Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i try not to, i find it brings negative thoughts into the mix. most successes are born in a night (or in some other frame but still relatively 'instant') and there are always miscellaneous things at work. ever thought how many won lottery tickets you've been in immediate range of

I didn't see a lottery ticket until I was about 23

I don't get down about missed opportunities because I generally believe the best opportunities are still to come

But I do try to understand the nature of opportunity so I can be better prepared when it does appear

Steam ID
    miasma
    peak nadota.com is watching two people with gorilla avatars muse about missed life opportunities

in the land of the apes, the gorilla is king

also, I think the "success born overnight by random chance" maxim misses the fact that that person still needs to go to work every day to figure out how to make that success into something worthwhile

For example, Henry's got his big break - but is he going to convert it into a long-running streaming career? The break is somewhat random (though understanding the randomness and putting yourself in the right place/right time is valuable) but the conversion is not.

Godlike
    12/25, right in the middle

i hope no one ever slanders imfamous in this thread
    remember benghazi

Once he's the one that is playing dota the viewers will go down

Dominating
    Quote Originally Posted by (In)Finite View Post
    Once he's the one that is playing dota the viewers will go down
    lets see
    Henry_dota is evolving into a great poster and great human being. It has not been an easy path - nor a short one. Tread lightly, lest you crush the larvae of his amelioration underfoot before they molt into beautiful butterflies.
    purples a fucking psycopath
    you guys wouldn't stop making fun of him and now you've made him a regular poster. this is divine justice...
    henry_dota plays dota the way dota is meant to be played

Quote Originally Posted by Alightsoul View Post
    also, I think the "success born overnight by random chance" maxim misses the fact that that person still needs to go to work every day to figure out how to make that success into something worthwhile

For example, Henry's got his big break - but is he going to convert it into a long-running streaming career? The break is somewhat random (though understanding the randomness and putting yourself in the right place/right time is valuable) but the conversion is not.
    thats an entirely different conversation about whether or not he's ready or equipped to handle something like that
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

you could be imfamous, for example, and the probability that your longterm career could take off could be almost nil
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

whats a Sans battlefury

Killing Spree
    its a shame I no longer have the extremely psychotic mental breakdown clips of inthe6. Twitch allows streamers to simply delete any clips made from their stream...

If you never saw them, the clips were basically him saying "Why do people always ruin my games - this game is my life (while proceeding to run down mid). Another one contained him walking around the room on cam saying "I need to break something I am so angry" with his pussy wrist straps on because hes got some nerd genetic problem in his wrists (probably for the insane amount of hours he plays dota and is still 5k). He genuinely had tears in his eyes when he said that..Kids absolutely pathetic.

Did I mention he had a noose as his profile picture on steam for over 6 months? "RawdotaTV" is just another socially awkward hideous virgin who took advantage of the "ESL Twitch purge" by streaming EG games. He'll continue to have a few hundred viewers because of the insane amount he had before because of how many 2k-3k brainless zombies own a twitch account and genuinely ask for advice from this psycho because he puts (Educational) in his title.

Beyond Grantlike
    damn weston just went in

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    its a shame I no longer have the extremely psychotic mental breakdown clips of inthe6. Twitch allows streamers to simply delete any clips made from their stream...

If you never saw them, the clips were basically him saying "Why do people always ruin my games - this game is my life (while proceeding to run down mid). Another one contained him walking around the room on cam saying "I need to break something I am so angry" with his pussy wrist straps on because hes got some nerd genetic problem in his wrists (probably for the insane amount of hours he plays dota and is still 5k). He genuinely had tears in his eyes when he said that..Kids absolutely pathetic.

Did I mention he had a noose as his profile picture on steam for over 6 months? "RawdotaTV" is just another socially awkward hideous virgin who took advantage of the "ESL Twitch purge" by streaming EG games. He'll continue to have a few hundred viewers because of the insane amount he had before because of how many 2k-3k brainless zombies own a twitch account and genuinely ask for advice from this psycho because he puts (Educational) in his title.
    weston just worked himself into a shoot brother
    remember benghazi

Wrist straps? Like the things rollerbladers and retards wear?

Henry its your turn now give him some heat
    You are absolutely lost.

Also i found this doctor guy that streams survival games enjoyable when some friend sent me a highlights video. Dont think Twitch fame just happens randomly you need to be enjoyable to watch otherwise ppl just watch the next best HELLO CHAT DANSGAME HAHA LOL ONE LUL PLEASE CHAT HAHA LOL
    You are absolutely lost.

Steam ID
    i eat pears
    damn weston went hard in the paint on that guy

Quote Originally Posted by LiLLipuTian View Post
    Wrist straps? Like the things rollerbladers and retards wear?
    asking the important questions

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast