Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Im down bros
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    You are absolutely lost.

Kkat and I are going to whip together a sequel to my Wild West game and he'll host it.

KKat, I've found my notes from that game. I'll just be sorting through them in a channel for a bit until I have something workable to give to you. If you want to hop in at some point, lmk.

Holy Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by sdadasdas View Post
    i stepped down so you could play the previous game and you don't even include me on the list. smh.
    Bro i didnít know, i appreciate that you did that. Hadnít seen you posting much in discussion of next game but yea for sure added to the list i read through a recent game you played in

How many signs do we actually have? It's kind of confusing with players signing in 6 different signup threads.

I'm basically signing for any game that comes next. I don't feel like I'll try my hardest but i this k it's important that this community doesn't go more than a month without a game being played or people will supa/frfm/others may stop bothering to check if they still happen and then this place is ded
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

I might be able to get roragok to host your game so that you and kkat can both play
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

I'm going to post here with the assumption that KKat (or whoever hosts) doesn't mind the setup being open and would appreciate the feedback

First Wild West Setup: http://nadota.com/showthread.php?379...a-Alightsoul-1

Read posts #2 and #4 to get a sense of it

Wild West Mafia Part 2

Cowboys - 12?

Gunsmith: Every night, give a 1-shot gun to a player of your choice.
    Guns are shot by typing shoot [Playername] in the thread. Shooting a gun is a daytime-only action. Can not give a gun to the same player twice in one game.

Travelling Preacher: Every night, give a Holy Book to a player of your choice.
    Book provides 1-shot protection against night kills and daytime shots. Canít stack books, but can target a player who loses his book.

Houndmaster: Every night, give a Powder-Sniffing Dog to a player of your choosing.
    Dogs are a night action that returns positive on any player who has handled a gun this game. This includes: Gunsmith, any scum who has previously committed a night kill, any player who has been given a gun (whether it has been used or is still being held).

Frontiersman (x5?)

Bandits - 3

the Stranger: Starts game with Unholy Book and Unholy Wrath.
    Unholy Book: 1-shot bulletproof.
    Unholy Wrath: Triggers on activation of Unholy Book. Mysterious Stranger gains 1-shot gun.

Saboteur: Twice per game, sneak into the house of 1 player, destroying all of his possessions.
    Destroys guns, books, and dogs; non-lethal. Night action. (Additional mechanics: Player will be notified if he loses a gun or dog, but not if he loses a book.)
    If a Gunsmith, Preacher, or Houndmaster is targeted, his workshop will be destroyed.

Back-End Betty: Every night, choose to spend the night with 1 player, preventing him from making any night actions.
    Interception(?): Any night action committed on the chosen player will also affect Betty. She receives duplicate powerups with the target, she affects the Dog results of the target (if the target is dog-checked and has not used a gun, but Betty has, Dog returns positive), and she is nightkilled with the target.

Mad Injun: X-Shot ability to use a bow and arrow to nightkill 1 player. This kill bypasses night immunities. The kill will have flavor text to distinguish it as a bow kill. Bow kills are not detectable by dogs.
    Win Condition: Last man standing.
    Win Condition: 3 other hidden win conditions.

To Do: Write some lore/backstory for the characters

To Do: Look at some numbers and figure out worst-case scenarios to make sure the game doesn't end on day 2 due to some random use of power roles.

Balance Considerations:

I removed Town Cow and some other roles in order to avoid a PR-heavy setup.

Points with a question mark are still undecided.
    -I added the "Destroys Workshop" line to Saboteur.
    -Betty's Interception ability is a little questionable. Some details may need to be tweaked or the ability removed altogether.
    -Unsure on how to handle SK's nightkill so that he doesn't feel inclined to just kill indiscriminately every night.

Scum has a faction nightkill which uses guns/powder. They have to choose which player commits the action and that player can not use his other night abilities.

