Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maf sign

i think if you want to try and attract more people you should do a meme/easy/mega vanilla setup but what do i know

if this gets decided i'll try and sign
    remember benghazi

Steam ID
    dotakyle

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Host it
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Bees, you are an inexperienced mafia player. You do not know what you want.

We will design the game you did not know you wanted and then get u to play it and have fun

P.S. Memes will rot your brain.

? Just because i don't play with the apes on here doesn't mean actually nvm why do I bother

Have fun with the game if it ever starts
    remember benghazi

Quote Originally Posted by bees View Post
    ? Just because i don't play with the apes on here doesn't mean actually nvm why do I bother

Have fun with the game if it ever starts
    Hey, try playing!
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

I'll be signing this game.
    nadota.com!

Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    As long as the setup looks decent I'm down
    You are absolutely lost.

Steam ID
    orionrm
    im playing whatever the setup just tell me when we're starting
    Quote Originally Posted by GranDGranT View Post
    That's why no one likes you

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kat View Post
    Who are you?
    My top notch tonereading tells me that's the Egyptian
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

This whole account sharing thing has to stop. Some people get a warm rubbery dick from it, but most people hate it.

I don't like it.

Steam ID
    dotakyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kat View Post
    This whole account sharing thing has to stop. Some people get a warm rubbery dick from it, but most people hate it.

I don't like it.

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPA View Post
    Well the setup would be a flavor setup, but the rule I thought would be really cool, is that you aren't allowed to say what your role is - so PR claims to break setups wouldn't be possible, and furthermore, it would be interesting to see town lynching town PRs by accident. It also forces people to play and think differently, which is cool, and I don't think has ever been done on this forum.
    I forgot i never responded to this. I canít imagine how this can actually play. Not as in, sounds so interesting i canít wrap my head around it, but as in... i donít think thatís even remotely enforceable. The entire point of mafia is for town players to clarify to other that they are town, and PRs are going to post in a way to hint towards whatever they are.

Also i donít think removing the ability to claim a town PR adds a dynamic as much as it simply removes a BIG dynamic. The paranoia of mass claiming to break a setup isnít usually an issue. Itís often a game losing move for town and carries a large risk. Scum immediately claims by to blend into the pool of VT and gets to clear out town PR. We happened to lynch SK day 1 and found a mafia day 2, which is good town play and not indicative of a broken setup imo

If you want to get prs killed you do something slick like add neutral roles that aim to kill PRs and die it they no VTs

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

If they hit VTs. Good phone

whats a Sans battlefury

Quote Originally Posted by FRFM View Post
    I can’t imagine how this can actually play. I don’t think that’s even remotely enforceable. The entire point of mafia is for town players to clarify to other that they are town, and PRs are going to post in a way to hint towards whatever they are.
    I agree and Zeus would agree. Soft-claims would be a very touchy subject.

Quote Originally Posted by FRFM View Post
    The paranoia of mass claiming to break a setup isn’t usually an issue. It’s often a game losing move for town and carries a large risk.
    I disagree. Many of the recent games were broken with mass-claims by town.

I want to talk setups more so I'll just drop my idea from the setups discussion in the other thread again:

http://nadota.com/showthread.php?379...a-Alightsoul-1

A better solution than just telling people not to claim roles: you can design roles that strongly discourage mass claiming through a variety of game mechanics. Few but strong town PRs with no certain way to protect them, roles that seem auto-claim for a free clear counterbalanced by a scum power to instant-kill or seriously mess with them if they out too early. More scumsided roleblockers would probably help here.

Claim-counterclaim (more often just Claim these days) can be fun, but it sounds like people are seeing it too much these days.

Holy Shit
    A role blocker on scum side can solve the issue entirely in some instances.

My favorite roll I’ve ever played as was i think called a tree stump. Got to post in thread after death as a wise old tree stump

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    I want to talk setups more so I'll just drop my idea from the setups discussion in the other thread again:

http://nadota.com/showthread.php?379...a-Alightsoul-1

A better solution than just telling people not to claim roles: you can design roles that strongly discourage mass claiming through a variety of game mechanics. Few but strong town PRs with no certain way to protect them, roles that seem auto-claim for a free clear counterbalanced by a scum power to instant-kill or seriously mess with them if they out too early. More scumsided roleblockers would probably help here.

Claim-counterclaim (more often just Claim these days) can be fun, but it sounds like people are seeing it too much these days.
    I looked at the format and result, didn’t read the game through but it looks like fun was had by all, i bet it’s slightly scum favored in fact. Should run it again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12