Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by prk View Post
    interesting reading. i think that mindset definitely plays a part in our potentials (people talk about will to live when dealing with cancer for example), but being perfectly honest i never have thought of adaptation as being absent in the current human experience. as the only organism to engineer our world and have our environments adapted to us instead of the inverse, its only natural that some of the benefits accrued over billions of years of evolution would be lost. I'm not so sure that these are the things we lose. for example, take a forest mouse that gets picked up by some bird of prey. he is carried a few hundred feet before wriggling free from its grasp and falling to the forest floor. mice are not adventurous creatures and he has never been to this part of the forest, but he has a sense of his way back. i think we as humans have some sort of this sense of "direction" at least vestigially and that it has been dulled by the massive change in how we transport ourselves around (going from foot to horseback/cars). The jury is still out for me on how this span of only 10,000 years could have affected our ability to live in cold environments or adopt a positive, intentional mindset (we experience these challenges from time to time still, emotional challenges, mental challlenges; cold weather stress, the chills from a flu)

im curious what you think about health and life. but my initial impressioon of this man is that we only believe we have forgotten so much, and that we engage with our primal senses more often than we probably could ever understand. After all, how different are we from the nomads of yesteryear?
    You're not wrong but you're really romanticizing the rat thing. 300ft is a lot of distance for a rat to cover and a bird is going to look for the dropped food, they're not idiots.
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

I think wym hof isn't just about unlocking some hidden past ability, it has more to do with biological manipulation to achieve an end result that does wonders for the mind and body. Hidden abilities haven't been lost, just phased out in the gene pool once living wasnt dependent on being incredibly resilient. Modern humans are squishy things compared to the past but we've developed much bigger brains so go us

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/wim-hof-method-the-iceman-on-key-to-healthy-life-w510956

Just read this to have a better understanding

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Youíre living in a computer simulation why do you care so much

Steam ID
    28wksltr
    ah so you mean like indigo children

If you're living in a computer simulatiom why do you care so much about banging chicks..
    /u/GranDGranT has helped pay for 231.26 minutes of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/GranDGranT have helped pay for 19.78 hours of reddit server time.

gifts on behalf of /u/Jalapen0s have helped pay for 14.92 hours of reddit server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeta View Post
    whats a Sans battlefury

M-M-M-Monster Kill
    Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    If you're living in a computer simulatiom why do you care so much about banging chicks..
    Iím stumped

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    Modern humans are squishy things compared to the past but we've developed much bigger brains so go us
    Hey

Speak for yourself!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123