I'm thinking maybe SK starts with 1 arrow and only gets recharged if the arrow hits a named character (town PRs or scum)

Then, some scum abilities involving punishing outed PRs can be cut

This covers 2 core goals:
    -avoid a third party role that kills random players in early nights, causing fewer people to get to play the meaty part of the game and shortening game length
    -discourage outing PRs too early

omae wa mou shindeiru Lucky Artist's Avatar
    Even night sk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxity View Post
    i dont really know me either, does anyone ever truly know themselves?
    #philosophyPHD

Ah, yeah, that reminds me: I was considering PRs taking a night to craft new powerups. So either even night gunsmith or [Starts with 1 gun, but needs 1 night downtime to craft new gun. So n1: no action means n2 he can give a gun and n3 he can give a gun. N1: give gun means n2 he's sitting and n3 he can give another].

but this all depends on the results of sitting and thinking for a minute about what the game will look like on day 2 or 3. How likely is it that there will be enough guns/kills that the game will end really early - if it's likely, gun production has to be limited to mitigate this.

Simplified:

Gunsmith
    Vest-Smith
    Modified Cop-Smith

Godfather - 1 vest, 1 gun
    Vest- and Gun- Destroyer
    Roleblocker

Third Party

Waiting on KKat or whoever's hosting to show up and take the reins

Will continue taking feedback from you guys

I think simplification of the scum PRs is probably warranted.

Lets do asouls setup, seems interesting. Sign
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoo View Post
    ccnc doesnt talk back to me. guess thats what happen when ur alpha

Beyond Grantlike magicmagininja's Avatar
    Steam ID
    hobbitstoisengard
    will do asouls setup provided theres no kyle unless i can be rigged to be the racist caricature character in which case i will shoot him
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Magics been way too agreeable without the least bit of negotiation. I know he's smart enough to abuse his sub-ness by taking it in the ass when it matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timado View Post
    ya, workin out for da gurls never works ask magic, the guy trains everyday like a ucking dog and is 10 years away from gettign some poon
    Quote Originally Posted by iamafuckingretard View Post
    kinkshamers dont know what love is

Holy Shit
    Initial thoughts:

Looks super fun, don’t change the town PRs at all imo they don’t need a day to craft.
    Scum saboteur role is a wonderful addition. Don’t know how I’ve never seen that before where a scum or can disable a town PR for the rest of the game but it’s cool. Players should be notified for all 3 items if they are destroyed, including book.

Serial killer as written initially i think would calculate to slightly over 50% chance to win if they used one of those goofy algorithms to simulate out 1000 games. Not because i know anything about algorithms, but because I’ve seen similar setups where the sk has around 40% chance to win... but in this he’s got permanent immunity to powder dog and permanently pierces any bulletproof? Seems way too OP.

I would guess that this is currently a very low win percentage game for town. Might need to scale back scum a bit. Maybe you are getting so used to town successfully lynching a scum on day 1 that you have that in the back of your head as you create setup... but it’s a higher percentage to mislynch a town than not. But either way seems very fresh and fun

Holy Shit
    Towns “cop” is after all fairly weak:
    -Town smith can give a gun to mafia or SK and that player is now immune from the modified cop for rest of game.
    -If a scum is being lynched at any point past day 1 they can claim they were given a gun and it requires gunsmith to out himself or soft claim.

Scum PRs are super powerful, stranger has a free return kill, sabatuer is own age, but i think they are cool so I’d say leave them, but maybe nerf Betty back end pretty hard. Either just basic mafia or at least ditch the interception?

But then again i kinda want to roll town and try and win against this OP scum and SK Wombo combo so heh

The cop is actually a counterbalance to highroll RNG where the scum gets lucky and hits Gunsmith early.

Gunsmith dies early -> Not many guns in the game -> Dogs detect mainly on scum. Keep in mind dogs (and other power-ups) don't have to be used immediately after the night they're received.

Gunsmith doesn't die early -> town has a chance to stockpile weapons -> dogs are less effective but town can just start shooting and worry about who's scum later

I did think about dogs performing a couple different actions. For example, using a dog could be a tracker ability instead.

The hope is to make it so the dog does have value for both the town and for the scum if they manage to receive one.

I think Betty's secondary ability can just be cut. Primary could be cut as well. Maybe it could be a role where you just stalk a player at night and receive any powerups he receives. This doesn't seem like a mechanic designed to incentivize better play but it does sound pretty fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast