Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hope to play next 2 days

Banned
    Steam ID
    let's just take a walk then
    This game is dead; I'll write-up the actual setup since I don't think I'll try hosting a game again. There's a little surprise.

Banned
    Steam ID
    The game is Anon Vanilla 2:2:9, the "Goy Club Theme" only serves to introduce the player to the actual theme of the game: out of game collaboration and account sharing.

At the beginning of the game, I announce these new rules, because it wouldn't be a Goy Club game without surprise and cheating:

In this game, you can PM anyone (anon/real accounts) anything (rolecards, fake rolecards, account details) with no directional stipulation (anon -> Asoul / Asoul -> anon are both allowable). Because of this assosciativity between accounts, you can also discuss the game on teamspeak, on Steam, and in other threads with any number of other people. You can also post whatever you want with your anon account in the game thread; there are no restrictions on what PM's you reproduce into the thread and how you reproduce them (direct quote, screenshot). The only posting rules are that you post lynches in the game thread, only post in the game thread during the day, and only post with your Anon account in the game thread.

Host Setup Considerations:

So the obvious way for town to prove their faction is to produce unforgeable rolecards, which for most users probably can be a screenshot (NOTE: this can also be forged, but I don't think it's reasonable for all users to know how to do this). Beyond that, the only way you can 100% prove a town rolecard is to give up your account details, which opens up lines for play we'll go over below.

So with default rules, only town can pretty much prove the existence of a town rolecard. So we give mafia a town rolecard message in their inbox, a mafia rolecard message, and then another "READ THIS YOU ARE ACTUALLY MAFIA" in their inbox (remember, you can delete inbox messages). This allows mafia to 100% reproduce a town rolecard, something that town doesn't initially know, but then probably finds out eventually.

We can also include other roadblocks in this "rolecard swapping" game: each anon account's rolecard can be sent from another anon account (or a self pm), enhancing the possibility that any rolecard posted is a "fake rolecard". Astute players will recognize that timestamps on these PM's can't be forged, so to find "true" rolecards you simply look for the oldest ones.

Another thought of option is to make every single rolecard different: any rolecard "proof" sent to you will not match your own.

So to 100% prove that you actually have the town rolecard you say you do (and it's unedited) is to share an account and have the other person log into your account viewing that specific message in the inbox. This opens a line of play where one can steal your account and essentially steal your vote. To avoid this, players need to establish assosciativity between their anon and real accounts and then notify other players when their account is stolen (precommitment hash, factoring problem, whatever). We've also opened up the possibility of claiming your account has been stolen when it hasn't.

So knowing this, with omniscient information, you realize that proving your faction is impossible (as far as I can tell) and all this account-sharing and collaboration is pretty worthless. But being dropped into this game, you don't have this omniscient information! The core of this game is to collaborate with the other players and discover how the game is setup and in doing so coming to the conclusion that the "cheating" in this game is worthless (again, as far as I can tell).

That being said, I have no idea how this plays, how quickly people come to understand the actual way the game is built, the ways to prove ownership of account, whatever.

Banned
    Steam ID
    there's a worry that when every produces a town rolecard everyone cries "there's no mafia in this game like before" or whatever, but I think that was worth the risk.

That actually sounds really fucking fun to play

Proving ownership: sign your first post before you hand out your account info.

Banned
    Steam ID
    thinking about it now, I don't think there's any real reason to prevent dead players from pm'ing live players (they're confirmed as town, but there's 0% chance of being able to confirm anyone else as town) but slashing both "live/dead" and "private collab" from mafia games sort of turns it REALLY not into mafia.

Exactly, that's what makes it so interesting.

No time for shit like this unsign
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    You are absolutely lost.

I think a game with all town and no mafia was the best

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    a game with all town amd no mafia sounds like a hilarious thought experiment or smth
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

it did happen
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

Quote Originally Posted by midman01 View Post
    (precommitment hash, factoring problem, whatever)

We talked about doing a game where it was claimed to be a normal type set-up, but Kyle would be given the fool role, and everyone else would receive a pm that they were town and lovers with kyle.

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Hey you idiots you realize that if people expect it it doesn’t work as well

How about someone hosts instead of you all being idiots
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Artist View Post
    Hey you idiots you realize that if people expect it it doesn’t work as well

How about someone hosts instead of you all being idiots
    He posted the explanation after he said that he wasn't going to go through with the game idea

Banned
    Steam ID
    yeah, this is my "fuck you morons" post

Banned
    Steam ID
    because, fuck you morons lol

Sad. I would've enjoyed playing this

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midman01 View Post
    because, fuck you morons lol
    You can say that again
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast