 5.8k players. Compared to the current 7k players, granted, 5.8k games are joke, but 5.8k players find 4.6k games joke as well. The massive skill gap exists in relative term. Divine 5 is where you will start climbing the ladders fighting amongst the best of the best.
    I agree with the Valve's conclusion that MMR inflation will naturally happen in time. It can only be prevented by having seasonal ranks that reset every 6 month.

Quote Originally Posted by swaggy_berale View Post
    It is not easy to hit 5.7k~5.8k. Idk why people are complaining about the current system saying that there are too many divine 5. Guys, it will take years of pratice to become legitimate 5.8k players. Compared to the current 7k players, granted, 5.8k games are joke, but 5.8k players find 4.6k games joke as well. The massive skill gap exists in relative term. Divine 5 is where you will start climbing the ladders fighting amongst the best of the best.
    I agree with the Valve's conclusion that MMR inflation will naturally happen in time. It can only be prevented by having seasonal ranks that reset every 6 month.
    to be fair Numeta has been playing dota for what seems like eternity and is still normal skill.

it's interesting he hates reddit so much since they seem to be his people.

Holy Shit
    Steam ID
    Forrest
    VALVE WILL CONTINUE TO CATER TO THEIR REDDIT AKA THEIR CASUAL AND VOCAL AUDIENCE UNTIL THE GAME IS NO LONGER EVEN COMPARABLE TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS AND THEN THEIR CORE PLAYER BASE CONSISTING OF DEVOTED AND LONG-TIME PLAYERS WILL QUIT AND THEN THE GAME WILL DWINDLE AND FAIL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast